Home

Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed...

This is a discussion on Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed... within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2015, 09:21 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed...

I plugged these onto my GM mode, mate. Played Bruins/Habs. All I can say is......wow. You literally saved NHL 16 for me. The play is so chippy, and you feel.........rewarded when you're able to set up a play and net a good one. I did up the Game Speed slider a tad, at 0 it feels super sluggish. But everything else to me is top notch. Fantastic work!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2015, 12:17 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady2Moss81
I plugged these onto my GM mode, mate. Played Bruins/Habs. All I can say is......wow. You literally saved NHL 16 for me. The play is so chippy, and you feel.........rewarded when you're able to set up a play and net a good one. I did up the Game Speed slider a tad, at 0 it feels super sluggish. But everything else to me is top notch. Fantastic work!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
No worries, glad that someone else finds the tweaks helpful! And I know, it does feel rewarding for a change, instead of scripted. Sometimes I felt like I scored a goal because it was ' my turn' , or something like that! Now, I can actually pull off a one timer and feel like it was me that had an impact. When I lose, it is usually because I messed up, but I can actually defend the other end without feeling helpless at times. Now if EA can just get that figured out without us having to cheat the sliders somehow...

Have fun!
Old 11-11-2015, 05:08 AM   #11
Rookie

pm83's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknapple
Thanks Fiddy! I knew I couldn't be the ONLY one who has played around with that setting, it just seemed that most of the other slider sets had the attribute setting higher, and even I was reluctant at first to bring it down because of what I THOUGHT it was supposed to do. I don't think I will ever know exactly what they all affect, but the settings I have now at least keep me from throwing my disc across the room, LOL! Maybe someday, together we can all find a cure for slideritis.....
I haven't touched that slider on my slider tweaking earlier because I wanted to live that illusion where players would have some seperation. But like you said there isn't any seperation no matter how many clicks you choose to use. I've been using 3 and 5 and smaller seemed more fair. So I'm not suprised anymore if 0 feels more equal.

If I have time today I will try your sliders. Hope to find a set or a base to build on so I could enjoy this game again. I already did but like said, new patch ruined it all. Thanks for the effort!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2015, 08:21 AM   #12
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Ok. I am going to try these 1 more time before I decide to stick with my own for good. I am going to lengthen the periods and lower the shot accuracy and one timer accuracy to 0/0 though. Anything higher than that and you have 3rd and 4th liners scoring like they are Pat Kane
Old 11-11-2015, 08:57 AM   #13
Rookie

Gbpackerowner's Arena

OVR: 0

I tried them again with a few minor tweaks.
Shot accuracy at 0. Passing accuracy at 0. And game speed at 1.

Things are looking good so far... Nice and chippy but without the bouncing puck!

Thumbs up!
Old 11-11-2015, 10:33 AM   #14
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Is there any chance you could post some stats? How do you like shot and one timer accuracy at 0/0? Did you lengthen the periods due to shot accuracy change? Are you playing Play Now, Season or GM? Sorry for all the questions. I just don't want to give up on this game. Madden is so solid this year that it might just take over my playing time if I can't get this where I want it.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:21 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Is there any chance you could post some stats? How do you like shot and one timer accuracy at 0/0? Did you lengthen the periods due to shot accuracy change? Are you playing Play Now, Season or GM? Sorry for all the questions. I just don't want to give up on this game. Madden is so solid this year that it might just take over my playing time if I can't get this where I want it.
Sure, northmen, I will try and get a couple games in later today, and post what I get. Although, like I said in my OP, DISCLAIMER: I am NO stat-Head! LOL! I have not really been obsessing about shot totals, hit totals, and such, but the one stat that seems to bug me the most is the passing percentages, and with these settings it is the first time I have been able to keep the CPU under 80, which is good enough for me! All my games are in Be A GM, and my period lengths stay at 5min, which in NHL 16 feels more like 10 because of the way EA has their time scaling. I do have the penalty scaling up at 4 for both sliders, so the more penalties there are, the longer the periods become. I will post some other numbers for you later to compare, cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm83
I haven't touched that slider on my slider tweaking earlier because I wanted to live that illusion where players would have some seperation. But like you said there isn't any seperation no matter how many clicks you choose to use. I've been using 3 and 5 and smaller seemed more fair. So I'm not suprised anymore if 0 feels more equal.

If I have time today I will try your sliders. Hope to find a set or a base to build on so I could enjoy this game again. I already did but like said, new patch ruined it all. Thanks for the effort!
You are most welcome, pm, but I don't know about it being effort, so much as blind/dumb luck, and desperation trying to find a way to salvage the game! Let me know how you find it! And even though I am not seeing much player separation, I am somehow finding that different teams will be more aggressive than others, which gives a little variety as well, let me know what you see there too!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »