Home

How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18

This is a discussion on How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2017, 06:00 AM   #129
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

OVR: 0
How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I play one out of every three games regardless of home or away. I plan to play every single playoff game if and when I reach it there. This team first year...?? I very much doubt it.

Currently the Seattle Wizards are 3-6-1, tied with Vegas and Colorado for worst record in the West. Boston in the East are also 3-6-1 through 10 games.

But there's hope!! The Wizards AHL team, Anchorage Huskies are 9-1 which is best in the league! I need help though. Why isn't my #1 pick in the AHL? I just signed him to a 3yr contract and he's nowhere on my roster. What gives?

Anyways, I don't really know much about the players but the NHL games have always been fun to me. With this created team I am having so much fun with the time invested into both teams. I will play with my AHL team soon to boost my personal morale lol...but seriously, I will play at least one or two AHL games per month and some playoff games.

Now how do I get my #1 pick 19 yr old playing on a roster? Please help!

Nice line up. Nolan Patrick would be playing a year in the CHL (Canadian Hockey League) because of his age.

You should be able to find him in your contracts screen or even go into "propose trade" and in there you will see he will have a CHL logo next to his name instead of the NHL or AHL logo.

You might be able to bring him into your NHL lineup via Roster Moves, however whenever he is sent back down he will always go down to CHL until the following year. (It's also possible that now the regular season has started you might not be able to access him at all until next season)

In my first season I picked Patrick @ no.2, & because he was rated 77 already, I decided to put him straight into my NHL line up for the season and for a large part even played him on the 2nd line to play with some veterans. Moving into my 3rd season he is rated 83, & still on the 2nd line, a little lower in skill than I anticipated but he'll get up there eventually.

Leaving him in the CHL for a year might actually be good his development.

Good luck and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by SeattleBattleCat; 12-17-2017 at 06:16 AM.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #130
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18

Kansas City Vipers are 23-20-4 and are in 8th place in the Western Conference.. but barely. We are still sellers though and still looking to dump some veterans for draft picks.

Next year should be a decent growth for this team!
Old 12-17-2017, 12:25 PM   #131
Rookie

The Kansas City Warriors are off and running in the regular season with a come from behind win against the Vegas Golden Knights. Grubauer was solid in the 3rd and goals from Burakowsky(2) and Jaskin(1) but the Warriors over the top. Had the 3rd overall pick and Patrick fell to me so he is on my 3rd line right now but about to bump him up. Other notable signings in FA period where Shattenkirk(5tr deal), Del Zotto(2yr deal), Burakovsky(rfa-2nd round pick), Dadanov(2yr deal). I will post line up later.

How do you guys handle the season? I was gonna play every so many games, but all games against the Blues (rivalary), Flyers(I live in Philly), and Pens (I知 a Pens fan). But do you guys play every so many games? Promotion games? Looking for a way to play a lot, but get through 1st season fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2017, 04:07 PM   #132
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Okay so I decided to restart my Seattle Wizards franchise after learning how to better build depth. I feel like my team overall is better, however I got 5th pick this time so no Nolan Patrick this time

My NHL lines headed into the season are:

Line 1: P. Eaves, M. Hanzal, A. Burakovsky
Line 2: Connor Brown, P. Denault, C. Jarnkrok
Line 3: N. Kulemin, C. Tierney, Josh Anderson
Line 4: M. Ferland, R. Dzingel, D. Smith-Pelly

Def 1: S. Despres, Z. Bogosian
Def 2: B. Dumoulin, B. Chiarit
Def 3: ノ. G駘inas, X. Ouellet

Goalies: Philipp Grubauer, James Reimer

AHL team, Anchorage Huskies lineups are...

Line 1: D. Jaskin, J. Josefson, A. Burmistrov
Line 2: M. Folingo, A. Czarnik, S. Andrighetto
Line 3: S. Laughton, T. Schaller, T. Pitlick
Line 4: B. McGinn, E. Patterson (#5 pick), M. Latta

Def 1: A. Biega, J. Dotchin
Def 2: D. Olsen, G. Olofsson
Def 3: T. Liljegren (draftee rookie), V. Pokka

Goalies: Kari Lehtonen,V. Vehvil臺nen

I feel a lot better about my team now. I may have spent too much on veteran goalies but I'm happy with it. I'll look to draft a goalie with the assumed top 10 or so pick. Vehvilainen may end up progressing well though we will see.

I'm gonna figure out how to look at the OHL rosters to see my rookies who are too young to play in the AHL.

What do you guys think about my team?? I need to post pics of jerseys of both NHL and AHL teams.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:10 PM   #133
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dneville80
The Kansas City Warriors are off and running in the regular season with a come from behind win against the Vegas Golden Knights. Grubauer was solid in the 3rd and goals from Burakowsky(2) and Jaskin(1) but the Warriors over the top. Had the 3rd overall pick and Patrick fell to me so he is on my 3rd line right now but about to bump him up. Other notable signings in FA period where Shattenkirk(5tr deal), Del Zotto(2yr deal), Burakovsky(rfa-2nd round pick), Dadanov(2yr deal). I will post line up later.

How do you guys handle the season? I was gonna play every so many games, but all games against the Blues (rivalary), Flyers(I live in Philly), and Pens (I知 a Pens fan). But do you guys play every so many games? Promotion games? Looking for a way to play a lot, but get through 1st season fast.
Sounds fun! I'd like to see your jerseys if possible.

I play one out of every three games regardless of home or away or who against. Plan to play all playoff games. Also plan to play one or two games per month of my created AHL team as well. And probably one or two games per series in playoffs with AHL team.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:21 PM   #134
Rookie

October has ended

Kansas City Warriors Update
Record: 6-2-1-13pts (1st place, Central)
Goals: 3, Andre Burakovsky & Dmitrij Jaskin
Assists: 5, Phillip Danault
Wins: 5, Cam Ward
Biggest Win: 4-1 Over Hurricanes
Biggest Loss: 5-1 bubble Tampa Bay
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Hamilton Mustangs Update
Record: 5-2-2-12pts (5th, North Division)
Goals: 3, 4 tied
Assists: 6, Sven Andrighetto & Oskar Sundqvist
Wins: 4, Joonas Korpisalo
Biggest Win: 5-1, over Texas Stars
Biggest Loss: 4-1, by Providence Bruins
Old 12-17-2017, 05:28 PM   #135
Rookie

Lineups:
1) Burakovsky-Galchenyum-Brown
2) Upshall-Patrick(R)-Dandonov
3) Jaskin-Danault-Smith-Pelly
4) Laughton-Tierney-J.Anderson

1) Brodin-Vatanen
2) Ekholm-Myers
3) Shattenkirk-Del Zotto

1) Grubauer
2) Ward

Extras: Shore, Jooris, Schenn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2017, 07:41 PM   #136
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

updated franchise all-star: full sim NHL 18, just all-star full sim , are updated.

I wanted to take advantage of huge players in it wanted them to stand out more, have fun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »