Home

Savoie Style: NHL 13

This is a discussion on Savoie Style: NHL 13 within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #73
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Savoie Style: NHL 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki
is the first page updated with the most latest changes?
yup yup yup
Old 10-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
ok i tried your suggestion MK decreasing the hitting power. and yes you're correct more penalties was called on both sides. just played 1 game though but i saw 4 pens called vs CPU and 6 vs me. the # of hitting remains the same so its good.

i think i'll be playing 3-4 seasons of BaGM with these sliders, adjustments and 1.04. i dont mind at all if we dont have NHL season this year. ^%#@ greed PLUS BETMAN... even since he came to power how many times that season got interrupted? time to replace that bastard.
First off, great work to everyone who's contributed. Everyone here might just get me back into BaGM. I played a season then quit because I was frustrated with penalties. Then tried BaP but was frustrated with certain stats not counting and idiot GMs. Now I might just give BaGM a try again tweaking my sliders a bit and using these as my guide.

I'd like to warn you guys I've been playing on Hitting Power 3 with my slider set, and could not get consistent results with CPU penalties. Team hit numbers were consistently around 30 per team. But for penalties, one game would be 7, next few games they'd only commit 1-2. There's probably a combination of sliders that affect it too but I haven't figured that out yet. Maybe fatigue? I have Fatigue Effect at 4 and Recovery at 3, maybe going with 5/2 like you have it could have a role (i.e. tired players have more penalties)?

Last edited by meetjsquared; 10-09-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

...but that's also consistent with NHL games. I don't want EVERY game to play the same. As someone who attends 10-15 Lightning games a year, I've seen games with only a couple penalties called. So I don't mind this as I don't view it as a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
ok i tried your suggestion MK decreasing the hitting power. and yes you're correct more penalties was called on both sides. just played 1 game though but i saw 4 pens called vs CPU and 6 vs me. the # of hitting remains the same so its good.

i think i'll be playing 3-4 seasons of BaGM with these sliders, adjustments and 1.04. i dont mind at all if we dont have NHL season this year. ^%#@ greed PLUS BETMAN... even since he came to power how many times that season got interrupted? time to replace that bastard.
What acceleration numbers did you use?

I think this is the ONLY thing in question right now... will probably start a BAGM as well - appreciate and value your input on this. Thanks!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

I probably should have mentioned that while I like the variety of the number of penalties game to game, I was still last in PP chances throughout the season. PK was fine (somewhere in the middle) since I would commit penalties as well as my CPU AI. I still got more than a few 0 penalty games from the CPU, and I think I had a total of just over 200 attempts (202 or 203 I think) but that included 22 games I simmed because my CaP got injured and I'm sure it bumped my numbers up a bit. Looking at NHL stats from last year, the bottom 4 in total PPs were 223, 243, 244, and 245. I'd like a slight increase. I'd be happy with 250 in a season (3 per game).

If I remember right, these were the sliders I used, with the differences in blue parenthesis. Now that I look at it, I wonder if stick lift/poke check effectiveness might have an effect on penalties.

Rules
Skill: All-star
Period Length: 10 minutes
Penalties: Maxed
Post Whistle Rules : Authentic
Penalty Time Scaling: 2 (0)
Fighting: 1

General
Tuner Set Version: Latest (1.04)
CPU Aid: Hardcore
Broken Stick Frequency: 2
Game Speed: 3 (1)
Attribute Effects: 3
Fatigue Effect: 5 (4)
Fatigue Recovery: 2 (3)
Injury Occurrence: 1 (2 or 3)
Puck Control: 0 (1)
Player Acceleration: 1

AI
AI Learning: 6
CPU Difficulty Adjustment: 0 (Don't won't the attributes skewed and hate the CPU having advantages)
CPU Strategy Adjustment: Maxed (3)
Human Strategy Adjustment: 0
CPU Face Off Difficulty: 4 (was 4, gonna play on 5 because on 4 i win 80%)
Fight Difficulty: 6
CPU Penalties: Maxed
CPU Teammate Penalties: Maxed

Passing
Pass Assist: 2 (3)
Manual Passing: Off
Pass Speed: 2 (1)
Saucer Pass Speed: 3
Pass Accuracy: 0 (1)
Pass Reception Ease: 0 (1)
Pass Interceptions: 3 (1)

Shooting
Shot Accuracy: 2 (1)
Shot Power: 3
Slap Shot Accuracy: 1
Slap Shot Power: 3
One-Timer Accuracy: 0 (1)

Checking
Hitting Assistance: 1 (3)
Aggression: Maxed
Hitting Power: 4 ( A bit overpowered but produces more penalties and matches NHL numbers.) (3)
Stick Lift Effectiveness: 0 (3)
Poke Effectiveness: 1 (3)

Goalies
Goalie Passing: 1 ( Less of the goalie skating way out to play the puck)
Goalie Cover Puck Frequency: 5 (4)
Goalie Screen Effect: 4 (3)
Goalie Reaction Speed: 3 (6)

Last edited by meetjsquared; 10-09-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #78
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
What acceleration numbers did you use?

I think this is the ONLY thing in question right now... will probably start a BAGM as well - appreciate and value your input on this. Thanks!
used +1 (human)/0 (CPU)

almost all are the same with savoie's updated sliders EXCEPT accelaration and pass...i suck big time in passing so i use manual with +5 pass assist.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Yeah, i'm really bad at passing too... barely in the 50% range.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #80
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Yeah, i'm really bad at passing too... barely in the 50% range.
Ditto!!! I'm going to do this as well because I struggle to get out of the low 40's for passing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

PSN: hoos4974

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »