Home

EA Sports UFC GameChangers

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC GameChangers within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-10-2015, 10:52 PM   #9
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: EA Sports UFC GameChangers

Hopefully some good people get chosen.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:57 PM   #10
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0

They need 3 guys from the forums for online, and two from here for the offline. If not, I feel the offline guys will not get their concerns met just like with the first game. I want the franchise to be a success, and offline drives the sales. Over 1,000,000 copies sold. Most ever online at one time doing online matches was probably close to 2-4000 at launch. There are still over 2000 at any time logged into the servers playing. While 2-500 are playing online modes.

I haven't really been on the official forums much lately, but feel the need to be on there now making sure the right people will go.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:06 PM   #11
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

I play EA UFC way more online than I do offline. I just get much better fights from real opponents than I do from the A.I. Plus, the career mode left a lot to be desired.

A game like MLB the Show is the complete opposite, though. Most of my time is spent offline because the game plays great. Hopefully we see a great leap forward in the A.I. and single player modes this time around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 11:06 AM   #12
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You have my vote. You are probably the only person as interested in CAF as I am.
CAF Customization, sliders/editing and one thing that I forgot to mention in my application, Event Mode, are the things that I really want to see added in EA UFC 2. The whole CFM type mode for UFC is probably a pipe dream, but one that I really want to see.

I honestly don't think that the majority of online players would care about any of those. Well, maybe Event Mode if you can play it online, but even that is probably a niche thing. I just want to see the game be much deeper than fighting online and single player career mode that's been done years and years now. I really want to see them bring something new and fresh to the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
They need 3 guys from the forums for online, and two from here for the offline. If not, I feel the offline guys will not get their concerns met just like with the first game. I want the franchise to be a success, and offline drives the sales. Over 1,000,000 copies sold. Most ever online at one time doing online matches was probably close to 2-4000 at launch. There are still over 2000 at any time logged into the servers playing. While 2-500 are playing online modes.

I haven't really been on the official forums much lately, but feel the need to be on there now making sure the right people will go.
Hopefully, the devs will see that it's important to have GameChangers who value different things and have contrasting perspectives. I mean, if you have five guys there and all are online ranked players, then how much would have those like-minded guys there really improve the game overall?

Take Madden for instance, I know they have GCers who are there for different reasons. Gameplay, CFM, tourney style players & MUT. And while I despise some of those things myself, I think that they all deserve to be there so that the team can get input about everything and make the best game possible. Hopefully, the UFC devs follow a similar path, but since it's going by popular vote, then I'm nervous about that being the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I play EA UFC way more online than I do offline. I just get much better fights from real opponents than I do from the A.I. Plus, the career mode left a lot to be desired.

A game like MLB the Show is the complete opposite, though. Most of my time is spent offline because the game plays great. Hopefully we see a great leap forward in the A.I. and single player modes this time around.
The most important thing to me is that the A.I. doesn't feel the same in every fight. Each fight should have a little different feel and fighters really need to fight like themselves. I remember in THQ Undisputed 3 I did a career at Welterweight and Matt Hughes was my nemesis. Every time he took me down it was so hard to get him off of me. I didn't have quite the same fear fighting against the A.I. in EA UFC because (for example) most wrestlers came out throwing bombs and I didn't have to worry about their wrestling as much.

I'd also like to things like a more varying move sets between fighters and gameplay improvements like more cage work and feints and certain fighters who use those more than others.

And like I said before sliders and editing are very important too because not everyone fights the same. In EA UFC I played mostly on Normal, but the ground game was way to easy for me on Normal. When I went up to Hard the CPU blocked and parried too much for my liking, but the ground game was much better. If I could have standup on Normal and the ground game on Hard it would have been perfect for me. That's why I really want to see sliders in the game. As far as editing the current roster since the game only releases every other year, then giving us that option offline would help us keep the roster up-to-date without the need for an update.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-11-2015, 03:57 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

LOL. It looks like its going to be really tough to get anyone who is focused on offline into the GameChangers. The pushback is real over at the EA forums.

I'm hoping the devs consider changing the selection process because right now I dont like my or any other offline player's shot.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:12 PM   #14
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL. It looks like its going to be really tough to get anyone who is focused on offline into the GameChangers. The pushback is real over at the EA forums.

I'm hoping the devs consider changing the selection process because right now I dont like my or any other offline player's shot.
You don't even online bro? You don't know nuthin' bout dis game den!

In all seriousness, the most hopeful thing I see is in EA_Karo's OP and it says "We are looking to put together a well rounded group that represents the community as a whole, with every part of the game in mind."

For the love of god let that mean that someone besides online ranked players get in. I really doubt that will be the case if it's a popular vote, but my fingers are crossed.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-11-2015, 08:18 PM   #15
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
You don't even online bro? You don't know nuthin' bout dis game den!

In all seriousness, the most hopeful thing I see is in EA_Karo's OP and it says "We are looking to put together a well rounded group that represents the community as a whole, with every part of the game in mind."

For the love of god let that mean that someone besides online ranked players get in. I really doubt that will be the case if it's a popular vote, but my fingers are crossed.
Don't put too much hope into Karo. The guy is never around the forums anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 02:23 PM   #16
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

Attn: Aholbert and Jeremy

When one of you guys get picked, make sure you tell them to make Rashad faster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »