Home

Armor & Sword's CFB 25 Custom Dynasty Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's CFB 25 Custom Dynasty Mode Sliders within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-23-2024, 05:56 PM   #393
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's CFB 25 Custom Dynasty Mode Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
3 quarters through a game vs Ohio with Buffalo. I'm seeing the normal amount of penalties called on me. However, they have probably been called for 15 holdings or blocks in the back. At one point I started to feel bad, like I was cheating lol.

Probably speaks to them being a bad team and their OL having a hard time with my defense? Do you all see that, where worse teams get more holding calls than good ones?

I had a game where I gave up 95 penalty yards, 90 of which were holding. The opponent also turned down another two calls as I was on fourth down. It was an outlier, I generally commit more holding calls than the AI, but not usually that extreme.
Old 07-23-2024, 06:53 PM   #394
MVP

OVR: 16

Injuries seem kinda non existant in my dynasty so far. Playing a two user dynasty with a friend and we haven't seen any kind of injury of substance in 11 games a piece. Thoughts?
Old 07-23-2024, 07:18 PM   #395
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Injuries seem kinda non existant in my dynasty so far. Playing a two user dynasty with a friend and we haven't seen any kind of injury of substance in 11 games a piece. Thoughts?
Push injuries up to 55 and go from there.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2024, 08:24 PM   #396
Rookie

Can someone please explain how to play defense? I am app st. I use the sliders. Old dominion puts up 5 tds 400 yards passing. They are 10 points overall worse than me. I don’t get it. I’ve watched videos. Play cover 3 they just find the opening every time, hurry up and do it again. Throw it deep my cb never left his starting blocks. If anyone anyone at all in here is having success physically playing defense against the computer please help. Or I’ll screen share my ps5 gameplay and you can tell me what I’m ****ing up. I am losing my mind.
Old 07-23-2024, 08:32 PM   #397
Rookie

Holding is out of control holy ****. I’ve gotten 7 called against me and half of them have taken away a first down. Is it because I’m only playing 11 min quarters? I don’t get it. I am Louisiana Lafayette. Obvi not a great team but I can’t run more than 5 plays without getting called for holding.

Everything else feels great , please help

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-23-2024, 08:38 PM   #398
Rookie

flustercuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncaa_tigahs
Can someone please explain how to play defense? I am app st. I use the sliders. Old dominion puts up 5 tds 400 yards passing. They are 10 points overall worse than me. I don’t get it. I’ve watched videos. Play cover 3 they just find the opening every time, hurry up and do it again. Throw it deep my cb never left his starting blocks. If anyone anyone at all in here is having success physically playing defense against the computer please help. Or I’ll screen share my ps5 gameplay and you can tell me what I’m ****ing up. I am losing my mind.

I was having the same issue and asked earlier in this thread. I tried what he told me and it worked much better. Go back and read his post. Basically mix up your D. The AI learns and will torch you. Also, watch some YouTube videos of how to play D against the pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-23-2024, 08:40 PM   #399
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonboy_003
Holding is out of control holy ****. I’ve gotten 7 called against me and half of them have taken away a first down. Is it because I’m only playing 11 min quarters? I don’t get it. I am Louisiana Lafayette. Obvi not a great team but I can’t run more than 5 plays without getting called for holding.

Everything else feels great , please help

Without analyzing your running style here are some common culprits for a ton of holding penalty issues:

1) Holding Down Turbo. Be patient, only turbo when ur looking to burst through a gap / into the open field.

2) Run downhill. So often I see people zig zaggin like they're playing H2H ranked games. The more you alter your running path drastically the more likely your lineman are to grab on to a defender trying to disengage because you're now in the opposite direction you started. Same goes for WR's and blocks in the back.

3) Just take what the defense gets you. There's no need to spin around like a washing machine and juke so much you look like a Barry Sander's highlights compilation. I usually juke once or twice in a run at most.

I usually don't get more than a few holding / blocks in the back a game and haven't had a single issue even when the setting was higher.
Old 07-23-2024, 08:46 PM   #400
Rookie

Godeep24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncaa_tigahs

I was getting in huge shoot outs and couldn’t stop anyone. I was lighting up the scoreboard but couldn’t stop a drive. Finally caved and turned on heat seeker , bumped up all other defensive sliders plus 5 and cranked down speed parity to 35. Boom! All a sudden I was slowing teams down and getting stops and not giving up 50 to teams I shouldn’t. I think the magic button is really the speed parity. It really helped my running game too. These are great base sets but not everyone plays the same and you need to tweak whatever gets you there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »