Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2017, 06:42 AM   #737
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Hi

Probably been asked before but do these sliders work on Switch?
If not does anyone have a set for it?
Thanks
Old 10-04-2017, 07:02 AM   #738
Rookie

I'm patiently waiting for the first patch to hit Xbox One as I played FIFA 18 properly for the first time yesterday (World Class difficulty and leaving all sliders at default as I didn't know if there would be any done yet) and was so disappointed. Playing CM as Crystal Palace, my 4 pre-season games were all ridiculous games of 4-3, 5-4 and a 6-4 I think in my last match before I could take no more and switched it off. The passing was incredibly easy with me pinging the ball around all over the place. Keepers made some shocking misses on shots that went right by them at both ends and I was seriously puzzled at how easy the game felt to keep possession and score goals myself but yet at the same time make terrible defensive errors and concede lots of silly goals too.

I usually play on Legendary difficulty and tried World Class at first just incase 18 took more time to adjust to than 17. After scoring so many yet conceding so many at the same time I felt baffled and annoyed at how poor the realism of the game was.

I'm happy to hear that the patch supposedly improves keepers and realism but am now waiting patiently for it to hit consoles before I decide if the game is worth keeping or not.

Are the sliders on page 1 the ones that will work WITH the console patch or is it a case of waiting for another once it hits still? I'd rather adjust everything before my next post-patch CM as I fear starting one that isn't very realistic and so still hating the game will put me off it for good! Eager to play right now but not even going to bother while the game is so broken.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:33 AM   #739
Rookie

Anybody else feel the number of saves by CPU GKs are still crazy?

Almost every game, CPU GKs have 10 saves per game. It's like they're De Gea every game.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:55 AM   #740
Rookie

OVR: 1

I tried the sliders and having pass speed all the way down to 35 just doesn't work in my opinion. The animations are nice, but it causes a minor disruption in how smoothly the camera scrolls forward. I'm gonna try it at 45/45 and see how that works.

Also, I think AI speed and acceleration needs to be set lower than the user values, otherwise you're just never going to be allowed to outrun an AI opponent on World Class.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:04 AM   #741
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
Couldn't help but test it now.
Started a NEW CM, played the same match-up as Matt (Crystal Palace - Huddersfield) with the OP set, lost 0-1. The game was nice & smooth. So this is not a bad gameplay patch after all.

However I then loaded my pre-patch CM, and the game was back to FUT mode on fast forward. Does that mean that when the patch lands you will all have to start a new CM? I'm not sure but there's certainly something really weird going on.
I'm not 100% sure it applies to pre-patch CM's either, I think it's just a matter of "resetting" the gameplay by playing a quick kick-off match.

I replayed the crazy fast bundesliga match up of FC Koln at M'Gladbach:

Gameplay is much better again. Will have to test the pre-patch CM's later as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2017, 08:25 AM   #742
MVP

OVR: 3

Matt, folks:

Will you keep 'previous versions' (and what version of the game they applied to) on the main page as you adjust the sliders based on either difficulty level or patch effects? I recall two years ago we had a really nice game set up with a certain game version, things looked and felt really nice then a new patch came out and we were almost starting from scratch. This time around (hope to get the game tonight) I plan on disconnecting the automatic downloads for patches if I get the game to where I like it; however, your 'liner notes' for each slider are extremely helpful for me to make my own small adjustments as my skills improve or wane. Thanks for the good work as usual!
Old 10-04-2017, 09:06 AM   #743
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Papernut and JimmytheMeatball are now two of my favorite users.

I just played 15 min halfs with Newcastle v. Swansea. Normal Speed with the sprint at 46. I used the Protect 10 tactics EXCEPT I had both teams with 55 aggression based on their previous findings.

The game had 10 total fouls with 7 on the CPU and 6 cards total.
Papernut gets 100% of the credit for that one, but thanks for the vote of confidence, all essential thoughts for getting the fouls up and moving forward.

Work/kids have been brutal, and haven't been able to play any. I'm glad to hear the stream turned around last night. I may get back early today, and I can check to see if pre-patch CMs also run fast post-patch and then get back on track. Thanks for broadcasting last night Matt and Ihs/GoBlue.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:16 AM   #744
Just started!

Hello
I use your sliders OS since a few days, with semi manual and 8min half game.
I found it quite realistic

however
it's sometimes too easy to sprint, especially near sides :
I put down sprint from 51 to 49, and slightly increase IA width.

and increase pass speed from 35 to something near 45.

thank you all, bye

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »