Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2017, 05:23 PM   #5609
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuli
When condensing a 90 minute match into a 10-15 minute half it's very difficult to find that balance between keeping the CPU competitive vs mistakes, Fifa has always struggled with that balance.

World class teams have always been easier to beat for whatever reason, Looking forward to playing Utd/Bayern/Barcelona for an easy 3 points has become the norm since Fifa 15

I recall someone went into detail on a theory as to why on this thread or the 16 thread, whatever the reason I hope they address it in 18
You are right and you are wrong. Because if you're not wrong, CTT is not very helpful in FIFA17 is it?.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:31 PM   #5610
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvitser12
Itīs always been the case ,that fifa doesnīt offer much variety and you donīt actually feel like playing against Real Madrid or playing against Deportivo Alaves..
True. Fifa 14 was great at that though from what I remember. Felt huge to play bigger sides. 16 isn't too bad either in my opinion, but surely hasn't been great for a while.

Quote:
When condensing a 90 minute match into a 10-15 minute half it's very difficult to find that balance between keeping the CPU competitive vs mistakes, Fifa has always struggled with that balance.

World class teams have always been easier to beat for whatever reason, Looking forward to playing Utd/Bayern/Barcelona for an easy 3 points has become the norm since Fifa 15

I recall someone went into detail on a theory as to why on this thread or the 16 thread, whatever the reason I hope they address it in 18
Honestly If they addressed this I would be super happy. I think the game play it self with the help of sliders is pretty solid, if they addressed this It would make it fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
What you've been going through sucks big time,
even more so cause it feels like, based on what you've been describing so far,
the CPU's adjustment to your style has generated a problem very specific to the style you employ naturally by habit.
(as seems to always be the case, though i don't have a diversified enough overview to be entirely sure of this.)

It would be interesting to see a sample of your gameplay so as to get a better understanding of the ways in which you seemingly outmatch the AI,
yet, on the other hand, in which your defense's too liable to hold ground against it when the coding time and time again decides it's going to steamroll you only by the force of apparantly lower-class teams.

But if you're genuinely craving a challenge there's one very practical, normally very effective piece of advice i can give you.
That is to search for a team of your liking which has a low expectation of outcome, like Stoke who, in the 6th year of my career,
was expected to finish Mid-table but had a helluva team.

The reasoning behind this piece of advice is founded upon my findings after quite some time spent in career,
naturally analyzing how some of the more odd, out-of-line mechanisms are likely to be coded,
following which i found out that, at least applying to my own experience,
the AI becomes very lenient with you whenever you're trailing way behind the goal set by the board (for instance, position 8th when you're expected to be champion) so that you (at least i) can expect quite a few easy games to follow --- same in reverse.

The aim i've developed for my self is to always pick a team with an objective i know for my self, given the competition, current form of mine, players at my disposal and all, will be just difficult enough to try to attain;
not too difficult, not too easy.

Now i've found that the problem lies in the objective being too easy or too unrealistically high;
like being expected to win the league on legendary with a team like Leicester, or even with a team like Man U,
cause when the AI's performing truly legendarily,
employing its prowess to full capacity,
you really need to have perfected your gameplay to the highest degree,
offensively and defensively.

So to me FIFA seems to have a built-in leniency to satisfy the cravings of a player to maintain the illusion of prestige.
(excuse the apparant pomposity but it's how it comes out naturally)
In other words,
it seems like the whole mechanism of Career play is wired in such a way so as to give players what they want (in the mind of the dev's),
and so as to not shatter all their hopes, longings and ambition when they do play on Legendary,
for anyone who's even remotely familiar with what the AI is capable of when it wants to demolish you on Legendary,
knows there's hardly any stopping it unless you've managed to hone your gameplay to near perfection when it comes to defensive organization, pffensive unpredictability and realistic build-up mainly.

So, in short (excuse the rant, i'm simply inspired), my advice for you is to pick a team with a realistic objective.

The way to go about divining what kinda objective would be most feasible for you is to roughly estimate your track record over the years,
which for me would always come down to position 7,
something along the likes of that.

What's also interesting is that i've come to find out that once you do defy the objective,
for instance being asked to finish in a UEFA spot, but most of the time hovering around a CL spot,
the going starts to get much tougher until you're around your predestined location again,
That's where the real challenge's been lying for me.

What's more, as soon as i find my self too far behind my objective,
i cannot do anything else but to sim some games otherwise i just know it's going to get too easy soon,
although i have found some exceptions to this rule as well.

So with all of the above given,
(provided you can find some value in it for your self)
it should then not come as a surprise it's easier to Win the league with a team that's been predestined to,
than it is to Finish in a Champions League spot with a team whose objective is to finish in a UEFA spot,
although there may be some exceptions to that rule as well.

Just talking from my own experience after all.

Hope you can take something of value from it.

By the way,
In the beginning of my career i made an exception to my standards and opted for a team who was predestined to win the league (Arsenal)
and lo' and behold, i managed to win it twice in a row quite easily,
whereas otherwise, with a team who's not asked to win the league,
even when i'm in high form,
i never manage to grab that title.

That went to say a whole lot for me,
and began to lay the foundation for the understanding that i've tried to put forth in here.
Thanks for the tips/insight!
I do feel the same way. Not sure however, on what to do.A thing I thought of doing is to be the one picking the big side. If I'm playing a huge side It would feel real to not get beaten and to actually beat the other teams, that way my immersion wont break :b.

But when I pick QPR, my league objective is to not get demoted, and I end up getting to the CL without getting beaten by any of the big sides outside of MU, that's where my immersion starts to sway off. :b

I going to try to start a ''realistic career" by going to a smaller side maybe in a different league. With this new hold-off sliders I feel I can be more diverse with my style. Before, due to the natural pace of the game I struggled playing the style I wanted cause the game was a tad too fast. But the with 48 on acc and a slower passing speed I feel like it now gives me more options to my desired style of play, which is more of a possessive style of play.

With the OP sliders I was basically running on a 4-4-1-1 with my most forward striker being a target man and my least forward striker being a False 9. It worked out pretty well. I do however like to change formations often to keep myself as being a diverse player, and to add to my immersion ofc :b

I do feel too that my defense as gotten pretty solid over the years. The games I concede are 2 types of games:
1- The scripted one, that happens sometimes where the AI basically scores with every long shot they take.

2- Counter attacks. I do like to play on the opposing mid field, I like to strangle them and slowly build up a lead. Sometimes teams are super efficient with counter attacks and ends up costing me a lot.

All in all though, most of the time I'm still able to get the best defense of the season almost every season.

I do also think that over the years I've gotten used to playing vs AI. So once you ''figure them out'' it's starts to get a lot easier. However, just like you say, once a team goes full on legendary it can still completely destroy me. I had the luck of playing Bayern once like that and I barely touched the ball all game. Sadly that only happened once in about 10 games I have vs Bayern :/

In any way, I'm actually really enjoying these new hold-off sliders. I feel like I've been conceding more often than usual with the 48 acc which made me excited to start a new career! Hopefully I can enjoy the game a bit more than the last time I tried without having desires to go back to 16

Anyways, I thank everyone who offered some nice tips and insight on the subject that's bothers me pretty much since the release of Fifa 17
Old 07-25-2017, 05:57 PM   #5611
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Some interesting comments on here of late...I for one disagree with the 'top teams' being easy-beats when CTT+CS (Community Sliders) are employed, I will have more on this when I upload the next CTT Project video (tomorrow).

For now please enjoy Player Career Mode vid, and watch for a good example of how your own team-mates do dumb stuff in comparison to the CPU-controlled team, any theories why this is the case? Mine is that EA does it deliberately to put more responsibility on the player to win matches, but it looks really dumb!

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/x57wLql2BQ8
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2017, 06:32 PM   #5612
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andanesean
You are right and you are wrong. Because if you're not wrong, CTT is not very helpful in FIFA17 is it?.
I have limited experience with CTT's, so if they do help that's fantastic
Old 07-26-2017, 04:15 AM   #5613
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrish
True. Fifa 14 was great at that though from what I remember. Felt huge to play bigger sides. 16 isn't too bad either in my opinion, but surely hasn't been great for a while.

Honestly If they addressed this I would be super happy. I think the game play it self with the help of sliders is pretty solid, if they addressed this It would make it fantastic.

Thanks for the tips/insight!
I do feel the same way. Not sure however, on what to do.A thing I thought of doing is to be the one picking the big side. If I'm playing a huge side It would feel real to not get beaten and to actually beat the other teams, that way my immersion wont break :b.

But when I pick QPR, my league objective is to not get demoted, and I end up getting to the CL without getting beaten by any of the big sides outside of MU, that's where my immersion starts to sway off. :b

I going to try to start a ''realistic career" by going to a smaller side maybe in a different league. With this new hold-off sliders I feel I can be more diverse with my style. Before, due to the natural pace of the game I struggled playing the style I wanted cause the game was a tad too fast. But the with 48 on acc and a slower passing speed I feel like it now gives me more options to my desired style of play, which is more of a possessive style of play.

With the OP sliders I was basically running on a 4-4-1-1 with my most forward striker being a target man and my least forward striker being a False 9. It worked out pretty well. I do however like to change formations often to keep myself as being a diverse player, and to add to my immersion ofc :b

I do feel too that my defense as gotten pretty solid over the years. The games I concede are 2 types of games:
1- The scripted one, that happens sometimes where the AI basically scores with every long shot they take.

2- Counter attacks. I do like to play on the opposing mid field, I like to strangle them and slowly build up a lead. Sometimes teams are super efficient with counter attacks and ends up costing me a lot.

All in all though, most of the time I'm still able to get the best defense of the season almost every season.

I do also think that over the years I've gotten used to playing vs AI. So once you ''figure them out'' it's starts to get a lot easier. However, just like you say, once a team goes full on legendary it can still completely destroy me. I had the luck of playing Bayern once like that and I barely touched the ball all game. Sadly that only happened once in about 10 games I have vs Bayern :/

In any way, I'm actually really enjoying these new hold-off sliders. I feel like I've been conceding more often than usual with the 48 acc which made me excited to start a new career! Hopefully I can enjoy the game a bit more than the last time I tried without having desires to go back to 16

Anyways, I thank everyone who offered some nice tips and insight on the subject that's bothers me pretty much since the release of Fifa 17
Now I may well be so cheeky and ask questions by Krebstars CTT values (if they are the ones you use?) . Maybe it's because of the low speed values from 1-5 that all top teams have, which in some way destroy it for you?.Try and put them between 25-32 before each match. A shot in the fog, but it was a shot.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:25 AM   #5614
Pro

Quote:
I have limited experience with CTT's, so if they do help that's fantastic
But that's the problem, they do not seem to work for everyone. That's why it would be good if more people would start to judge them, Steve is successful with them, I enjoy "suffering" in Championship with mine, Matt enjoying the game without and what about the rest of the 100000 that follows this thread ?.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:32 AM   #5615
MVP

I love the custom team tactics but the ones that I think are to extreme like speed 1 and passing 1, I just change them to like 10,20,30 depending on team

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2017, 05:22 AM   #5616
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andanesean
But that's the problem, they do not seem to work for everyone. That's why it would be good if more people would start to judge them, Steve is successful with them, I enjoy "suffering" in Championship with mine, Matt enjoying the game without and what about the rest of the 100000 that follows this thread ?.

I don't use them, have tried but hate the small stuff like really short passing cause short corners & goal kicks for teams like Barcelona & Arsenal etc.

Glad they work for some people as there is no one fix for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »