Home

TNK NHL 20 SLIDERS

This is a discussion on TNK NHL 20 SLIDERS within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2019, 03:05 AM   #17
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TNK NHL 20 SLIDERS

I like the sliders but I had to make a couple changes for my own taste. I had to bump up the passing speed because it was agonizingly slow for me. I was getting really frustrated with the passes just trickling around.

I also had to bump the game speed up to 6. I've always played the game at full speed and I feel that it represents the speed of the game better when it's maxed out.

Those are the only things I have changed because I have only played a couple games on the sliders.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:37 PM   #18
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
I like the sliders but I had to make a couple changes for my own taste. I had to bump up the passing speed because it was agonizingly slow for me. I was getting really frustrated with the passes just trickling around.

I also had to bump the game speed up to 6. I've always played the game at full speed and I feel that it represents the speed of the game better when it's maxed out.

Those are the only things I have changed because I have only played a couple games on the sliders.
Thanks for trying them and glad you like them.

Different strokes for different folks I guess regarding the speed. I always tend to find myself slowing it down a bit every year as opposed to speeding it up. It's a little too frantic on the higher speeds for my taste.

I also like to play longer periods which produces more shifts/line changes for a little more realism. To me, playing faster speeds and having to go down to 7 or 8 min periods limits the amount of times each player touches the ice to the point that it takes away some of the sim aspect
Old 09-29-2019, 12:28 AM   #19
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM

I also like to play longer periods which produces more shifts/line changes for a little more realism. To me, playing faster speeds and having to go down to 7 or 8 min periods limits the amount of times each player touches the ice to the point that it takes away some of the sim aspect
Great point.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:30 AM   #20
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Franchise Testing

Game #8 of Season
Boston Bruins (3-1-3) @ Toronto Maple Leafs (4-3-1)

The Bruins are in Toronto for the first meeting between the Bruins and Maple Leafs since Boston eliminated Toronto in Game 7 of the 1st round of last seasons Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Leafs will be without goalie Frederik Andersen who is injured and Toronto will have Michael Neuvirth in net against Tuukka Rask who gets the start for Boston.

1st Period - The Maple Leafs got off to a quick start on the games opening shift as Rask stopped a shot from Morgan Reilly but William Nylander would bat the rebound out of mid air into the net for a goal to put Toronto up 1-0 just 44 seconds into the game. Boston came right back less than 2 minutes later when Jake Debrusk used his speed to get around Tyson Barrie and found Karson Kuhlman streaking to the far post for a goal to tie the score 1-1 just 2:11 into the game. Play would settle down after the early goals by each team and Toronto would carry play for much of the period but the score remained 1-1. Boston would go on the PP with 32 seconds left in the period with Zach Hyman going to the box for hooking and the period would come to an end with the score tied 1-1 and the Maple Leafs out-shooting the Bruins 13-7

2nd Period - The Bruins began the 2nd period with 1:28 of PP time but Toronto would kill it off and return to even strength. brad Marchand went off for hooking with 14:22 to play in the period giving the Maple Leafs a PP opportunity but they were unable to generate a single shot on the man advantage as the Boston PK unit did a great job. The Maple Leafs would score midway through the period when Auston Matthews saucered the puck towards the net from along the along wall into a crowd and it would find its way to Kasperi Kapanen who slid it past Rask who had no chance on the play giving Toronto a 2-1 lead with 10:57 left in the period. Toronto almost extended their lead a minute later when Rask denied Mitch Marner on an odd man rush and was able to keep the puck out on the rebound as the puck landed between Rask legs and he was able to squeeze his pads together along the goal line to get a faceoff. Karson Kuhlman was injured on an enormous hit from Morgan Reilly that left Kuhlman down on the ice and he would need to be helped back to the dressing room with under 7:00 to play in the period. The Bruins would pay for some sloppy play in their own end as Torey Krug turned the puck over behind his own net which allowed Nylander to gather the loose puck and score on a wraparound for his 2nd goal of the game to give the Maple Leafs a 3-1 lead with 2:59 remaining in the period. The 2nd period would conclude with Toronto leading 3-1 and holding a 26-16 edge in shots

3rd Period - The Bruins have been thoroughly outplayed through 2 periods and find themselves trailing 3-1 and in need of a big effort in the 3rd period. Zdeno Chara tried to wake his team up by dropping the gloves and pummeling Luca Sbisa with 16:00 to play and the Bruins seemed to get a spark from seeing their captain fight as they responded just over 2 minutes later when David Krejci found Jake Debrusk who beat Neuvirth with a wrsit shot to cut the deficit to 3-2 with 13:53 remaining. The Bruins comeback hopes were dealt a blow as Brad Marchand went down the tunnel with some sort of injury with just over 10:00 remaining and Boston now had just ten forwards for the remainder of the game. The Bruins were continuing to push to try and tie the score and they would get a chance on the PP trailing 3-2 with Tavares going to the box for slashing with 4:13 left to play in regulation. The Bruins would set up on the PP and had some good looks but were unable to cash in and the Leafs would get back to even strength with 2:13 remaining. Boston would get Rask to the bench for the extra attacker with just over 1:00 left but Toronto would put the game away on an empty net goal by Marner to finish off a 4-2 win for Toronto.

* The Bruins suffer a tough loss 4-2 in Toronto after a big comeback attempt in the 3rd period

* Boston lost Brad Marchand and Karson Kuhlman to injury in the game

* Tuukka Rask allowed 3 goals on 36 shots as he was solid in the Boston net

* Karson Kuhlman and Jake Debrusk scored the goals for the Bruins

Boston Bruins at Toronto Maple Leafs
Oct 19, 2019123F
BOS (3-2-3)1012
TOR (5-3-1)1214
Three Stars
William Nylander (TOR)
2 Goals & 1 Assist
Michael Neuvirth (TOR)
35 Saves
Jake Debrusk (BOS)
1 Goal & 1 Assist
Team Stats Comparison
BOSTOR
Shots on Goal3737
Hits2624
Faceoffs Won-Lost19-2424-19
Penalty Minutes11:009:00
Power Plays Converted00
Power Play Opportunities23
Time on Attack7:236:48
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
TORWilliam Nylander (4) (Reilly, Tavares) 0:44
BOSKarson Kuhlman (2) (Debrusk, Krejci) 2:11
SECOND PERIOD
TORKasperi Kapanen (2) (Shore, Matthews) 9:03
TORWilliam Nylander (5) (unassisted) 17:01
THIRD PERIOD
BOSJake Debrusk (2) (Krejci, Krug) 6:07
TORMitch Marner (6) (Nylander) (EN) 19:25
Boston Bruins - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Tuukka Rask363392%3.04
Toronto Maple Leafs - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Michael Neuvirth373595%2.00
Old 09-29-2019, 12:35 AM   #21
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

I think I'm done with this test franchise....sliders are producing the kind of games I want and I don't want to keep plugging through 20 games of a franchise I'm going to delete

I'm waiting for the next roster update and hoping they will release a patch in the next week or two. In the past, they have done patches that include some new goalie gear.

I want to start my official franchise with some of the rookies who aren't on the initial NHL rosters and some of the AHL players who are still on canadian junior rosters in the game. The alternative is to look up rosters on the internet and make a million player movements to the AHL teams from junior....not sure I feel like doing that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2019, 07:57 PM   #22
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

Quote:
I think I'm done with this test franchise....sliders are producing the kind of games I want and I don't want to keep plugging through 20 games of a franchise I'm going to delete

I'm waiting for the next roster update and hoping they will release a patch in the next week or two. In the past, they have done patches that include some new goalie gear.

I want to start my official franchise with some of the rookies who aren't on the initial NHL rosters and some of the AHL players who are still on canadian junior rosters in the game. The alternative is to look up rosters on the internet and make a million player movements to the AHL teams from junior....not sure I feel like doing that
I like your game write ups. I played a couple more games with the sliders and I stand by what I said earlier about enjoying them. The game seems more consistent and not so video gameish (if that's a word). I haven't bumped up the period time yet as I am still kind of getting a feel for the game offline. I've been mainly playing EASHL the last couple years because playing a season or franchise was so frustrating. This is the first year I have tried sliders and I don't regret the decision at all. It feels like when I used to play the game for hours in the 90's before I ever got online. Now if I could just get past the arthritis in my hands, I'd be golden. lol Getting old sucks!
Old 09-30-2019, 09:25 PM   #23
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
I like your game write ups. I played a couple more games with the sliders and I stand by what I said earlier about enjoying them. The game seems more consistent and not so video gameish (if that's a word). I haven't bumped up the period time yet as I am still kind of getting a feel for the game offline. I've been mainly playing EASHL the last couple years because playing a season or franchise was so frustrating. This is the first year I have tried sliders and I don't regret the decision at all. It feels like when I used to play the game for hours in the 90's before I ever got online. Now if I could just get past the arthritis in my hands, I'd be golden. lol Getting old sucks!
I never play online.....for me, nothing beats playing a franchise with a damn good set of sliders (for all sports games).

My advice would be try a few games at longer periods with every slider exactly as I have it in post #1 and see how it goes
Old 10-04-2019, 12:24 PM   #24
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I never play online.....for me, nothing beats playing a franchise with a damn good set of sliders (for all sports games).

My advice would be try a few games at longer periods with every slider exactly as I have it in post #1 and see how it goes
Couldn't agree more. Glad to hear it's playing a good game. I'll pick this up in a few days and plug in your sliders, as I do every year. Looking forward to the updated rosters!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »