Home

Attribute Effects

This is a discussion on Attribute Effects within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #81
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Attribute Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
Yeah, I’ve tried all different camera angles and auto zooms but I’m still sticking with classic/no zoom. Only other changes I’ve made to the sliders from default are lowering cpu pass accuracy down to 15, raising mine to 55 and dropping CPU aggression to 45. CPU passing % is still too high compared to mine but I have them within 10% of each other so I can live with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Passing % to me, is just an abnormally with the NHL series. All sports games have certain stat or stats that just don't mimic real life and to me, NHL's issue is the passing % by the CPU teams. My guess is 90% of the accuracy comes from the back and forth passing in my zone and not the normal passing up and down the ice.

I don't pay attention to that stat anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 10:25 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2

Agreed, passing % means nothing. It's not even a stat the NHL uses for game summaries. Not sure why EA even shows that stat.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #83
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

My copy came in yesterday.
I've only played one game. I went Full Sim and the only thing I changed was game speed (from 3 to 5) and Attributes to 10.
Had a great game playing as the Wings vs the Leafs.
Players with low skill couldn't do anything other than chip and chase and shoot. No deking, no threading passes. And it seemed to be the same for the CPU.
That was really nice to see.

Players like Zetterberg, Larkin, Nyquist etc were great to control. They can dangle, skate, pass and shoot. You really want to give them the puck.

The other thing I noticed was my CPU teammates being way more aggressive. They were actually attacking and covering their position. Watching my Dman push and shove someone in the crease without my having to control him was music to my eyes.

Naturally I have to play a lot more, but so far I like what I see.
The one thing I've noticed about EA's hockey game over the last several years is that the game seems to play a lot differently in Play Now compared to Franchise mode.
So I'm going to play a few more Play Now games to get my slider set down, then fire up a Franchise.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #84
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Attribute Effectsup

Hey money, it's prolly best to make a test franchise and create your sliders in there so you know they will perform right when you start your real franchise.

Saves time...
Old 10-22-2017, 10:04 PM   #85
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Using Attribute Effects 10/10 as a base.. I'm still tweaking a few things like shooting accuracy, goalie sliders and checking sliders.

I would seriously love for EA to come out with an in depth video guide to gameplay sliders, explaining what each does, maybe even have some gameplay video as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 11:56 AM   #86
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Using Attribute Effects 10/10 as a base.. I'm still tweaking a few things like shooting accuracy, goalie sliders and checking sliders.

I would seriously love for EA to come out with an in depth video guide to gameplay sliders, explaining what each does, maybe even have some gameplay video as well.
Even something simple like a PDF going over how sliders work, how they affect the base rating number, anything would be helpful. It's always such a pain playing guess and change with a game that's already random.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:23 PM   #87
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
Even something simple like a PDF going over how sliders work, how they affect the base rating number, anything would be helpful. It's always such a pain playing guess and change with a game that's already random.
Agreed. Call me crazy, but ever since the October roster update came out, things changed drastically in the game. The AI shot total went up and I'm getting shelled by goals. Also, the AI no longer takes penalties, even at 100 I'm lucky to see 1 penalty by the AI.

Pre-October update, I had good sliders going. Penalties seen per team and games were good. Shots were "realistic". Now, no matter the team, I can almost guarantee the CPU will hit 35+ shots a game and get about 4+ goals. Nothing changed with my sliders.

I keep attribute effects at 5, but reduced gamespeed to 2 which slightly helped. But having a detail of the sliders would be very helpful.

When you read some slider descriptions, it almost reads as if we need to go the opposite way with certain sliders.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:19 PM   #88
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Agreed. Call me crazy, but ever since the October roster update came out, things changed drastically in the game. The AI shot total went up and I'm getting shelled by goals. Also, the AI no longer takes penalties, even at 100 I'm lucky to see 1 penalty by the AI.

Pre-October update, I had good sliders going. Penalties seen per team and games were good. Shots were "realistic". Now, no matter the team, I can almost guarantee the CPU will hit 35+ shots a game and get about 4+ goals. Nothing changed with my sliders.

I keep attribute effects at 5, but reduced gamespeed to 2 which slightly helped. But having a detail of the sliders would be very helpful.

When you read some slider descriptions, it almost reads as if we need to go the opposite way with certain sliders.
That was my biggest frustration with the game. I would finally settle on a slider set, get it playing close enough that I wasn't throwing my controller...and a tuner update would come out and everything just felt wrong after that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »