Home

NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2014, 09:28 PM   #425
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

i enjoy the game but the constant passing to the net by the cpu is beyond frustrating. especially when there is no stick or player tie up button. its useless and frustrating.

ive even started to to leave the skater with the puck be along the walls. and double team the guy in front. still with two guys on him the puck gets to him at least 75 percent of the time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 02:03 PM   #426
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

OVR: 0

I just got an email survey from EA about NHL 15. When I saw it I was a bit excited, I felt like I was going to be able to express my feelings on the game, and that it may be taken into account somehow, somewhere - it asked me to please participate to help the developers make a better game for me and for others. Well when I got to question 1, how am I enjoying the game, and what would I do to change it, I gave a 2, and outlined a number of concerns, specifically around the AI and lack of modes...I assumed there would be more questions....the only other question was if I would recommend the game to a friend...no other spot for comments...nothing....This "survey" again reinforces to me that EA really does not care one iota about what consumers want in this game. A two question survey? Really? What meaningful data is this going to give them?
Old 09-30-2014, 02:26 PM   #427
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_maclean24
I just got an email survey from EA about NHL 15. When I saw it I was a bit excited, I felt like I was going to be able to express my feelings on the game, and that it may be taken into account somehow, somewhere - it asked me to please participate to help the developers make a better game for me and for others. Well when I got to question 1, how am I enjoying the game, and what would I do to change it, I gave a 2, and outlined a number of concerns, specifically around the AI and lack of modes...I assumed there would be more questions....the only other question was if I would recommend the game to a friend...no other spot for comments...nothing....This "survey" again reinforces to me that EA really does not care one iota about what consumers want in this game. A two question survey? Really? What meaningful data is this going to give them?
It may have cut off further questions depending on how you answered Q1?
I know I had a survey about one of their games once, but after I answered that I didn't own the game (I had only rented it), the survey came to an abrupt end.
So maybe by giving it a '2', they figured this person's not being serious so end the survey?
Old 09-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #428
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
It may have cut off further questions depending on how you answered Q1?
I know I had a survey about one of their games once, but after I answered that I didn't own the game (I had only rented it), the survey came to an abrupt end.
So maybe by giving it a '2', they figured this person's not being serious so end the survey?
I never considered that, but if that is the case, again, they are not going to have any REAL data to consider. It asked me to explain why I gave this answer..I wasn't giving a 0, and they know I own the game. If this is the case, it makes it even more frustrating, as I was answering their question honestly, and IMO I was giving reasonable, respectful feedback
Old 10-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #429
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

After losing 8-0 my last game.. I'm no expert, but I have played 100's of EA NHL games and I'm not sure what happened to make it lopsided for the CPU teams.

I deleted everything off the HD and reinstalled the game and this time I'm going back to simulation settings instead of hardcore (this was my first year using hardcore) and tweak from there upping all penalty sliders max and few other small changes.

The game speed is 4 on default simulation and I just like the fast pace game better than on hardcore and the default 3.

Game is fast paced and for some reason my 43 year old butt does much better with a more CPU assisted game. I'm back to having competitive games and I don't see as many one timer goals from the CPU - that was driving me INSANE!
Old 10-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #430
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Did the update change any goal horns in this game?

I played as the Blues and noticed their horn is different than before the tuner update.

Any one else notice any other horn changes or sound changes?
Old 10-02-2014, 03:27 AM   #431
Rookie

So far I've only heard of the update we recently had and the update coming this month, has there been any announcement of any future updates?

And about season mode. I hear people say "Play GM mode, it's the same thing". I've never tested GM Mode in any NHL, partly because it does not really interest me to work as a GM, I just want to enjoy the thrill of the games and lead my team to the top of the season. So, can I actually play the teams on GM Mode, or is it just being a GM? I tried to watch some youtube videos, but they don't show any games there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 03:41 AM   #432
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthFall
So far I've only heard of the update we recently had and the update coming this month, has there been any announcement of any future updates?

And about season mode. I hear people say "Play GM mode, it's the same thing". I've never tested GM Mode in any NHL, partly because it does not really interest me to work as a GM, I just want to enjoy the thrill of the games and lead my team to the top of the season. So, can I actually play the teams on GM Mode, or is it just being a GM? I tried to watch some youtube videos, but they don't show any games there.
There have been no other announcement for future patches outside of those already mentioned. It is highly unlikely that there would be anything other than those as they will be working on NHL 16.

If you are asking if you play the game of hockey in GM mode, then yes. You play with your hockey team as you would in season mode. But you cannot control multiple teams like you would be able to in season mode. You have no control over anything the cpu teams do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »