Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2017, 12:33 PM   #841
Qb
All Star
 
Qb's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 8,458
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

That D-splitting ball and how he ran on to it was awesome. And when you said over-the-top attacks, it reminded me of something that struck me from my one game... Long balls matter now.

I love a good "Hollywood" diagonal long pass from the back to front. With manual long passing, I was able to hit several not only to an open winger (nothing new), but hit it behind the defense and chase it down (this was much harder in the past). It really opened things up and has me thinking about how to put it to use in CM... Once I settle on a club, of course.
Qb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 01:02 PM   #842
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
That D-splitting ball and how he ran on to it was awesome. And when you said over-the-top attacks, it reminded me of something that struck me from my one game... Long balls matter now.

I love a good "Hollywood" diagonal long pass from the back to front. With manual long passing, I was able to hit several not only to an open winger (nothing new), but hit it behind the defense and chase it down (this was much harder in the past). It really opened things up and has me thinking about how to put it to use in CM... Once I settle on a club, of course.
I would agree with this assessment. The passing, particularly balls in the air, is better than it's ever been.

A big draw for the 35 pass speed was that you can actually hit a ball over the defense towards a corner flag and your runner will get to it before it goes out of play.

Still have over hits, but not as many as years past. Helps to just unlock a little bit more variety in attack for me personally!
__________________
Twitch: Goblue81188
lhsballa11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:09 PM   #843
MVP
 
JHedges2's Arena
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,780
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
And for me, just the opposite! Haha, yet to score from open play post patch

Bundesliga package does look beautiful also!
As does La Liga, wow..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
Arsenal | New York Yankees
JHedges2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:12 PM   #844
MVP
 
JHedges2's Arena
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,780
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

I'll also note, what are thoughts on acceleration? I haven't yet played career mode, so I don't know the lasting effects (if you will). But playing at 50, my guys are gassed (too much?) At the end of matches.

I will say it does make guys with good stamina quite valuable (Aaron Ramsey is example).

Cons of moving to 49?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
Arsenal | New York Yankees
JHedges2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:18 PM   #845
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
I'll also note, what are thoughts on acceleration? I haven't yet played career mode, so I don't know the lasting effects (if you will). But playing at 50, my guys are gassed (too much?) At the end of matches.

I will say it does make guys with good stamina quite valuable (Aaron Ramsey is example).

Cons of moving to 49?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Funny you bring that up (slow day at the office, sorry for all these posts today).. I LOVE that in game fatigue. Using RBLeipzig, the CM duo of Demme and Keita are both 90+ stamina and they just boss games late. What is interesting is that while in game stamina does leave guys gassed quicker, game to game I'm seeing very little fatigue. I really have to run a guy into the ground for him to not be available for another mid week game.

Give 49 a go if you need a little more stamina, or lay off that sprint
__________________
Twitch: Goblue81188
lhsballa11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #846
Just started!
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2017
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Hi everyone, new member here. I wanted to ask, for the original post on page 1, should I change those sliders for me or for CPU? Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
kgrnydream is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:52 PM   #847
MVP
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrnydream
Hi everyone, new member here. I wanted to ask, for the original post on page 1, should I change those sliders for me or for CPU? Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Human values are on the left, CPU values are on the right for each parameter.
coach422001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:10 PM   #848
Just started!
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2017
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

I use

Difficulty - Legendary
Speed - Slow
Sprint - 48/48
Accel - 49/49

I like how the game feels. But the CPU I think is not pressing the necessary.
The CPU Defence when I approach to the area the defender stay stand up but he donīt go to make the pressing, and is easier to pass through.
The CPU attack fail a lot of their shots, and donīt have so many chances to attack.
Any advice ?
nando17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:06 PM.

Top -