Home

AlTito's NHL 16 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 16 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2015, 10:44 PM   #65
Rookie

Markymrk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AlTito's NHL 16 Sliders

Glad its just not me that has noticed the game is worse than couple weeks back.
I was totally OCDing over it,thinking I was nuts.
Al, one question. When I delete current profile and start up game as if it were the first time again how do I stop the auto tuner updates ? Do I Get into menu and take it off "latest?" And just make sure its the 1.00 tuner?
I know you mentioned play offline but does that mean stay off the EA servers?
Or is online when we update rosters play other opponets etc?
When disc or game is fired up doesnt it automatically connect to EA servers?
Thx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2015, 07:42 AM   #66
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

When deleting your NHL profile, you will loose everything. After that, you won't have any tuner, so you can let the version to latest and play with the game like it was out of the box. To download tuners, you have to start an online game and it will download automatically, so be sure to not start one if you don't want them. If you avoid that, you won't have any tuner downloaded.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 10-11-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:38 AM   #67
Rookie

Markymrk's Arena

Thx Al.
So I take it I should stay away from downloading updated rosters as well, before I start an offline season? As that would entail going online and probably getting an unwanted tuner update to? Is that correct?
Thanks
Old 10-11-2015, 12:03 PM   #68
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

I don't think that downloading rosters will get you the tuners. I'm pretty sure that if you don't start an online game and go to the choose teams screen, you will be ok.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:52 AM   #69
Just started!

Great sliders, Thanks AlTito! The only thing that bothers me is that i still see stuttering on the game speed 1 setting, it doesn't appear to be continuous but shows up enough to be annoying. Anyone else seeing this?
Old 10-16-2015, 02:40 PM   #70
Rookie

FatPenguin's Arena

I am having trouble in adjusting the AI in the game... Can you please explain me what is the essential difference between AI learning and CPU difficulty adjustment?
Old 10-16-2015, 03:44 PM   #71
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jecster
Great sliders, Thanks AlTito! The only thing that bothers me is that i still see stuttering on the game speed 1 setting, it doesn't appear to be continuous but shows up enough to be annoying. Anyone else seeing this?
I don't see this problem since the last game update (patch). Did you download it? I personally have the patches installed, but I deleted all tuners, because I find the gameplay way better without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPenguin
I am having trouble in adjusting the AI in the game... Can you please explain me what is the essential difference between AI learning and CPU difficulty adjustment?
AI Learning is the ability from the AI to learn how you play offensively and defensively, so it can adjust. With this slider at max, you should not be able to do the same move again and again, while still getting rewarded.

CPU difficulty adjustment is a boost the AI gets in all area, which means skating, shooting, passing, hitting, goaltending, etc. If the game is too easy for you, it's a good idea to increase it. However, since it’s a bit of a AI cheat slider, I think starting with it at 0 is the way to go. Then, if you find it too easy after some games, try increasing it by one click at a time. Be sure to try it for at least a few games every time before increasing this slider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2015, 06:20 AM   #72
Rookie

FatPenguin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
AI Learning is the ability from the AI to learn how you play offensively and defensively, so it can adjust. With this slider at max, you should not be able to do the same move again and again, while still getting rewarded.
Does that mean that the CPU will ALWAYS adjust to the same moves i do or MOST OF THE TIME?

It seems to me that with that slider set to max, there is no need to touch the CPU difficulty adjustment at all while playing on superstar level...

Last edited by FatPenguin; 10-18-2015 at 06:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »