Home

How's your franchise going? NHL 19 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your franchise going? NHL 19 Edition within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2019, 02:04 PM   #129
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How's your franchise going? NHL 19 Edition

Well, with the Stanley Cup Playoffs fast approaching, I caught NHL 19 on sale for under $20 and took a flier on it. First one I've bought since 14 on the PS3 (which I LOVED) and so far, I'm really enjoying it. Some glaring omissions that I wrote about in another thread, like no roster sharing or custom music, but this series has serious potential if they would just put in the work. At this point, I think the majority of us will agree that EVERY sports game should be following NBA 2K's model at building a great Franchise Mode. Do that and NHL will be right back in the competition for best sports game. The biggest problem is that EA has just let Ultimate Team money kill off the desire for improvement on all 3 of their sports titles and it's a damn shame. All of that said, I've started a franchise with Vegas and can't wait to finish what they started last season! #VGK
#WeAreND
Old 04-04-2019, 06:55 PM   #130
Rookie

AllIn989's Arena

OVR: 0

My leafs in the 2nd season are 29-9-3 tavares is haveing quite the season with 27 goals 23 assists and 50 points in 41 games played also anderson has been awesome all season with a GAA of 2.16 and save% 931
Old 04-06-2019, 08:36 AM   #131
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just finished my first season of a Red Wings franchise. I missed the playoffs in both the NHL and AHL which was disappointing for my younger guys that I wanted to get more games in, but overall a decent first year I suppose.

My custom roster has quite a few NCAA prospects across the league added to it. I started with the trade deadline base a couple days after the IRL trade deadline, and then simmed to that point in time and played the rest.

The Wings ended up with the 9th pick, which ended up being Kaapo Kakko, who basically freefell to me even though it looks like he is the second best player of the class after my Hughes CAP.

I made some trades at the draft as well, picking up David Perron and Connor Carrick. I re-signed Jimmy Howard and Niklas Kronwall on 2 and 1 year deals, got extensions for Bertuzzi and Mantha, and signed Sergei Bobrovsky and Marcus Johansson in free agency. Going into the pre-season, my roster looks like this:

Perron - Larkin - Zadina
Johansson - Athanasiou - Mantha
Bertuzzi - Nielsen - Kakko
Abdelkader - Rasmussen - Helm

Green - DeKeyser
Cholowski - Hronek
Carrick - Bowey

Bobrovsky - Howard

Scratches: Frk, Glendening, Kronwall

At the AHL level:
Svechnikov - Ehn - Terry
de la Rose - Turgeon - Puempel
Pope - Veleno - Holmstrom
Smith - Gallant - Zetterlund

Sulak - Hicketts
McIlrath-Setkov
Saarijarvi - Kotkansalo

Larsson - Van Pottelberghe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #132
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7

First game as the Hawks done and dusted 6-2 over Ottawa got contributions from every line but the best player was Dylan Strome scoring a PPG and 1 assist.

Also just made a trade with the Islanders for Sebastian Aho for a 2019 3rd Round pick Carl Dahlstorm and got a 4th rounder 2020 coming back to me as well.

Next game against the Blues
NRL:New Zealand Warriors

Old 04-07-2019, 05:22 AM   #133
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

Just finished up two games one against the Blues were ended up winning 7-1 Blues commited 9 Penalty’s for the game and the game was won on the back of the special teams were they were on fire going 5-9 on the Powerplay with Brandon Saad and Jerome Fitzgerald (Created Player 78 overall LW) collecting 3 points each.

Blues had multiple injury’s in the game (Steen,Pietrangelo,Dunn) so don’t think it was a reflection on how good they are just a rough night for them.

Then played the Maple Leafs our first real test and suffered our first loss 5-3. Patrick Kane collecting 2 Points but lost Erik Gustafson due to injury. John Tavares,Auston Matthews dominated and picked up two points each and really had there way with our defense.

Going to play a few more games tonight and will post a update then but really enjoying it so far looking at adding a few defense man soon defense needs some youth and speed any suggestions for any young decent defenseman that could contribute?

Old 04-08-2019, 06:35 AM   #134
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

Another update 3 games done:

@Minnesota Wild 5-1 W
VS St Louis Blues 4-3 L
VS Arizona Coytoes 4-2 W

Not a bad three game stretch the offense is really humming to start the year esp against the Wild the game really was amount of pressure the offense was able to put on the wilds defense with the amount of Talent on offense we have DeBrincat had a day out with 3 points (1G,2A) and defense did a great job holding the Wild to only 21 shots for the game.

The Blues game was a tough one really close game right down to the end but Connor Murphy commited a penalty late in the game with about a 2 min to go and the Blues were able to score the game winner with a Tarasenko one timer (hate that guy he’s so good)

Bounced back with a nice little 4-2 win against the Coyotes again a real close game was 3-2 right till the last min with Kane hitting a empty netter to seal the game.

Season is been really fun Toews leads the league in scoring with 12 points from six games and the young rookie Jerome Fitzgerald playing on line 2 having outstanding start to his career and pushing for the early Calder favourite with 11 points (8G,3A) to be second he also has been a force on the PP with 5 PPG.

Also have Patrick Kane with 9 points clearly the offense is guiding this team at the moment with 3 guys in the top 10 for points and the number one powerplay unit in the league (10/28 35.7%)
Defense needs work got some moves in the works that might surprise a lot of people.

Also called up Henri Jokiharju to help out on defense and he’s been really good in the three games he’s played 5 hits,5 blocked shots and 4 takeaway to start been real solid next to Seabrook.

Last edited by Skuxx24; 04-08-2019 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:38 PM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 2

My season has been awesome. The season has come down to the last game to see if i make the playoffs or not. I usually cruise to 1st or 2nd in my division, but not this year. I love the fact how hard the season was. I really like how the gamer plays this year with the right adjustments. i'll probably do one more season after this one. I was the Devils BTW.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0GauHxdc.jpg (93.1 KB, 75 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2019, 09:50 AM   #136
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

After all the patches and tuners. I settled on default sim, 1.40, with 8 min halfs. Started a Avalanche franchise. So far so good. 2-1-1.

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown

Madden 19 - Falcons year 1
FIFA 19 - NewCastle year 1
Show 19 - Braves year 1
NHL 19 - Avalanche year 1
RLL4 - Sydney Roosters
RC3 - Highlanders/USA

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 04-11-2019 at 09:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »