Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2016, 03:30 PM   #769
Rookie

EvertonianSteeler's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Just had a very interesting couple of games using set 2 with the 2 point discrepancy in favour of CPU on acc 48/50, FT on 55/55 and marking 52/52. Only other thing I changed was width to 68/68.

Firstly against West Ham game was a struggle and to be fair it took me a while to get used to the cpu ac adv but the play did seem less stretched and there were more battles. 0-0 at the half and only 3 shots but game felt considerably harder than when beating Man City last night. Eventually Deolefeu got past his full back and crossed it straight on to Lukaku's head 1-0. West Ham did push for equaliser and I scored second on break. Victory felt felt much more earned than yesterdays wins.

Next up Chelsea and I am expecting a tough game and that is exactly what I got. Still 0-0 at 75 mins, plenty of fouls and lots of god midfield battles. I have to say Chelsea seem to play a much more varied game than anyone else. They were knocking it long, doing little chips and allsorts. With less than 10 mins to go Lukaku powers home a header from a corner and I am 1 up.

At this point I do something I don't often do. Take off Barkley bring on Funes Mori, go five at the back all out defend and try to keep possession. What a mistake, after initially not chasing after me for a couple of minutes Chelsea turned into tigers and chased every pass. They forced 2 good saves from my keeper, got about 3 corners and in last minute got a free kick which they launched into the box and after a mad scramble Funes Mori can't clear it off the line and turns it into his own net. 1-1

They were easily the best two games I have played on 17 so far. Not sure if its the 2 point acc boost, lower FT or lower marking, a combination of the three or just coincidence but its worth trying if you haven't already.

My reasoning for dropping the width a little is that the wingers are just to close to the touchline and there isn't enough space to take on the fullback on the outside which on 16 was one of the best ways to draw a foul.

For those craving more set piece opportunities near the area I have had a few in last 2 games by 'doing an Arsenal' ie being over elaborate with the passes and keeping possession too long around the box. If you can keep hold of the ball around the area you will get a free kick quite often. Doesn't help me though as I am useless at freekicks !!!
Old 10-04-2016, 03:36 PM   #770
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabraves

As requested Matt10 here is my next game away at Everton. This turned out pretty much how I expected it to. Difficult to create space and chances against a good side. Their first goal came from a poor clearance from me and my goal resulted from a poor clearance by them, which was good to see. My game time for now is over as I have to go and do that thing that spoils playing time called work! I might try these tonight or tomorrow though in my Sheffield Utd test CM to see how they are in a lower league. Looking good though
Excellent. I do see the offsides issue still, so will definitely look at that with everyone's help. Thanks for posting the stats, villa - have fun at work - I'm just about done for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonianSteeler
Just had a very interesting couple of games using set 2 with the 2 point discrepancy in favour of CPU on acc 48/50, FT on 55/55 and marking 52/52. Only other thing I changed was width to 68/68.

Firstly against West Ham game was a struggle and to be fair it took me a while to get used to the cpu ac adv but the play did seem less stretched and there were more battles. 0-0 at the half and only 3 shots but game felt considerably harder than when beating Man City last night. Eventually Deolefeu got past his full back and crossed it straight on to Lukaku's head 1-0. West Ham did push for equaliser and I scored second on break. Victory felt felt much more earned than yesterdays wins.

Next up Chelsea and I am expecting a tough game and that is exactly what I got. Still 0-0 at 75 mins, plenty of fouls and lots of god midfield battles. I have to say Chelsea seem to play a much more varied game than anyone else. They were knocking it long, doing little chips and allsorts. With less than 10 mins to go Lukaku powers home a header from a corner and I am 1 up.

At this point I do something I don't often do. Take off Barkley bring on Funes Mori, go five at the back all out defend and try to keep possession. What a mistake, after initially not chasing after me for a couple of minutes Chelsea turned into tigers and chased every pass. They forced 2 good saves from my keeper, got about 3 corners and in last minute got a free kick which they launched into the box and after a mad scramble Funes Mori can't clear it off the line and turns it into his own net. 1-1

They were easily the best two games I have played on 17 so far. Not sure if its the 2 point acc boost, lower FT or lower marking, a combination of the three or just coincidence but its worth trying if you haven't already.

My reasoning for dropping the width a little is that the wingers are just to close to the touchline and there isn't enough space to take on the fullback on the outside which on 16 was one of the best ways to draw a foul.

For those craving more set piece opportunities near the area I have had a few in last 2 games by 'doing an Arsenal' ie being over elaborate with the passes and keeping possession too long around the box. If you can keep hold of the ball around the area you will get a free kick quite often. Doesn't help me though as I am useless at freekicks !!!
Love it. That's a great recap and shows that tactics are working - not to mention game scenario recognition.

How are your offsides, ES? I know you and I are looking for those in the stat lines. Fouls will occur with more tackles, so we need to keep mindful of that.

I agree with the width, will be testing that value as well.

If the accel discrepancy holds up, then that would be just brilliant. I wonder if a lower FT can help.

Plenty of things to test. I will test gradually as I've pretty much exhausted the extreme tests and their thresholds. Tough work, but someone has to do it.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #771
Rookie

EvertonianSteeler's Arena

Going to stream one game with these settings now if anyone wants a look
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 03:44 PM   #772
Just started!

Smile Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

@Matt10L I have tested the new injury slides both on 1.

This was very odd... during a match on a 10 minute length with Orlando City(ME) against Everton(CPU) with the new test sets #2. After 3 minutes my CVM "Higuita" has been injured... it was a harsh push of Ross Barkley and after that my "Hiquita" felt down and stayed down grabbing his arm.

** Hiquita has no injury weakness like Robben.

But it is very strange that both injury sliders on 1 there is still a injury but not only that the "CPU" seems very agressive from the beginning.

"Maybe something with (DAA)"

By the way i am new here and my english is pretty bad.

What is your update on the "DAA' ?
Old 10-04-2016, 03:49 PM   #773
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonianSteeler

Good to hear. Just so you know. I only thoroughly tested the 47/49 2pt diff (it works great). Bc I think 50 accel for cpu makes the game too fast.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:54 PM   #774
Rookie

Super thrilled that you may have gotten marking figured out at 52, Matt.

I'm glad you felt 55 FT was creating a good pace for the game as well...that's what I encountered last night when testing FT from 40 back to the original 65. 50 felt like the right pace but the CPU did some weird unrealistic things with the ball...at 55 they started to make more mistakes but the pace was still solid, not 'supercharged' or 'icy' as I called it the other night.

We've seen some luck with line discrepancy causing more offsides and in some cases more fouls (because the CPU is at a slightly different spot than your team naturally), I wonder if small tweaks will be okay with the 52 marking (2 or 3 point discrepancy? Maybe even just 1 point??)

However, like some are saying, I think fouls have a lot to do with how you play, and how the CPU tactics play out. I tend to see a lot more fouls because I've been able to slightly juke defenders and they push me in an attempt to get the ball. Not sure how much slider changing will help outside of maybe positioning them better to tackle you. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Since 1/1 INJ was a placebo, I plan on doing 2 tests when I can next play (probably tonight at around 8 PM Pacific). The first I'm going to try is 1 frequency/100 severity. We had a moment where we thought the injury slider might be flipped...and the only reason I want to try this is because at 1/1 every injury I get is a very serious one. They are less frequent, but they are all serious. I wonder if 1/100 will be less frequent and maybe less serious? If that doesn't work, I want to play around with the 20 or 30 range of injuries and see what happens. We also might just need to wait for a patch. I've had a friend who plays FUT say injuries are happening at an alarming rate there, too.

Either way, great work everyone. I'm glad to be a part of the testing this year, but as always, Matt is doing the most ground-breaking work, haha.

Last edited by Velocityy; 10-04-2016 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #775
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks, Velo - we're getting there, man.

Testing now:

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 04:49 PM   #776
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm really starting to reach that point where I will think twice before making changes. I think it plays wonderfully right now (I won't stop checking in here though, of course ).

47/49 Acc made the game feel more fair, if that makes sense. I brought on 17-year-old Joel Asoro for 45 min in a cup game against Palace, and that kid can run. His pace was very useful, but it didn't feel like the CPU was defenseless because of it... I don't quite know how to explain. I couldn't just go around them. It was mainly his runs off the ball that created chances, not necessarily taking defenders on.
I'll just say that it felt great.

And he also found the net once and will be on the bench for the league game coming up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »