Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2017, 12:33 PM   #841
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

That D-splitting ball and how he ran on to it was awesome. And when you said over-the-top attacks, it reminded me of something that struck me from my one game... Long balls matter now.

I love a good "Hollywood" diagonal long pass from the back to front. With manual long passing, I was able to hit several not only to an open winger (nothing new), but hit it behind the defense and chase it down (this was much harder in the past). It really opened things up and has me thinking about how to put it to use in CM... Once I settle on a club, of course.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 01:02 PM   #842
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
That D-splitting ball and how he ran on to it was awesome. And when you said over-the-top attacks, it reminded me of something that struck me from my one game... Long balls matter now.

I love a good "Hollywood" diagonal long pass from the back to front. With manual long passing, I was able to hit several not only to an open winger (nothing new), but hit it behind the defense and chase it down (this was much harder in the past). It really opened things up and has me thinking about how to put it to use in CM... Once I settle on a club, of course.
I would agree with this assessment. The passing, particularly balls in the air, is better than it's ever been.

A big draw for the 35 pass speed was that you can actually hit a ball over the defense towards a corner flag and your runner will get to it before it goes out of play.

Still have over hits, but not as many as years past. Helps to just unlock a little bit more variety in attack for me personally!
Old 10-06-2017, 01:09 PM   #843
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
And for me, just the opposite! Haha, yet to score from open play post patch

Bundesliga package does look beautiful also!
As does La Liga, wow..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-06-2017, 01:12 PM   #844
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

I'll also note, what are thoughts on acceleration? I haven't yet played career mode, so I don't know the lasting effects (if you will). But playing at 50, my guys are gassed (too much?) At the end of matches.

I will say it does make guys with good stamina quite valuable (Aaron Ramsey is example).

Cons of moving to 49?

Old 10-06-2017, 01:18 PM   #845
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
I'll also note, what are thoughts on acceleration? I haven't yet played career mode, so I don't know the lasting effects (if you will). But playing at 50, my guys are gassed (too much?) At the end of matches.

I will say it does make guys with good stamina quite valuable (Aaron Ramsey is example).

Cons of moving to 49?

Funny you bring that up (slow day at the office, sorry for all these posts today).. I LOVE that in game fatigue. Using RBLeipzig, the CM duo of Demme and Keita are both 90+ stamina and they just boss games late. What is interesting is that while in game stamina does leave guys gassed quicker, game to game I'm seeing very little fatigue. I really have to run a guy into the ground for him to not be available for another mid week game.

Give 49 a go if you need a little more stamina, or lay off that sprint
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #846
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hi everyone, new member here. I wanted to ask, for the original post on page 1, should I change those sliders for me or for CPU? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-06-2017, 01:52 PM   #847
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrnydream
Hi everyone, new member here. I wanted to ask, for the original post on page 1, should I change those sliders for me or for CPU? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Human values are on the left, CPU values are on the right for each parameter.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:10 PM   #848
Rookie

OVR: 0

I use

Difficulty - Legendary
Speed - Slow
Sprint - 48/48
Accel - 49/49

I like how the game feels. But the CPU I think is not pressing the necessary.
The CPU Defence when I approach to the area the defender stay stand up but he donīt go to make the pressing, and is easier to pass through.
The CPU attack fail a lot of their shots, and donīt have so many chances to attack.
Any advice ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »