Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2017, 06:04 PM   #1009
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Thanks Jimmy. Yeah, that's just where I stopped last night.

The lines aren't the problem with 35 pass speed. Well not as much as a problem. I want to get that defensive line up, and chi from there.

The beta sets are merely to keep everything honest of what is being tested. It's not saying Definite change our not, but it's a matter of getting on the same page from a test perspective.

Whether we like it or not, we must adapt to these FUT patches. We knew it was cunning. The game isn't the same as it was out of the box unfortunately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Where have I heard that before...?

Oh right, FIFA 17...16...15....

They definitely believe in the adage, if it ain't broke, BREAK it!
Old 10-08-2017, 06:05 PM   #1010
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Pretty sure normal mate.
OP says Slow
Old 10-08-2017, 06:26 PM   #1011
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFBC
Where have I heard that before...?

Oh right, FIFA 17...16...15....

They definitely believe in the adage, if it ain't broke, BREAK it!
I have to say I'm disappointed that they seemed to make defending easier. I felt much more involved before the patch. I do appreciate that the cpu invincibility when using the new LB close dribble was nerfed a bit, but defending is definitely not as manual as it was before the patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2017, 06:28 PM   #1012
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Broadcasting latest adjustments:

Orlando City vs NY Red Bulls

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch: Hunkerdownuga
"Hunkerdown's Franchise TV"

Madden 18 - Waiting on patch
NBA 2K18 - Hawks Online Myleague
FIFA 18 - Orlando City
NHL 18 - Tampa Bay
F1 2017 - Ferrari Career
Old 10-08-2017, 06:30 PM   #1013
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I have to say I'm disappointed that they seemed to make defending easier. I felt much more involved before the patch. I do appreciate that the cpu invincibility when using the new LB close dribble was nerfed a bit, but defending is definitely not as manual as it was before the patch.
As an avid follower of @EAhelp/@EASportsFIFA on Twitter I saw the writing on the wall once the wailing began at launch (coming mostly from noobs/FUT players): "The game's too hard! Beginner/semi Pro is too difficult! I can't defend in this game!!!" - EA as per usual bows to the lowest common denominator, year on year.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:22 PM   #1014
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

OP Is updated:

Since most of the time we are testing the values of previous sets, you will see the same value twice if it is currently in beta testing status. This will be marked red in this format: "BetaV3" (Beta Version 3). There will be an explanation of the values as well as the credits when sets are finalized.

FIFA 18 Operation Sports Sliders | Version 2

10/8/17 -- A long week playing with the patch update(s). The version 2 set still played well, but issues with the user defenders meeting the CPU attackers was a bit troublesome. We went a bit too extreme with beta testing, and that backfired a bit. Most recent BetaV3 values are in a better direction. Please provide feedback on them.

9/26/17 -- We used the base and turned it inside out. Exploring multiple values, and coming up with some great stuff. I think our goal to have something solid out by Friday should be on track. Please check it out and leave your feedback!

World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow Speed
Sprint Speed - 51/51 - Needs more testing, but the attempt here is to increase more physicality, but also to balance the slower animations due to pass speed decrease.
BetaV3 - 50/50 - Realized that 51/51 is too much to get discrepancy between players. Fast players were getting caught too easily, etc.
Acceleration - 50/50

Shot Error - 50/50
BetaV3 - 52/52 - I think it was Jhedges that found this shot error at 52 to be a nice balance of terrible misses, solid finishes and chances for the spectacular.
Pass Error - 60/60 - We liked the decision making here from the CPU, without hurting the variety.
BetaV3 - 55/55 - Think it was Jimmymeatball that suggested this value, and it seems to be solid so far. The key with this lowering of pass error is because the crosses by the CPU were just horrendous. Not as bad as years past with constantly going out of bounds, but more so that every cross went to the keeper, or just looped up in the air illogically.
Shot Speed - 45/45 - Kudos to Josh here, fantastic find. Loving the shot animations and the power on the shots still. Really great.
BetaV3 - 50/50 - It was getting a bit laboring with the low shot speed, especially since EA tuned the goalkeepers to save more easily. Needed a bit more of that "oomph" to the shots as well, and now, relative to the shot error, it looks good.
Pass Speed - 35/35 - Probably the breakthrough here thanks to balla. It not only slows the pass speed (Driven pass), but also slows down the animation speeds of all players. Very nice find, and allows us to modify the other values accordingly.
BetaV3 - 45/40 - I know there is a good reception for 35/35, but for me, I felt the ball just dragged on the surface. The CPU is lower here because they love driven passes.
Injury Frequency - 50/50

Injury Severity - 50/50

GK Ability - 45/45 - Kudos to Josh here because the saves, relative to the shot speed, look much more in sync and less twitchy. Seeing some nice save animations and adequate, realistic, goals given up.
BetaV3 - 42/42 - Lowered just a tad to make up for the GK saving everything under the sun. Still may need a look because they tend to catch every side footed shot that is headed for the top corner.
Marking - 40/50 - The discrepancy is because the CPU defense is fine, so there is no need to adjust their values away from default anymore. The user's, however, is a bit more chaotic at default. The defenders tend to turn their back and follow the attackers deep into the box. With this lower marking approach, it allows more calmness defensively, and not have the users defenders running around aimlessly. More zonal look means less of chasing an attacker out of position, and more opportunities for offsides.
BetaV3 - 40/51 - Started to see Defensive Angle Animation (DAA, when the defending CPU player takes a terrible angle to the ball, most of the time happens to high aggression teams). As a result, marking just got a bump in marking to 51. On the user side, 40 is still solid, and as Gnemi said, it allows the user to make the defensive decisions versus higher marking where the teammate AI just wants to follow players everywhere.
Run Frequency - 50/50 - With the adjustment to pass speed, and the line values, there is no need to handicap the CPU with a lower run frequency. Thankfully the driven pass is lessened, so now the CPU has to find these players that are making their runs. In addition, it was found that the run frequency affects some physicality chances as well, since on a lower setting, there are not enough players up the pitch - thuse not enough opportunity for physicality.

Height - 50/50
BetaV3 - 52/50 - Bumped up slightly for the user as the defensive line just could not reach the CPU's attacker. Now, they are at least much closer, and it is up to the user to make the next move. Yes, you may still have to manually move the CB, but there will also moments where they get there on their own.
Length - 45/45 - Bit the bullet on this one, reluctantly, as we did not want to modify any line values. Enough was enough though as the length of the pitch was too far decompressed, and resulted in 15-30 yard passes with ease, and to feet. This change, relative to the set, has now allowed a bit more opportunity for physicality and more actual build up.
BetaV3 - 45/44 - Very subtle change, but made a big difference in the CPU's attack. They are more calm, less direct, and actually pass the ball back if they don't have any options forward. It's not to say they won't use driven pass, but at least there will be times where the CPU attacker picks up the ball in the defensive third instead of top of the box constantly.
Width - 48/48 - Lowered this just a bit to compliment the adjustments to length and pass speed. The driven pass tends to occur in more width in the midfield, so lessened the space has helped quite a bit. Have to pay attention to the FBs getting too cramped though, but this should be okay relative to the run frequency and marking settings.

FB Positioning - 50/50

FT Control - 55/55 Allows for a slight bad touch on occasion, and separates quality players form lower level.
Our Number 1 RULE: PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR OWN SLIDER SET. The base is posted here in the Original Post, please provide feedback and suggested tweaks (and why) from it directly. Thank you.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:23 PM   #1015
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFBC
As an avid follower of @EAhelp/@EASportsFIFA on Twitter I saw the writing on the wall once the wailing began at launch (coming mostly from noobs/FUT players): "The game's too hard! Beginner/semi Pro is too difficult! I can't defend in this game!!!" - EA as per usual bows to the lowest common denominator, year on year.
It's another reason why I grind an axe against the UT paradigm. I understand its popularity and its overwhelming value to developer/publisher, but I just hate how it hollows out development of the sport simulation aspect of sports games. Now, taking a risk with a gameplay mechanic like greater manual defending has a consequence of alienating its userbase that pumps cash into the game the entire release cycle.

Instead of developing or innovating, it just becomes rational to spend very little of pushing the title creatively and instead maintain it in a state that maximizes the continued investment of its UT userbase.

It's not all doom and gloom of course because I feel like we really did get some nice QoL improvements this year, and I'm enjoying the game. It's hardly as ambitious as it used to be though, and the changes to defending are a thumbs down from me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #1016
MVP

OVR: 6

For those who thought the previous Beta was too open, I think you'll be quite pleased with the latest update. Reallllly tightened up the defense for both sides, particularly the CPU. I'm having fits getting quality looks in the box. Need to rethink my tactics a bit!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »