Home

Why is rubber guard and some submission attempts so hard to deny?

This is a discussion on Why is rubber guard and some submission attempts so hard to deny? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2017, 11:33 PM   #33
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why is rubber guard and some submission attempts so hard to deny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I mean, this is kinda BS for the ~60% of people who don't have brand new high end HD TVs..

Super unfair..

It is what it is I guess. I just don't see myself spending that kinda money on a TV just to deny transitions in EA UFC 2 better any time soon. I play almost exclusively single player RPGs. UFC is the only online game I play..

Just google "Dynex input lag" and have a long laugh at my sad state of affairs.
Dude I just did and that's awful. I would never put myself through that for a game I play online all the time like you do. If it's ranked or unranked you put tons of time into this game and it's probably best if you experience UFC 2 and 3 if it's being made on a better tv.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:50 PM   #34
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
I mean, this is kinda BS for the ~60% of people who don't have brand new high end HD TVs..

Super unfair..

It is what it is I guess. I just don't see myself spending that kinda money on a TV just to deny transitions in EA UFC 2 better any time soon. I play almost exclusively single player RPGs. UFC is the only online game I play..

Just google "Dynex input lag" and have a long laugh at my sad state of affairs.
Also the new tv is not for just denying transitions but you will feel better Fighter movement and controls and punches/kicks being thrown when you press the button. Also subs will be soooo much easier and responsive and blocking punches and kicks when you push the button will be quick. Your whole UFC 2 experience will improve and you will notice the difference instantly. There's no questioning that.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:44 AM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
This is there review on the tv for video games and input lag...

1080p @ 60Hz Show Help : 13.5 ms
1080p With Interpolation Show Help : N/A
1080p @ 60Hz Outside Game Mode Show Help : 80.1 ms
1080p @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 Show Help : N/A
4k @ 60Hz Show Help : 13.4 ms
4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 Show Help : N/A
4k @ 60Hz + HDR Show Help : N/A
4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 + HDR Show Help : N/A

This is the lowest input lag we have measured on a TV so far. The time it takes for the TV to respond to a controller input is extremely low. Any serious gamers, even those playing competitively, should be pleased with the Vizio D. To get the input lag to a minimum, we had to use the 'Game' picture mode and the HDMI 5 input. For the HDMI 1, the 1080p input lag under game mode (with 'Game Low Latency' on) is 42.2ms.

13.4 ms IS THE MAGIC NUMBER ON HDMI SLOT 5. Its the 4K HDMI slot.
Wow! This is so over my head, i don't know where to begin. I've been away from this game (and therefore this site) for several months. It seems so much has change, yet so much remains the same!

Okay, so I'm totally lost on all this tv input lag. I get the concept, but have zero clue how to optimize what im working with.

What I'm working with? I'm guessing, or pretty much expecting this thing to have tier capabilities, but need help tuning it. I understand how to change inputs obviously, and I can change the viewing modes -- like switching to 'game' mode from 'movie' 'bright' etc., but then in lost. The TV I'm working with me:

LG 65 inch 4K OLED E6 series. Hopefully all this crap makes sense to someone. Basically it's a big *** TV that looks more like my iPhone. I'm too dumb to figure out how to even make tv shows look realistic because of some 'smoothing effect' or something. So input lag fixing is way out of my league.

Help appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2017, 12:55 AM   #36
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

It's actually pretty simple.

Your best option might be just running in game mode. Most TV's have video processing to make things look better. Game mode disables some of the processing to give minimal amount of lag.

Looks like on big cee's achieved the lowest lag with the video input going to the 4k HDMI port.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:49 AM   #37
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Im with Kseary here. None of this makes sense to me either..

A google search reveals my TV is complete, and total, absolute junk for Video games, but that's about all I understand.

What's a 4k HDMI port? That's different than regular HDMI?

Like literally none of this makes sense to me. Hahaha

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 01-19-2017, 03:02 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:

What's a 4k HDMI port? That's different than regular HDMI?

Like literally none of this makes sense to me. Hahaha
Haha. That's news to me. I have this fairly pricey TV. Sounds like just plugging in HDMI 1 wasn't the right thing??? Nice and intuitive!
Old 01-19-2017, 03:17 AM   #39
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Input Lag of TVs and What it is...

A television’s input lag is the amount of time that elapses between a picture being generated by a source and that image appearing onscreen. When gaming, you’ll experience this as the time between making an input and seeing the reaction appear onscreen. It’s only important for gamers, and even then, different gamers will have different sensitivity to lag.

Click the link to learn about tv input lag.
http://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/input-lag
Old 01-21-2017, 09:04 AM   #40
Rookie

it very easy to deny rubber guard..deny the way which hand your opponent holds your head.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »