Home

NHL 23 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers

This is a discussion on NHL 23 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2022, 06:31 PM   #145
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 23 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer89
NHL 23 is a lot better than ‘22… But yet you enjoyed ‘22 more? Lol especially after playing ‘23 what? 3-4 times..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yup. That’s what I am saying. Was I not clear? This years game just doesn’t feel “fun”. The offensive players literally stand in one spot and never try and get open. At least last year I could move around the zone and get my AI teammates to fill space. This year they just don’t do that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2022, 01:14 AM   #146
Rookie

Vazione's Arena

If you put NHL 22 and 23 on at the same time and can honestly tell a difference, I think you’re lying.

For some reason, I am always really good at NHL lol. One timers still feel completely cheesed to me man and it’s a bummer.
Old 10-16-2022, 08:00 AM   #147
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Yup. That’s what I am saying. Was I not clear? This years game just doesn’t feel “fun”. The offensive players literally stand in one spot and never try and get open. At least last year I could move around the zone and get my AI teammates to fill space. This year they just don’t do that

Sorry to hear that.

Old 10-16-2022, 07:32 PM   #148
MVP

OVR: 2

Is there a certain setting to turn on to get cpu to ask you, push for offense or pull your goalie? It was asking me that at first couple games but I got behind in last couple and it didn’t ask me to push for offense.

Old 10-16-2022, 07:52 PM   #149
MVP

OVR: 2

The prompt that showed who was on what line disappeared for a while but when it came back on , so did push for defense on penalty kill. Is that a bug

Old 10-17-2022, 01:40 AM   #150
MVP

Bought despite what seems like 80% of the “fanbase” saying it’s garbage. Put gamespeed on 1 with no other adjustments and played about three hours; I would say this game has never felt, looked or sounded better and is, strictly in gameplay terms, every bit as good as 2K23 & Madden 23. Hate-boners with fantasies about what they wish the game was like notwithstanding, there has never been a better hockey game in pure gameplay terms imo. (Inb4 hurrr 2K8 hurrrr NHL 94, gimme a break).

Don’t care about the presentation controversy, crowd & audio improvements trump it and the presentation has never been good in this game anyway.

I think if you don’t like what’s happening on the ice here you just don’t like video games anymore, and that’s ok.

8/10 initial impression, because i don’t have a hate-boner for EA sports games like most people.

Prolly gonna be my only post on this topic since this forum is dead and full of haters anyway. Cheers dudes.
Old 10-17-2022, 02:32 AM   #151
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Holy cow. I need to figure out how to get the CPU to do this on a more realistic speed.

Sliders are a bit modified from default allstar full sim, I'm experimenting with pass speeds (both max and min) and the puck speed reception effect - hence the less-than-clean receptions.

Can't really blame Scandella for letting Tanev go at the end - Seattle was heavy on one side of the ice and this was over a minute (on the game clock) of attack zone time. Plus he was probably out there equally as long before this. Gassed - or at least as close as of a representation of it as this game is going to get.

Last edited by bcruise; 10-17-2022 at 02:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2022, 06:40 AM   #152
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Bought despite what seems like 80% of the “fanbase” saying it’s garbage. Put gamespeed on 1 with no other adjustments and played about three hours; I would say this game has never felt, looked or sounded better and is, strictly in gameplay terms, every bit as good as 2K23 & Madden 23. Hate-boners with fantasies about what they wish the game was like notwithstanding, there has never been a better hockey game in pure gameplay terms imo. (Inb4 hurrr 2K8 hurrrr NHL 94, gimme a break).

Don’t care about the presentation controversy, crowd & audio improvements trump it and the presentation has never been good in this game anyway.

I think if you don’t like what’s happening on the ice here you just don’t like video games anymore, and that’s ok.

8/10 initial impression, because i don’t have a hate-boner for EA sports games like most people.

Prolly gonna be my only post on this topic since this forum is dead and full of haters anyway. Cheers dudes.

I agree 100%. The gameplay on the ice is awesome, the best its ever been. The crowd atmosphere is amazing.

As for franchise mode. Its the 2nd best out of the 4 major sports games. I don’t get all the hate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »