Home

Savoie Style: NHL 13

This is a discussion on Savoie Style: NHL 13 within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Savoie Style: NHL 13

I was wondering myself about the acceleration and I really believe it is because the second the CPU moves it is pushing the L3 button for quick burst. This could be why they get that great "jump". Evening out at 1-0 accel. may be the way to combat this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 01:54 AM   #66
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
I've tried it at 1/0 and it was perfect to my liking. Got burned by Gaborik and Datsuyk on Seidenberg and Weber, and that was normal. On the other way around, Kessel and Giroux we're just quicker than Johnson and Green, but we're having fun on Pronger and Byfuglien.

Will test it more in next few games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
I was wondering myself about the acceleration and I really believe it is because the second the CPU moves it is pushing the L3 button for quick burst. This could be why they get that great "jump". Evening out at 1-0 accel. may be the way to combat this.
i tried doing the accel. +2/+1 and +1/0 with 2 games each. i've decided on +1/0. @+2/+1 the game seems quicker which is not my taste. im happy with savoei and with +1/0 the CPU seems doesnt have that advantage. both are experiencing that slow push at the start.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #67
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
i tried doing the accel. +2/+1 and +1/0 with 2 games each. i've decided on +1/0. @+2/+1 the game seems quicker which is not my taste. im happy with savoei and with +1/0 the CPU seems doesnt have that advantage. both are experiencing that slow push at the start.
Played 2 more games last night with 1/0 acceleration. Won both, 4-3 and 4-1. Seems like I had an edge in the second, the CPU was never really in it, I played a sound one.

Acceleration wise, it was ok, although I had the impression I had more edge than when I played on the road. Will have to test it furthermore to see if I was just having a great game or it's a common thing.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Fbeaule... Sounds like you might want to raise CPU Difficulty Adjustment to 1 or 2 (maybe 3).

I LOVE these sliders!!!

Only changes I made:

- used the acceleration for user at 1 / cpu at 0 (might try 2 and 1 - not sure)
- turned manual passing to ON
- lowered hitting power to 3 - I feel this plays MUCH better

Now, I stayed up until 5:30 am playing (and I had to be up at 7:30 am - so, yeah, I'm dragging to day). But I could NOT put this game down!!! When I lowered the hitting power to 3 (down from 4) I had SIX POWERPLAY opportunities. In a game prior I had 2 and the cpu had 5. So with these sliders, and the new 1.04 tuner - this game is SOLID!!! Perfect? No, but no game is... But these are outstanding!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #69
MVP

canucksss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Fbeaule... Sounds like you might want to raise CPU Difficulty Adjustment to 1 or 2 (maybe 3).

I LOVE these sliders!!!

Only changes I made:

- used the acceleration for user at 1 / cpu at 0 (might try 2 and 1 - not sure)
- turned manual passing to ON
- lowered hitting power to 3 - I feel this plays MUCH better

Now, I stayed up until 5:30 am playing (and I had to be up at 7:30 am - so, yeah, I'm dragging to day). But I could NOT put this game down!!! When I lowered the hitting power to 3 (down from 4) I had SIX POWERPLAY opportunities. In a game prior I had 2 and the cpu had 5. So with these sliders, and the new 1.04 tuner - this game is SOLID!!! Perfect? No, but no game is... But these are outstanding!!!
agree on your suggestion to FBeaule - increase the CPU difficulty adjustments because im 0-2 with +1/0 accel. and CPU diff. adj at 0.

thanks for the suggestion MK...i'll try later to put down the hitting power to 3. perhaps this is the answer to why there are some hits that are not called as penalties.

and i have to agree with your assessment of NHL 13, SOLID with the addition of 1.04 and this slider, for me its worth the money. after a disappointing NHL 12, what a relief this is
Old 10-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #70
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

@ MKHarsh I should have said that I was 1-6-1 in previous games and since turning the ACC 1/0, I won both games. That's why I wasn't ready to turn up the difficulty level just yet, but 1 or 2 games in my favor and I'll just do that.

This game as so much to offer, and this year, I've come to the conclusion that you can't fight the obvious. If the AI is unable to give you a good game, just control every player on the ice. I've seen piece of magic between Ovechkin, Kessell and Toews on the ice that I was just going crazy watching the replays. Same thing with defensive plays where I adjust to the AI on the other side before swapping players, that way, you can play the opposition better. With these sliders, I really enjoy the game and there's no sim problems, line change problem, etc. It's more work compiling stats manually, but overall, the games are just electric to play.

The only downside with NHL 13 is again to see greatness and lazyness going hand to hand. I was just watching a goal replay and the camera angle was showing the scoreboard changing when the puck crossed the line, as long the shot total. I was simply shaking my head that NHL Team took the time to get that in. On the other way around, you have to shake your head too seeing, when guys gets on the ice, players with stick on the wrong side (a righty handing the stick like a lefty) when it's been in the game for 2 or 3 years. It just baffles me.

Yet, NHL 13, with some tweaking is a great improvement on NHL 12. :-)
Old 10-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #71
MVP

canucksss's Arena

ok i tried your suggestion MK decreasing the hitting power. and yes you're correct more penalties was called on both sides. just played 1 game though but i saw 4 pens called vs CPU and 6 vs me. the # of hitting remains the same so its good.

i think i'll be playing 3-4 seasons of BaGM with these sliders, adjustments and 1.04. i dont mind at all if we dont have NHL season this year. ^%#@ greed PLUS BETMAN... even since he came to power how many times that season got interrupted? time to replace that bastard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #72
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

is the first page updated with the most latest changes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »