Home

Savoie Style: NHL 13

This is a discussion on Savoie Style: NHL 13 within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #49
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Savoie Style: NHL 13

I'm thinking about creating a GM Connected league with custom sliders, I came up with an idea which could be fun:

All human GM's would enable games vs. Cpu for their own games. When you have human vs human team games on schedule you would be allowed to play vs. Cpu but only HOME games. Other option would be play human vs. human if you can just make that game happen.

So instead of everyone of us playing our own Be a GM's we could play GM Connected together and still play vs. Cpu. And it doesn't even require 30 human GM's, this could be fun with only few GM's if everybody is fine with playing vs. Cpu.

My own sliders are pretty close to Savoie's so it wouldn't make any difference to me to play with Savoie's set. Would anyone be interested in this kind of "GM Connected SimStyle vs Cpu" league? (i want Ducks or Habs :P)

edit: Well it seems like everybody is able to play their own GM Connected games with their own Current sliders so in games vs. Cpu every member have to be trusted that they dont edit the sliders mid-game. I created a league to test would the games start with my own sliders when I put settings for leagues as "current". All sliders were as I adjusted them in main menu. Then I went back to main menu and adjusted again and rejoined GM Connected and started a game and sliders were changed to what I have in main menu...

Pretty stupid that settings aren't locked. But it is possible to play with custom sliders.

edit 2: actually games do start with League's settings but they just are not locked. They can be adjusted from pause menu in-game.

Last edited by Taku; 10-07-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku
I'm thinking about creating a GM Connected league with custom sliders, I came up with an idea which could be fun:

All human GM's would enable games vs. Cpu for their own games. When you have human vs human team games on schedule you would be allowed to play vs. Cpu but only HOME games. Other option would be play human vs. human if you can just make that game happen.

So instead of everyone of us playing our own Be a GM's we could play GM Connected together and still play vs. Cpu. And it doesn't even require 30 human GM's, this could be fun with only few GM's if everybody is fine with playing vs. Cpu.

My own sliders are pretty close to Savoie's so it wouldn't make any difference to me to play with Savoie's set. Would anyone be interested in this kind of "GM Connected SimStyle vs Cpu" league? (i want Ducks or Habs :P)

edit: Well it seems like everybody is able to play their own GM Connected games with their own Current sliders so in games vs. Cpu every member have to be trusted that they dont edit the sliders mid-game. I created a league to test would the games start with my own sliders when I put settings for leagues as "current". All sliders were as I adjusted them in main menu. Then I went back to main menu and adjusted again and rejoined GM Connected and started a game and sliders were changed to what I have in main menu...

Pretty stupid that settings aren't locked. But it is possible to play with custom sliders.

edit 2: actually games do start with League's settings but they just are not locked. They can be adjusted from pause menu in-game.
sounds interesting man! I would be interested if you started a league like this!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #51
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku

Here's my question, can you enable a saved custom AI for the Cpu teams in GM Connected?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #52
Pro

Taku's Arena

GM can put custom AI for his own team. So if you play against my team you should be playing against custom AI made by me.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:54 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 4

Iml very interesting too !!!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:19 AM   #54
Just started!

OVR: 0

I may think about joining.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:57 AM   #55
Pro

Taku's Arena

Well after tinkering with settings in GM Connected I realized that settings and sliders can all be adjusted by anyone in the league from in game settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #56
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Just to put up some stats with these new sliders and give a global portrait for everyone.

Settings :
Play Now -
Savoie Sliders - 8 Team League (with best NHL Players)
Controlling every player on the ice on my side, switching from one game at home, then visitors, etc.
# of games played : 6

Numbers :
Record : 1-4-1
Total Goal Scored : Home : 18 Road : 11 Total : 29
Avg. Goal Scored : Home : 3.00 Road : 1.83
Total Shots : 313
Avg. Shot Total per game : 52.17

Note : If you take out the 8-3 game (first one, all the games except a 3-3 tie ended 2-1) then the average are going down a bit. The 3-3 tie was a 2-0 lead that evaporate for me but I pull the goalie and scored with 30 seconds to play in the game.

All in all, the games are tight, the pace is incredible. I have problems scoring goals, but I'm facing good goalies (with good players on my side too). Don't plan on changing anything. Thanks for the good work Savoie, you sliders been just the answer for me since day 1. :-)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »