Home

Savoie Style: NHL 13

This is a discussion on Savoie Style: NHL 13 within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #57
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Savoie Style: NHL 13

i know its not your sliders but is there a way wherein we could increase the penalties being called in the game? i am now 2-5-2 (playing as Columbus) and some of the penalties are not being called against CPU (interference, roughing etc). im averaging 4-6 pens and cpu is 2-4 per game. at least there are penalties being called which im very grateful to EA for releasing the 1.04 patch. any suggestions?

also, i noticed that when you try to hit players it seems that the hit has no effect. i know balance and other factors play in this situation. but at times my players are hit and at times should be called but no call.

beside from these semi-frustration, i really love the challenge. THANKS SO MUCH for your sliders
Old 10-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #58
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
i know its not your sliders but is there a way wherein we could increase the penalties being called in the game? i am now 2-5-2 (playing as Columbus) and some of the penalties are not being called against CPU (interference, roughing etc). im averaging 4-6 pens and cpu is 2-4 per game. at least there are penalties being called which im very grateful to EA for releasing the 1.04 patch. any suggestions?

also, i noticed that when you try to hit players it seems that the hit has no effect. i know balance and other factors play in this situation. but at times my players are hit and at times should be called but no call.

beside from these semi-frustration, i really love the challenge. THANKS SO MUCH for your sliders
To add on the penalties, I will add that I barely need to kill someone to get call for interference or roughing while the CPU gets most of them. On the other side, I'm almost the only one (meaning when I'm controlling a guy) to get tripping calls. The only penalties who are spread even are the boarding or checking from behind.

The other thing I would mention, and I don't know if I'm the only one, but I notice that my guys are more slower to react than the CPU. Let's say there's a turnover in center ice and I'm already controlling the RD, it will take my guy a just enough to get on gear while the CPU will drive like crazy and get first to the puck. It's something that annoys me because it's not like I'm getting flat footed (which I understand) or on a dump in. It's a turnover, the CPU didn't know like me the puck would be turnaround, so we should be even skating wise.

When I'm playing as Dan Boyle and I get burn by a guy like Rene Bourque, I'm questionning myself. It's not like Ovechkin is driving by with me as Chara. :-)
Old 10-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #59
MVP

canucksss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04

The other thing I would mention, and I don't know if I'm the only one, but I notice that my guys are more slower to react than the CPU. Let's say there's a turnover in center ice and I'm already controlling the RD, it will take my guy a just enough to get on gear while the CPU will drive like crazy and get first to the puck. It's something that annoys me because it's not like I'm getting flat footed (which I understand) or on a dump in. It's a turnover, the CPU didn't know like me the puck would be turnaround, so we should be even skating wise.
yes...this also is my observation. i havent tried it but could this be "cured" by increasing the acceleration by giving +2 to human while maintaining the CPU at +1? or perhaps reduce the CPU to "0" and maintain human to +1?

Last edited by canucksss; 10-08-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #60
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

I created a league to GM Connected called "Dump n Chase League" for xbox360. League is set to All-star / Current. Stupid part is that sliders and settings cannot be locked in GM Connected, what "server" does is it only locks Difficulty level and period length. All settings and sliders are freely adjusted in-game from pause menu.

Now I dont really care if someone wants to play with easier settings but atleast it can be played with custom sliders. Put your sliders to Savoie's style in Main menu and join server, your settings should be ok when you start a game.

Other thing what I thought is that we could also play as one franchise vs. whole Cpu league. Like Coop league with custom sliders, that could be fun too... We could argue at forums about what should we do with our 7th round pick of 2015 nhl draft and who's the next goalie etc.

edit: and sorry for hijacking this thread, gotta make a topic to online forum if there's people joining...

Last edited by Taku; 10-08-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: XBOX360
Old 10-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #61
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
yes...this also is my observation. i havent tried it but could this be "cured" by increasing the acceleration by giving +2 to human while maintaining the CPU at +1?
I'm going to try this shortly because I have noticed the same thing

PSN: hoos4974
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #62
MVP

canucksss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
I'm going to try this shortly because I have noticed the same thing
i just edited my statement. kindly try making CPU to 0 and maintain the human accel. to +1.

when i adjusted to +2 Human acc. and CPU maintained at +1, i still see it but so minimal. i dont "outskate" the cpu which is a good thing. i only played 1 game though need to play more and see if its okay to have the Player accel. at +2 for human and +1 for CPU.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #63
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
i just edited my statement. kindly try making CPU to 0 and maintain the human accel. to +1.

when i adjusted to +2 Human acc. and CPU maintained at +1, i still see it but so minimal. i dont "outskate" the cpu which is a good thing. i only played 1 game though need to play more and see if its okay to have the Player accel. at +2 for human and +1 for CPU.
I've tried it at 1/0 and it was perfect to my liking. Got burned by Gaborik and Datsuyk on Seidenberg and Weber, and that was normal. On the other way around, Kessel and Giroux we're just quicker than Johnson and Green, but we're having fun on Pronger and Byfuglien.

Will test it more in next few games.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Appreciate the work and feedback / testing done on these. Will plug in the numbers once this latest acceleration concept has been finalized. I haven't played this game lately, but the earlier version was outstanding. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »