Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2016, 08:45 AM   #1217
Rookie

ISS72's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel93
Lol I had two shots scored against me from outside the penalty area in my last game haha, and another hit the post! Annoying but beautiful to see.
I know, last night, when Ronaldo ran towards my box, did a couple of feints and then buried it, I could only smile. Could be annoying if it happens every time you play against R Madrid though.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:57 AM   #1218
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus59
Matt I'm using 52/50 on sprint and 50/49 for accel and getting on fine with them,we all play the game differently so various combinations suit others,just wondered what you personally feel on the above?
Wow you're giving yourself a really big advantage there!
Old 10-08-2016, 09:00 AM   #1219
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISS72
I know, last night, when Ronaldo ran towards my box, did a couple of feints and then buried it, I could only smile. Could be annoying if it happens every time you play against R Madrid though.
I guess now we know why they won the Champions League at least
Old 10-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #1220
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Responses in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarezar
Hi. I was last here on page 89 and just read 60 pages... If I may say a few things, please don't take them the wrong way. And apologise for the long post, just pretend I posted 6 times in the last 60 pages

- I think, with all respect, you are making a huge, fundamental error, which I mentioned in the beginning of the thread and was not really discussed. Any testing that is done without playing at least a full season with one team using only one set is not a fully meaningful test for the important values. There are some values that will still be meaningful of course but the game adapts to your playstyle (it does) and it takes half to a full season to do that.

I test multiple teams. Multiple leagues. Multiple points in the season of those teams as well.

The only things that is really fundamentally wrong, is underestimating FIFA's tendency to screw up football fundamentals by way of gimmicky "features". If an animation displays once, that is enough to adjust it to the point the animation is lessened, or if a further compensation can be made.

Bursting is a fundamental flaw in the game's engine. Has been there since FIFA 14, with defensive ADD being the worst in FIFA 15, and loose-ball ADD being even more impactful in FIFA 16.

Values like injuries, full back positioning and shot speed are absolutely worth testing from game no1. Values like width, length and height still puzzle me a lot so I count a lot on all the ridiculous amount of testing you do here to see if I can improve my settings, and I thank you for that. However, values like pass error, shot error, marking and pass speed (so the values that make the most difference in the game) are adjusted constantly. Constantly! Once you play a full season and you start testing values into the second, it becomes a lot more stable. I know "the higher ups" will say how important HLW are but honestly, when have you seen any team maintaining their lines perfectly in every single game. They are very important, I agree, but playing a season with not perfect lines is not the end of the world. Plus, isn't the whole point of this testing to give us a set so that we can play many careers after that?

Those values are of personal preference. However, you can't expect people to "tough it out" for the majority of their season, experiencing ridiculously unrealistic pass speeds and 95% passing of a lower league club. I don't think that approach is realistic in the slightest.

It's like being told you have terminal cancer, but not being told how long you have to live. And for all you know it could be a Brain Cloud (from Joe vs the Volcano) that sounds ridiculous enough that it doesn't even exist.

Lines are a base as well, but if a defensive line is not meeting their attackers correctly, or if they leave gaps too wide open that you can literally complete 1 and 2 passes as Newport County, and playing against Barcelona, then that's a problem.

The fundamentals of a set are built to bring in the fundamentals of the game itself. Common sense, human error, humanizing the CPU, giving the CPU a relief from their own self-created exploits.

A prime example is bursting. Bursting COMPLETELY disappears if you win frequently. If you lose a lot and have a low manager rating, the game will allow you to burst but not forever. This is a difficult challenge because you want to remove bursting but you don't want to keep winning just to make bursting disappear. So, to test this, I asked two friends who play FUT to start a career on Legendary (they never play CM). One of them did really well in the Bundesliga, the other one is struggling in the Championship. The first one saw bursting disappearing within less than half a season, just like myself. The second could burst for the full season but even though he didn't meet most of the manager objectives, in the second season he could no longer burst!

DAA is why bursting appears. If you can remove that animation, then you've got bursting figured out. It hasn't been figured out since FIFA 14. Add on the fact that the CPU thinks close control is now the physicality/shielding button, they move over-aggressively to cut off the angle, but grasp at thin air instead. Most of the time, their fellow teammate is following nearby to take out your shadow.

I'm not sure what else to say. Thanks for the info? I'll take this information as something to look forward to in season 2, after I win a lot, and don't get sacked. Till then it's bursting for life?

Ironic so I can win every game by bursting for the majority of the season, with the only goal in mind to prevent bursting for seasons to come. So 1 very unrealistic season, so Season 2 can be more realistic.

I mean, I have no response here, man. Not trying to be rude at all, I just don't know what to say.
The injuries can be looked at. I haven't looked at it at all, we used to think maybe it made a difference to the way the CPU played - but there is no correlation it seems. Who knows though.

HLW and FB's in Set 3 are pretty good imho, we're in a good spot. I honestly don't feel any changes are needed unless the main attempt is to lessen the bursting, but that could be a rabbit hole towards slideritis.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:49 AM   #1221
Rookie

From a Player Lock player...

Original Set 3 except for modifications to shot error, gk ability and marking to encourage scoring. Played 5 games and the CPU was waaaay more aggressive both on and off the ball. They out tackled me for the first time. When they held the ball, they didn't just back up to me, but held it out at length with their foot. They hounded me and my AI players from end to end. And yet, scoring was up for these 5 games.

Set 3, version 2 (as now posted on the OP) except for same modifications. Someone slipped the CPU Nyquil. Dead, lethargic. Just stood there in their pretty formation lines waiting for me to do something. And even then, not really interested in the ball or pushing it upfield.

Test using original Set 3 speed/error/marking settings and Set 3 version 2 run/line/positioning settings. And dang if the CPU still just sat there. So for me, the difference in aggressiveness has something to do with the line/positioning settings.

I was quite pleased with the intensity of the original Set 3. Went back to that, changed some of the settings to limit scoring and in my first game I had a 0-0 draw for the first time in forever, yet was bitterly contested on both sides.

So my current settings are the original Set 3 except for the following -
Pass Error 52/57
GK Ability 30/30
Marking 39/39

I have to keep injuries at 1/1 regardless. If I put in anything else it's an automatic 3-5 week injury for at least one player.

Last edited by emmydogud; 10-08-2016 at 09:51 AM. Reason: update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 09:59 AM   #1222
Rookie

Amazing game. Even a penalty in favor. Only with 3 sliders I find it much more slowly, almost like a video slowed author.

Inviato dal mio Z00D utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2016, 10:45 AM   #1223
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

Real nice work on the sliders Matt. I dont see much wrong with any of your sets so far. Unfortunately bursting is still a huge issue no matter the spd/acc setting and its a game killer for me personally. I love FIFA, but i dont even feel like playing until its patched, its that big of a deal. Cheers!
Old 10-08-2016, 11:26 AM   #1224
Banned

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tball-too.html

Hey guys, not sure who will be interested, but I've finally finished with testing and found a set that works for me. I can actually start playing the game properly now

Good luck with yours

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »