Home

Why is ultimate team so unbalanced?

This is a discussion on Why is ultimate team so unbalanced? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2018, 08:24 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Why is ultimate team so unbalanced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Having said all this, I still think it's more balanced than UFC 2's UT. Don't forget the infitine attribute cards. Here I am complaining about two stats being maxed out, where in UFC 2 it was more about the fighter being maxed ou or having full categories maxed out.
They should just go the nba 2k route

Have a cap on stats based on styles.

Each fighter can pick 2 styles Or pick MMA for a jack of all trades master of none type.

Make the cap for all stats a lot lower then the actual roster(Im thinkin like 70). Each style lowers/raises the cap of particular attributes.

This way you have more freedom over your fighting style and everyone is a lot more balanced.

This only applies to UFC 2’s UT which was much better tbh.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:36 PM   #10
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
You should go back and play it more. It is not more balanced then UFC 2 by a long shot. Those two stat imbalances you experienced will be there no matter what you do. In UFC 2, it was just a matter of time until you could get them up, not in this game however.
So, the time played matter more to the handicaps in UFC 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
They should just go the nba 2k route

Have a cap on stats based on styles.

Each fighter can pick 2 styles Or pick MMA for a jack of all trades master of none type.

Make the cap for all stats a lot lower then the actual roster(Im thinkin like 70). Each style lowers/raises the cap of particular attributes.

This way you have more freedom over your fighting style and everyone is a lot more balanced.

This only applies to UFC 2’s UT which was much better tbh.
I would prefer another solution. I think they did almost everything right. Only those three specific issues and a 4th (the curve of rewards of the cards) had catastrophic consequences. The annoying part is that I saw some of this coming.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:40 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:

I would prefer another solution. I think they did almost everything right. Only those three specific issues and a 4th (the curve of rewards of the cards) had catastrophic consequences. The annoying part is that I saw some of this coming.
To each his own.

I know we disagree on pretty much everything related to this game anyway lol.

I miss the old UT set up. I like the idea of the team being ranked together but everything else seems like a huge step back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2018, 08:49 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Well yeah, by a long shot, but that isn't the big issue. That handicap in UFC 2 was caused by people dropping 100s of dollars early on, which could eventually be caught up to with grinding. In this version, the handicaps are set in stone in the core of UT. You start with them, and you end with them. Seriously, try this mode out, and get back to me.

edit: I should point out that these solidified handicaps are flawed in UFC 3. So if you want to make the argument that it's a good thing people can't boost, it doesn't relate to how this versions UT is balanced at all.

Last edited by Evil97; 02-17-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:58 PM   #13
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Well yeah, by a long shot, but that isn't the big issue. That handicap in UFC 2 was caused by people dropping 100s of dollars early on, which could eventually be caught up to with grinding. In this version, the handicaps are set in stone in the core of UT. You start with them, and you end with them. Seriously, try this mode out, and get back to me.
As I said, I was already too disapointed to keep playing it.

I just don't see how the handicaps can be worse, if you "start with them". Do you mean that the styles are too radically different, due to the min-maxing factors?
Old 02-18-2018, 12:11 AM   #14
Rookie

Anyone here who has seen my posts will already know how much i dislike this years UT. To me and many others it has been the single most disappointing and jaw dropping(in a bad way) mode that took so many steps backward in a brand new game over the old one.

I cant even fathom how some of these decisions were made to get us to the UT mode we have today and based on not ever getting any devs to respond to this glaring issue im not expecting to ever know on how something can go so very wrong.

Just so its not all QQ/Flaming, here are my solutions to some of these problems.

1) get rid of the damn roster fighters, this mode has always been about caf's, its the focal point, its what people like, its what looks great on youtube being played by Toke and other people which they simply have to really work for it in this version and its a damn shame. If you want to do legend packs were we can get a prime Cro Cop or the Ice man, by all means go right ahead, just dont give me 100 versions of cro cop were in 1 version hes a bjj god, makes no sense.

2)Expiring perks really? Come on, if you want people to open more packs, make this stuff harder to get, but once i work my *** of to get it(or get lucky), let me keep it in my collection, it should not expire, i have no problem with rare, i have a problem with stuff expiring that i paid money/worked for after a few games. This in my opinion is a money hungry play that has already made a lot of people mad at EA(star wars battlefront) and they need to be careful here.

3) Move lists/creativity, EA, less movelists and less stats that we can give to our guy? really? We want more not less... You can figure how to cap Caf's in other ways, i dont want to have 5 slots for striking... Especially when this Chem stuff is pointless. Let us customize our Caf's, like i said alter pack odds or make packs cost more so that we are stuck with lower rated caf's for longer, make the progress harder for every1, but dont limit how much we can customize by trying to soft cap our Caf's, i dont have a problem with a ovr cap, its just the limitations and generalization of stats thats the issue, i want more not less.

At the end of the day, i want to customize everything about my fighter, i want to pull taunts that other ppl cant get, i want to pull entrance animations, i want to pull celebrations, different attitudes of my fighter, UT can be a striving mode that makes EA tons of money just like it is in Madden, just like it is in fifa, but you gotta stick to your core principles, UT makes tons of money so that updates can keep rolling in and other game modes benefit from this, but you have to find UT an identity, like it was in UFC 2 and not try to squeeze all our money while not providing a proper product in return.

No more 100 nate diaz's, and more Caf's stuff, we already have roster fighters in EVERY other mode, dont need them in UT besides few exceptions.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:24 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
As I said, I was already too disapointed to keep playing it.

I just don't see how the handicaps can be worse, if you "start with them". Do you mean that the styles are too radically different, due to the min-maxing factors?
The styles are too different, but the issue is not that simple. That is why I said to give it another go. All of your questions will be answered. If I get sometime, I will go into detail.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2018, 12:26 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT

At the end of the day, i want to customize everything about my fighter, i want to pull taunts that other ppl cant get, i want to pull entrance animations, i want to pull celebrations, different attitudes of my fighter, UT can be a striving mode that makes EA tons of money just like it is in Madden, just like it is in fifa, but you gotta stick to your core principles, UT makes tons of money so that updates can keep rolling in and other game modes benefit from this, but you have to find UT an identity, like it was in UFC 2 and not try to squeeze all our money while not providing a proper product in return.
Yes. Exactly. I know many upgrades for this title we're budget dependant, but I too was surprised to see that this mode was altered so drastically for the worse.

Many of the things you mentioned would even be "cosmetic" items to save them from the loot box accusations while also greatly spicing up the mode.

I would only add a bit more on how much the fight styles and stat balancing have been a complete detriment to the success of this mode.

I'm happy to see that this thread stayed as a topic in this section (where it belongs) and not moved to the impressions thread.

Sent from my XT1585 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by dina1229; 02-18-2018 at 12:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »