Home

Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19

This is a discussion on Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19 within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2019, 03:52 PM   #129
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
Question about human defensive play:

What yields great success; sticking with one player to control or constantly switching to the defender that is closest to the puck?

I know using Armor's sliders in Madden, it worked much better just controlling one guy and letting the cpu control my "teammates".

Thoughts?

Dowie
While defending, I would stick to one player, as much as possible. The action moves so fast, if you're constantly switching, you end up making bad positioning decisions or pulling guys the wrong way & opening up lanes for the CPU to exploit.

When you're focused on one player, don't pay attention to the puck movement. Pay attention to the angles you want to cut off with your stick, the zone your body should provide an obstacle for, the CPU man nearest to you.

And remember, don't play man-to-man too much. If you simply chase one guy, it creates a gap in coverage. That could lead to a domino effect of your teammate covering your zone & leaving his open, etc.

Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19 (Updated March 16, 2019)

Jai's PRO PLUS Sliders for NHL 18
Old 03-04-2019, 06:31 PM   #130
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibubwan
While defending, I would stick to one player, as much as possible. The action moves so fast, if you're constantly switching, you end up making bad positioning decisions or pulling guys the wrong way & opening up lanes for the CPU to exploit.

When you're focused on one player, don't pay attention to the puck movement. Pay attention to the angles you want to cut off with your stick, the zone your body should provide an obstacle for, the CPU man nearest to you.

And remember, don't play man-to-man too much. If you simply chase one guy, it creates a gap in coverage. That could lead to a domino effect of your teammate covering your zone & leaving his open, etc.
Great - thanks for the feedback!
Old 03-04-2019, 06:43 PM   #131
MVP

dowie's Arena

Skill Stick?

I assume most players use this method to play. Can you even compete against the cpu using hybrid or NHL 94 options?

I haven't played this game in a decade and I am really struggling getting my muscle memory down using the skill stick option.

Any advice for a "newbie" to either get up to speed faster with skill stick or should I use one of the other controller options?

Thanks,
Dowie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2019, 06:50 PM   #132
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
Skill Stick?

I assume most players use this method to play. Can you even compete against the cpu using hybrid or NHL 94 options?

I haven't played this game in a decade and I am really struggling getting my muscle memory down using the skill stick option.

Any advice for a "newbie" to either get up to speed faster with skill stick or should I use one of the other controller options?

Thanks,
Dowie
I was just like you a few years ago. I picked up the game and HATED the skill stick. But if I didn't learn it, I wouldn't be able to extra stuff like line/strategy changes.

I'd recommend going to the training camp mode. Focus on the basics though. Like I'm playing this game for 3 years...and still can't get the hang of advanced dekes.

Then play games on a lower difficulty (like semi pro). Less intense competition & you'll be able to make mistakes without being punished each time.

It's just habit. When you play with skill stick routinely, it'll just become second nature.

Old 03-04-2019, 07:00 PM   #133
MVP

dowie's Arena

Icon14 Re: Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibubwan
I was just like you a few years ago. I picked up the game and HATED the skill stick. But if I didn't learn it, I wouldn't be able to extra stuff like line/strategy changes.

I'd recommend going to the training camp mode. Focus on the basics though. Like I'm playing this game for 3 years...and still can't get the hang of advanced dekes.

Then play games on a lower difficulty (like semi pro). Less intense competition & you'll be able to make mistakes without being punished each time.

It's just habit. When you play with skill stick routinely, it'll just become second nature.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:13 PM   #134
Pro

I looked at your sliders a while back and now I want to set them up but they dont come up when you click on them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-05-2019, 02:21 PM   #135
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcas007
I looked at your sliders a while back and now I want to set them up but they dont come up when you click on them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
What browser & OS are you using? The settings appear as a single image, in the first post of this topic.

I just checked and it still appears. Maybe you have some ad or image blocker preventing you from seeing it?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2019, 02:50 PM   #136
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

It worked for me before in OS APP, but now does not work. Could you add as a attachment maybe, so could download and try opening. Just get black screen when clicking on it now.

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown

Madden 19 - Falcons year 2
(Mizzourah setup)
FIFA 19 - (my own brew)
Show 18 - Braves year 2
(default AS quick counts)
NHL 19 - Panthers year 1
(Jay Ironhooks pro star)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »