Home

EA Sports UFC GameChangers

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC GameChangers within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2015, 05:24 PM   #17
MVP

Yaari's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC GameChangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Don't put too much hope into Karo. The guy is never around the forums anyways.
Every mod is constantly in contact with him.
Besides, pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

Last edited by Yaari; 09-12-2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:21 PM   #18
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Every mod is constantly in contact with him.
Besides, pretty sure he knows what he's doing.
A community manager that is barely around the main community just doesn't please me. However, I know how these companies are and they stretch their community managers too thin. THQ Tank was the same way, and one of the reasons he left was because MMA just wasn't his thing. He is doing great over at Sony now though. GPD I think has a better pulse on the community for this game in my opinion.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:59 PM   #19
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
A community manager that is barely around the main community just doesn't please me. However, I know how these companies are and they stretch their community managers too thin. THQ Tank was the same way, and one of the reasons he left was because MMA just wasn't his thing. He is doing great over at Sony now though. GPD I think has a better pulse on the community for this game in my opinion.
Well, he's on like 3 different sports games and then all the Bioware games. NHL launched last week and this week he moved to UFC.

He does plenty of CM work but there is no reason to be on the forums unless a game launched and issues need to be adressed. And I am pretty sure he is around for that when needed. He runs the Twitter accounts too.

I do think he has little interest in MMA though, so I'll give you that haha. He does a lot for the community but these days forums are just not as relevant anymore. Most people use different platforms. The only people that are on a forum for a game that is not coming out anytime soon, are pretty likely to get it anyway.

His job is to reach people about the games, and in this day that is better done through Twitter/FB and streaming services. He needs to inform the public when issues arise with games but he does that. No need to hang around on a forum. Issues get forwarded, thats where the mods are for.

Last edited by Yaari; 09-12-2015 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:16 PM   #20
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

I still think he could pop in more than he has. Understood though.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:56 PM   #21
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
The GameChangers thing is Karo's gig, but I have given him my perspective on it for what it's worth. The NHL one was a huge success so I trust that he knows what he's doing.

I've seen these things fail miserably in the past, but this time it seems to have much better intentions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #22
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
The GameChangers thing is Karo's gig, but I have given him my perspective on it for what it's worth. The NHL one was a huge success so I trust that he knows what he's doing.

I've seen these things fail miserably in the past, but this time it seems to have much better intentions.
I just feel it will fail miserably if we don't have offline player(s) going as well. If we help to send 5 online guys, we as a community failed. Offline was neglected so bad the first game, and that was from release with the limited modes that also lead to the very minimal replay value for them.

I am an online guy myself, but know how important offline is to the success of the series in the long run. Online you could have balanced gameplay, and the modes we have now for online and it would still be fine. I would want to have more of course, but online will always have replay value.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:59 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Aholbert and Jeremy easily my two picks to attend. I'm a online fighter but I trust their direction.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:21 PM   #24
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Aholbert and Jeremy easily my two picks to attend. I'm a online fighter but I trust their direction.
I'd like to see you and/or Matt throw your names in the hat, as well. Although, since this is a popular vote, then I think all of us would have a pretty tough time getting voted in. Hopefully, Aholbert can get the votes. Offline really needs to be represented and I know he would really push for improvements for AI, CAF and modes. If 5 online guys go, then that could be telling for the future of the series.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »