Home

Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2019, 08:08 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Anyone try CPU Strat adjustment at 3? Wondering if that will help with the CPU issue now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 07:12 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Anyone try CPU Strat adjustment at 3? Wondering if that will help with the CPU issue now.
I have fiddled with it and it does effect, but effect isnt so dramatic. Put user strategy adjustment to the same as cpu to see how it works.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:58 AM   #83
MVP

OVR: 16

I put CPU strat at 3 and it does help a bit. Something must have changed with the Oct 1st content update. Because the CPU was relentless.

Couple changes I've been tinkering with...

I put HUM tripping to 10 and left CPU at 20. Seems every time I use the poke check, a guy gets tripped.

I also lowered the HUM Penalties to 40 and left CPU at 50. It feels like I'm the only team getting penalties . Now, this could be a weird coincidence, but soon as I made that change, I was awarded 2 power plays in the 1st. It usually takes 3 periods before I can even get 2 power plays in this game. Not sure what, if any, changes were affected. But I definitely started seeing more power plays.

Also, might have to mess with the puck reception. If my guy is skating in and receives a pass, there is a high change the puck ricochets off his stick and usually goes the distance of the ice. They can't seem to retain the puck very well.

UPDATE: I decided to use the above setting tweaks and play against Team Japan using the Central All Stars. I actually had 4 power plays. Not sure if that little setting change did it, but I'll have to play more obviously. However, that is more than I've had in 3 games.

Also, not sure what's going on, but this is the first time in years that I've played Team Japan where I literally destroyed them 19-0 with 86 SOG. In the past, I could reach 12 goals maybe. I held them to 1 SOG and 53s attack time.

It seriously felt like I was playing a bad team. Past times, I would win, but they still put up a fight. So I'm not sure if the latest patch did something like the Oct 1st one did or what. Now to play NHL v NHL and see what happens. And once your roster file drops, should be a good game again!

Last edited by Steven547; 10-26-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:44 PM   #84
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

I haven’t downloaded the new 1.30 patch yet, but I’m wondering if there are any significant gameplay changes that will trigger slider updates with your set?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-01-2019, 12:51 AM   #85
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Cycloniac has all my confidence in sliders ...using his MLB 19 sliders.
I haven’t bought NHL 20 yet I’m a sim guy ..so I have a few questions
Is there a option for a Season mode where I can view cpu vs cpu in broadcast side camera?
I see that we can still create players ...but how much of a existing player is editable?
Can I edit his name?
Also I heard speed of game is very fast..will sliders allow to slow it down ?
Any help will be appreciated I just might buy this game.

Last edited by tuckermaine; 11-01-2019 at 01:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2019, 08:27 AM   #86
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
I haven’t downloaded the new 1.30 patch yet, but I’m wondering if there are any significant gameplay changes that will trigger slider updates with your set?

Just some tinkering to the penalty sliders that I'm working on, everything else seems fine

Old 11-01-2019, 08:30 AM   #87
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
Cycloniac has all my confidence in sliders ...using his MLB 19 sliders.
I haven’t bought NHL 20 yet I’m a sim guy ..so I have a few questions
Is there a option for a Season mode where I can view cpu vs cpu in broadcast side camera?
I see that we can still create players ...but how much of a existing player is editable?
Can I edit his name?
Also I heard speed of game is very fast..will sliders allow to slow it down ?
Any help will be appreciated I just might buy this game.
Yes, you can play CPUvCPU games in season/franchise. When starting a game, hit y/triangle for CPUvCPU game.

You can't edit the names of existing players. You can edit contracts, jersey numbers, facial hair, equipment, player type, fight tendency, attributes and potentials.

Yes, sliders help quite a bit

Old 11-01-2019, 01:10 PM   #88
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Just some tinkering to the penalty sliders that I'm working on, everything else seems fine

When are you expecting to have the updated penalty sliders released? I just downloaded the 1.30 patch as I was on travel for work and didn’t connect my PS4 to the hotel’s WiFi. Looking forward to your update....

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »