Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 07:29 PM   #1169
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by smb360
It might not be possible to get rid of it completely, but it can be possible to make the defending aggressive and good enough to limit its influence.

When I put Set 3 on initially, within two minutes I felt like I'd turned the game difficulty down because the defensive pressure and aggression was so limited and I could create whatever play I wanted.

The bursting is linked to the overall bad defending that creates the feeling of 'easy mode'. Some of the other slider combos I've tried (from this thread and my own) have made the defence much more aggressive, so that it doesn't feel like 'easy mode', which in turn would clamp down on dribbling and bursting.

In my videos, there are loads of instances where the AI could tackle me and they just don't bother to even dangle a leg. Other slider combos on World Class that I've tried would have seen me dispossessed in those instances. I hate to say it because there is an initial feeling of fun, fluid gameplay that rivals classic PES, as I mentioned earlier, but we mustn't be seduced by that because Set 3 has broken the fundamentals of CPU defence.

I've been really active on this thread tonight because I believe it can be fixed (perhaps not completely), because I've already seen evidence that the defending can be better on FIFA 17. There is a good game in here. Last year I was a long-time lurker on this thread but never felt compelled to contribute or stick with it because FIFA 16 had bigger problems and EA's patches moved further and further away from the demo gameplay that I had initially loved. Last year it was disenchantment for me, this year optimism.
We can fix this, no problem. The good thing is we've been here before and can adjust. Shouldn't take too long. Thanks again for your videos and feedback on the set!
Old 10-07-2016, 07:30 PM   #1170
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
A Semi uneducated question...

We get a set that looks right, smells right, but simply lacks in CPU aggression....is that the kind of setup you go with, but bump up to legendary? Or, is there more to legendary than simply better CPU ai and aggression?
Probably a line height increase or line length discrepancy. Will get it going here in about an hour or less.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:39 PM   #1171
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Balla is streaming Set 3, with some adjustments I've sent him. We'll see. Last match he beat the CPU in pass % 83/80, good stuff. Fouls need work - but hey, what else is new. He did agree with smb that the CPU is a bit passive defensively. Good test upcoming against Spurs to see if the slight changes make a difference.

https://www.twitch.tv/goblue81188
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 07:42 PM   #1172
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
The CPU doesn't go "through" as hard if acceleration for them is lowered. but the foul count has dropped with the CPU being under 50 acceleration. There is room to adjust acceleration anywhere, but I do believe the 2pt discrepancy is essential to prevent bursting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigeasy31
I make super leagues with teams all over. I just played a match with Rangers vs Montreal in CM EFL 2. I tweaked a tad bit of SET 2. Won 2-0 Howitzer from Halliday first time outside the box. Other PK tripped O Halloran in the box. I play Legendary 15 min on Slow. I was playing to see about fouls and they do come. Had handballs on and had none of those.

Stats Below (CPU/Me)

Shots 7/9
On Target 6/6
Possesion 46/54
Tackles 21/22
Fouls 5/4
Offsides 3/1
Yellow Card 2/2
Red Card 0/0
Corners 1/3
Shot Acc 85/66
Pass Acc 86/79

Sprint 50/50
ACC 47/49
Shot Error 52/52
Pass Speed 45/46
IF 50/50
IS 50/50
GK 45/45
Marking 78/78
LH 65/68
LL 40/40
LW 70/70
RF 5/10
FT 65/65
50 accel is just too fast. It loses the feel of being football.

All efforts should be put into finding a 49 or below cpu/user accel combo discrep setting that can keep a reasonable pace of game, weightinees of players, eliminate bursting, and produce physicality and fouls.

Orion and bigeasy have posted stats that show fouls can come when accel is lowered. I have seen fouls come when accel is lowered. I think there is hope.

Your choice:
1) fast gameplay, bursting and more fouls = Set #3

2) slower gameplay, a lot less bursting, and less fouls = Using an accel discrep sub-50 setting.

Choice 2, is clearly better.

Last edited by Josam27o7; 10-07-2016 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:43 PM   #1173
Rookie

5280Italian's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
A Semi uneducated question...

We get a set that looks right, smells right, but simply lacks in CPU aggression....is that the kind of setup you go with, but bump up to legendary? Or, is there more to legendary than simply better CPU ai and aggression?

That is part of the issue. I have played on Professional for years and jumped to WC this year. It' far from easy for me. The slider set 3 is looking great. People may need to tweak here and there for their skill level and personal preference.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:45 PM   #1174
Rookie

5280Italian's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Balla is streaming Set 3, with some adjustments I've sent him. We'll see. Last match he beat the CPU in pass % 83/80, good stuff. Fouls need work - but hey, what else is new. He did agree with smb that the CPU is a bit passive defensively. Good test upcoming against Spurs to see if the slight changes make a difference.

https://www.twitch.tv/goblue81188
I noticed the CPU pressing me a lot on Set 3. I wonder if part of the issue is that we have a good set and the CPU does play differently from game to game. Where passive D is what one user sees and pressing D is what another sees. If this is the case I think it's GREAT news.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:54 PM   #1175
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've just restarted that same Spain v Italy game I made those videos from earlier to investigate each slider in isolation (50 for everything except slider being tested), to see what effect it had on the AI's actual response to players sprinting in proximity to them, especially past them to the side, and whether it would get rid of that stupid glitchy teleport forward they do that makes them lose you.

I tested the following at all sorts of values for each (50, 40, 60, 80, 20 100, 0, and crazy stuff like that):

- Line Height
- Line Length
- Line Width
- Marking
- Acceleration (50/55 and 50/70)
- Sprint (50/55)

Then finally I started new games to test:

- Slow Speed vs Normal Speed
- World Class vs Legendary

There is NO setting that changes the fundamental behavioural issues where the defensive player just lets you initially burst to the side of them and then runs alongside you, eventually giving up or handing you off to the next defender without having pressured the ball or blocked your route. It's exactly the same on Legendary or even when the CPU has +20 acceleration over you.

The only thing I did notice was a higher CPU acceleration (55 or 70) would sometimes lead to the occasional badly-timed lunging slide tackle, even from a striker as you went by them, which usually completely missed but one time did result in a bad foul. So maybe there is something in them having the higher acceleration to have an extra occasional foul (whether it's a discrepancy at any value or the fact that it's over 50), but it doesn't do anything to solve the fundamental problem.

I did notice that whilst I was testing these sliders individually to the point of breaking them that there are clearly ways to make this game harder, even if it wasn't changing the behaviour of the man engaging the dribbler AT ALL. So I guess when I've found increased defensive aggression in other sets, it's been because those other settings have made the game harder, but there hasn't been any change in the AI of the player actually defending the dribbler.

My next stop is custom tactics to see if I finally notice a difference in the way the AI reacts to the dribbler.

Last edited by smb360; 10-07-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 08:02 PM   #1176
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHigh hitman
Ok, 3rd game into set 3 and this is either an odd coincidence or a big problem. When the CPU gets the ball now they just make a run with the ball. No passing just right at my defenders. No matter the player. This has happened in all the games. It is almost like the CPU passes to get out of their half of the pitch and when they enter my half they just take the ball and go.
I have seen it on the top, mid and bottom.

EDIT:
It could just be the teams I am playing. Real Madrid and United.. They just look to be more aggressive.

Don't use Utd. Ea make them great when in reality their ****

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »