Home

Live Tuner Set Update - Aug 9, 2018

This is a discussion on Live Tuner Set Update - Aug 9, 2018 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2018, 02:37 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Live Tuner Set Update - Aug 9, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaccoNumba5
Btw we had a really good fight yesterday I tried to message you gg but couldn’t. But yeah good game my favorite match in a while
yeah dom cruz vs rivera. I had fun too, I have my messages disabled to avoid ddosing but I might reenable it now that the major ddosers have been removed.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:17 PM   #90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
I try to be objective and not to use this as a metric for the quality of an update, but I am winning ALOT after this tuner.

I’ve been at a little over 50% win rate in ranked since launch of the game (just under 800 or so fights).

My win rate is now 75%. I won my first 12 fights in a row after the tuner, including my first legit submission victory ever LMAO
It’s really exposing the amount of scrubs that just used relentless pressure before
Old 08-10-2018, 04:21 PM   #91
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
LMAO! I remember that, I think I know who you are! Man I felt so bad.
Lol it's all good, was 100% my fault. I didn't trigger the glove touch in time so for some reason I tried to bow standing 1 foot in front of you in the center of the cage after you had already tried to touch gloves. You would have been completely justified to head kick me to death
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 05:15 PM   #92
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
You should wait about 2 weeks before really diving deep. My win rate always changes post-patch and it has a lot to do with people learning the patch faster than others and having fewer adjustments. 2 weeks is a good period for anyone to adjust their style and show if there are still problems with the system.

For example, from what I've seen so far it's much harder to bum rush people but some people like Ricochet9 have found new ways to pressure.
Ricohet90 has Haptic Feedback on so that's a special case.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:38 PM   #93
Banned

Quote:
what are the benefits of haptic feedback?
Old 08-10-2018, 05:50 PM   #94
Banned

It allows you to know when a strike is coming by a vibration. It even vibrates different for head shots compared to body or leg shots. Basically you can magically block everything because you know what’s coming. Most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard of for a ranked experience.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:31 PM   #95
MVP

Quote:
I was wondering how he was able to time things so well. I tried to simulate what he did and I would always get hit. Makes sense now.

Honestly, I might get flack for this, but if it's legal right now I don't see why all ranked players don't try to use it. I understand the purpose was out of good intention, but if it's a feature that gives you a great advantage like that then it falls into the category of weight cutting in the UFC, where out of good intentions it becomes a thing to abuse. Of course, when it's removed you definitely will be exposed if you end up relying on it so much, so that might be the problem.

Out of principle, im on the fence in trying it. There are a lot of things that I think are like having telekentic super powers, for example being able to see the grapple hud indicator on where a strike is coming so that you can strike cancel (which a lot of people rely on).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #96
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
It’s really exposing the amount of scrubs that just used relentless pressure before
Exposed is an understatement. These dudes who just pushed forward pre-patch are looking so lost right now. It feels so good to just be able to piece these idiots up. Finally!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »