Home

How's your Franchise Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's your Franchise Mode Going? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 12:59 PM   #41
Rookie

HailTheSkins's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Franchise Mode Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailTheSkins
Update: tried with Washington instead of created team and same thing happens..
After preseason
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 01:12 PM   #42
Rookie

HailTheSkins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester86
I apologize, as I am new and cannot start a new topic.

Has anyone tried the create a team option? I have, and just wondering if the issues I experienced are the same as others?

When creating a team, you have the option to pick your new team's players from the Free Agent Pool (including your created players if they are not assigned to a team), as well as all the other leagues. You select a player, and it appears on your team's roster.

First issue: When starting a new Franchise and picking substitute team, the team I substituted for is still in the new Franchise.

Second issue: All of the players I selected to build my created team's roster with, are still on their respective team's rosters, including free agents. This creates duplicate players.

Am I missing something here, or is it a major issue that needs patching?

Thank you!
When I substituted buffalo it got rid of the whole team so I don't know what's going on there. As for free agents to avoid this I sign them after starting the season and also any players u want from other teams you need to move to team your substituting and then go to edit custom team and add the player from say buffalo (sub team) to your created roster. Then start franchise. I have no duplicate players this way
Old 09-20-2016, 01:13 PM   #43
Rookie

HailTheSkins's Arena

Quote:
When I substituted buffalo it got rid of the whole team so I don't know what's going on there. As for free agents to avoid this I sign them after starting the season and also any players u want from other teams you need to move to team your substituting and then go to edit custom team and add the player from say buffalo (sub team) to your created roster. Then start franchise. I have no duplicate players this way
I took whole buffalo roster except made a few trades in edit roster screens and then tool the Buffalo roster to my created team after already swapping players from other teams to buffalo's roster if that makes sense haha
Old 09-20-2016, 02:17 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

The Captains/Assistant's bug is odd.
Karlsson was our C and then became an A (which boosted his morale, haha) during a week-long sim. Weird.

I'm dying to go home to play some more. Can't remember the last time I said that about an EA hockey game.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:39 PM   #45
Rookie

Has anyone played a full season yet? And could tell if the faceoff rating bug from last year is still there or is it fixed? Last year no player would ever develop in faceoff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 09:37 PM   #46
Rookie

YakCityGaming's Arena

I pulled my first trade with the Oilers. Hated going within the conference but almost had to with this deal! And the results have been awesome!
Old 09-21-2016, 07:54 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Played the 42nd game in my Sens franchise last night against the Blues (I've only played about 10 or 11 games and simmed the rest).

Tarasenko scores and I'm amazed to see it's his 30th goal of the season.
I love how the updated goal totals are back in this game.
Then on the next face-off, they flash the top 10 goal scorers in the league and show that Ovechkin is the only player ahead of him with 31.

Later in the game, after Neil destroys Bouwmeester in a fight (that leaves him injured - yes!), they show the top PIM leaders and Neil is 4th.

It's that kind of thing that helps make me believe I'm part of a larger world and not just playing 82 separate games.

My only complaint is that they don't keep those stats up their long enough. I only had enough time to take in the first 3 or 4 names on the list.

Lost the game 6-3. I was actually only down 4-3 when guests popped-in and I let my son and his buddy finish the game.
Apparently he spent the rest of the game taking penalites and starting fights, haha.

Bobby Ryan scored 2 goals which helped increase his morale. He was feeling down because of his low offensive production, so that was nice to see.
His first goal was a beaut. Took a pass from Jagr, flew down the right wing and just unleashed a rocket into the top corner. I didn't even try to make a move, do a leg-kick fake, just wound up and fired it home.
His 2nd goal was a great PP goal setup by Turris, I managed to deke around two defenders, and slid the puck to a wide open Ryan for the easy tap-in.

Tarasenko scored another goal as did Scwhartz and Shattenkirk.
Not sure who my son let score, haha.

I'm going with Hammond from now on. Anderson started the game and gave up 3 pretty weak goals.
He's been pretty bad for me all year so it's Hamburgler time!
Old 09-21-2016, 10:52 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Thank you very much! Still ridiculous to be setup this way! Should be able to create team, select roster and the players you select should move from the team to your created team.Instead of them basically copying and pasting from chosen roster to created team's roster.

None the less, I will give your option a try, when I have some time. It is time intensive!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »