Home

FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2020, 10:01 PM   #2329
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabraves
I’ve been playing in tournament mode trying to find a balance between WC and Legendary using the base set with a few adjustments. I want to put up a career mode on YouTube and started a trial one today with the error differences that I’d found reasonable and acceptable for my ‘old man’ ability. I soon realized that really I should have tested in career mode and not tournament mode because as we all know, career mode plays ‘differently’! So now I’m just going to use the base set on WC with marking at 70 as the only difference. Like you I find marking at 72 just stifling. Anyway I’ve decided to go with Burnley as their season objectives are one of the very few that seem realistic for teams not considered ‘big’ and they don’t have a huge budget. Thinking of creating a thread in the dynasty area and posting the games there but not sure yet. I also still think that the Premier League plays differently from all other leagues too, something just seems ‘off’. Didn’t we get that feeling on here last year too? Anybody else think it’s the same this year?
Let us know when you get the youtube videos going. I don't know a lot about Burnley so that's a good choice. Yeah PL always feels a bit different. I think this year the big 5 leagues all play a little differently though and have their own personality. Which is nice and if intentional EA at least got that right. So I'd say the PL feels 'off' but not in a bad way.

I'm tempted to finish my CM but the top teams basically going undefeated is gnawing at me now that I've stepped away and play other games from companies that care about their product. lol
Old 04-13-2020, 10:35 PM   #2330
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Been playing games here and there using Matt's personal preferences on legendary 10 min slow and it's playing fairly well. The only thing I did for the last few matches was dropping marking back down to 52. Having it at 52 might be fine or it could be a tad low but I think 72 has become to high.

I know they've mentioned no changes in regards to CPU defending but IMO the game is back to CPU having super powered ability to win tackles. 72 feels very suffocating in an unrealistic way for me. Also with the lower marking I saw more passing the ball around sideways and back and not so direct. So maybe lowering marking is worth a look.
Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Operation Sports mobile app
Hey guys, thanks for making FIFA20 playable! I've been playing the set with Matt's preferences as well on Legendary. I wanted to touch on the marking, it seems that with the new update the 72 was heightened. The defense has been over pursuing their man in comical ways.

example: my fb starts marking his man and ends up in the attacking 3rd–completely abandoning his line and leaves a man wide open.

I hope going back down to 60 or something along those lines helps. Any tips on a number/setting to drop the marking? Could this be caused by another slider?

Any help is greatly appreciated! (I tried uploading a video evidence but failed miserably)
Old 04-13-2020, 11:43 PM   #2331
Rookie

Quakesfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Been playing games here and there using Matt's personal preferences on legendary 10 min slow and it's playing fairly well. The only thing I did for the last few matches was dropping marking back down to 52. Having it at 52 might be fine or it could be a tad low but I think 72 has become to high.

I know they've mentioned no changes in regards to CPU defending but IMO the game is back to CPU having super powered ability to win tackles. 72 feels very suffocating in an unrealistic way for me. Also with the lower marking I saw more passing the ball around sideways and back and not so direct. So maybe lowering marking is worth a look.

I've also felt that after the latest patch the defenders are tighter to their marks and also CPU attacks are very direct. I have tried lowering run frequency to 1, and it seemed to slow down the CUP attacks pretty well. I will look into the marking value as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2020, 04:15 AM   #2332
Rookie

Superreds's Arena

Hi Matt and others
I play legendary, full manual with OP settings – adjusted with Matts personal preference.
I play as Sunderland in league one. Had to do it after watching the Netflix documentary.
I have the following issues with gameplay as is:

Blocked shots
The CPU is a master in blocking shots.

Blocked passes
The CPU is a master in blocking an intercepting passes/crosses.

CPU finishing

The CPU is just clinical in their finishing. I play league one – but the CPU finishing is Messi like.

CPU free kicks
CPU free kicks that are not shots an target, but crosses, are just hit over everybody and goes out for a goal kick. This just looks like bad programming. It hurts my eyes every time. It also means that fouling the CPU out of shooting range is without any risks.

User goalkeeper
Big problem saving shoots at the near post. Almost certain goals for the CPU.

User finishing

Using manual shooting shot error at 70 is just making it almost impossible to score from range.

Loose balls
The CPU is first on almost every loose ball.

Marking
With marking at 72 there is some issues with defenders marking attackers to the point where they ignore the ball carrier and follow attackers into the box – thereby playing attackers onside.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:20 AM   #2333
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superreds
Hi Matt and others
I play legendary, full manual with OP settings – adjusted with Matts personal preference.
I play as Sunderland in league one. Had to do it after watching the Netflix documentary.
I have the following issues with gameplay as is:

Blocked shots
The CPU is a master in blocking shots.

Blocked passes
The CPU is a master in blocking an intercepting passes/crosses.

CPU finishing

The CPU is just clinical in their finishing. I play league one – but the CPU finishing is Messi like.

CPU free kicks
CPU free kicks that are not shots an target, but crosses, are just hit over everybody and goes out for a goal kick. This just looks like bad programming. It hurts my eyes every time. It also means that fouling the CPU out of shooting range is without any risks.

User goalkeeper
Big problem saving shoots at the near post. Almost certain goals for the CPU.

User finishing

Using manual shooting shot error at 70 is just making it almost impossible to score from range.

Loose balls
The CPU is first on almost every loose ball.

Marking
With marking at 72 there is some issues with defenders marking attackers to the point where they ignore the ball carrier and follow attackers into the box – thereby playing attackers onside.
Are these problems after the new patch? If so then it seams like it is not good idea to update the FIFA.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:27 AM   #2334
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I think marking can go down to 70 to start. I've been testing a harder version of the legendary sliders on my own time, and will actually have a video out. It's mainly for those who are stuck between legendary and ultimate (ultimate is far away from realistic) in terms of a challenge.

Overall, there are a couple values that can be adjusted though. I think the beauty of sliders this year is how they are well represented to the number and its connections. Shot error is controlled by shot speed and GK ability for example.

I'm still having an absolute blast, but can understand if there is room to adjust, let's go for it. To me, it's just a bit bizarre to be modifying sliders in mid April - that part hasn't sunk in yet!
Old 04-14-2020, 03:17 PM   #2335
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I think marking can go down to 70 to start. I've been testing a harder version of the legendary sliders on my own time, and will actually have a video out. It's mainly for those who are stuck between legendary and ultimate (ultimate is far away from realistic) in terms of a challenge.

Overall, there are a couple values that can be adjusted though. I think the beauty of sliders this year is how they are well represented to the number and its connections. Shot error is controlled by shot speed and GK ability for example.

I'm still having an absolute blast, but can understand if there is room to adjust, let's go for it. To me, it's just a bit bizarre to be modifying sliders in mid April - that part hasn't sunk in yet!

After the update, I do not notice it as different from the game as some say. I see it almost the same. It is true that the CPU scores a little better. Maybe lowering the marking to 70 or 69 is fixed, but I do not think there is much more to modify.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2020, 03:53 PM   #2336
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Played 3 full matches he's and replayed a couple others multiples times using various values for marking. Dropped back to 52 and that's to extreme the resistance in mid field disappeared and defenders never came out to meet the attackers. 70 was still felt to smothering. Eventually trying one value at a time settled on 66. There was enough pressure to cause mistakes and turnovers but not so much so that a well timed pass or catching someone out of position you could get user/cpu through.

Also I'm surprised that GK at 40 is playable I would think the keepers would be to dumb to do anything but they've made and missed saves in spectacular and most importantly realistic ways.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 04-14-2020 at 03:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »