Home

Five Features We Would Love to See in NHL 19

This is a discussion on Five Features We Would Love to See in NHL 19 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2017, 08:14 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Five Features We Would Love to See in NHL 19

Definitely need some better goaltending graphics. Haven’t seen a goalie use the reverse VH in actual gameplay yet despite it being used consistently in the NHL...

Roster sharing, custom music, and full 31/32 team control for franchise mode would be nice too. I’m moreso hoping for 2K to release a game at this point...
Old 10-18-2017, 03:41 AM   #18
Rookie

Ac3way's Arena

Defensive stick should be only at right stick, more natural feeling manual control for your stick. Not R1+right stick.

Its bit pointless to have checking at right stick, because at checking you dont really need that much control.

So Defensive stick more like what a NHL2k had implementet.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:33 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 12

We can save time and just check the wishlists for the last 7 years. I would like to see the return of online franchise with custom season length and sliders. Also would like to see custom season lenght in offline franchise. I need the option to play shorter seasons!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2017, 12:13 PM   #20
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
It needs more Customization like NBA 2K MyLeague.
*- Let us upload images for Create A Team, make Draft classes, and edit players in Franchise Mode.
Also, it is rediculous that are rookies have Black cutouts for their pics instead of the cartoon images like other sports games.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:40 PM   #21
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2

To who wrote the article: these maybe things YOU, would love to see in NHL 19 and maybe it's you who hasn't play this title too often and maybe it's you who went to school for writing and are just trying to be part of the gaming industry or whatever so you wrote this vanilla piece to get your name out there or whatever. This game needs a crap load more than a "showtime" feature.

Let's see a writer do some real work, and dig a little deeper, and call some parties out, and let's see some progress. Enough of this middle of the road crap. This game is middle of the road, and it's crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 09:32 PM   #22
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

My top 5 would be:

1. Roster sharing
2. Improved A.I. - this includes breakout logic, offensive and defensive positioning, and special teams positioning/logic
3. Better neutral zone play
4. Improved goalie animations
5. Deeper scouting system for Franchise Mode

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-19-2017, 08:16 AM   #23
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

This is a good article but so much of what is listed in it and in posts are things we have wanted since the series was ported to next gen. Definitely things we've asked for since the game changers events inception. Yet year after year it's all ignored. I'm not holding my breath for anything because it's always "maybe next year".....hope I'm wrong and if I am here's my list and it's more than 5 but I put my top 5 in bold

1) Roster share
2) Commentary that actually follows what's going on during the season or at least accurately reflects the game your currently playing
3) More play by play names. This list has not changed in a decade
4) better goalie AI
5) better defensive AI
6) better breakout AI
7) 5 man celebration

8) line matching by CPU
9) proper timeout usage and goalie pull by CPU
10) make a big game feel like one...(commentary and presentation)

On a side note regarding AI, if they just addressed some legacy issues that we have complained about for YEARS that would go a long way to improving AI alone. (EXAMPLES: your CPU teammate abandoning a guy in front of the net, players flocking together, your AI teammates skating into you, wandering AI players, Goalies going down before the shot is taken, having a player who was knocked down still get up and maintain control of the puck over your still skating player.)

Last edited by jake19ny; 10-19-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:53 AM   #24
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

1. Coach specific strategies. I would like to see coaches in the game, each with their own play style and roster building preferences. Expanding on that, they should be able to be hired/fired and new ones should generate as well with different characteristics. You could either take over as a coach, choosing your abilities or as the owner and hire your own coach who have their own ideas on team strategy and which players they prefer you to acquire. Teams would then play different "styles" instead of every team doing the same thing and having the same feel to them when you play against them.

2. Legacy issues fixed. Goalie pads should not have sticks/pucks going through them or through the goalies bodies. This needs fixed once and for all. You can add 5 man celebrations and any other nagging issues (goalie animations) that's been in this series for years.

3. Roster sharing. We have great roster guys on here, so it's time to let them do their thing which would also improve the game as we could tweak certain ratings to coincide slider settings.

4. Slider sharing. 2k had this, we need to also be able to share sliders without having to plod through them each time. We should be able to d/l them and run. Would love to see what the developers use as well. The descriptions on some of the sliders do not really explain what exactly they do, would it hurt to give a much more detailed explanation?

5. Franchise. We need more, much more! Dynamic commentary, story lines, more in depth injury system, dynamic intros, playoff coverage, after game 3 stars announcement, the list goes on and on. It's time to revamp the franchise mode, it's extremely STALE.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »