Home

Live Tuner Set Update - Aug 9, 2018

This is a discussion on Live Tuner Set Update - Aug 9, 2018 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2018, 09:30 PM   #97
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Live Tuner Set Update - Aug 9, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
I was wondering how he was able to time things so well. I tried to simulate what he did and I would always get hit. Makes sense now.

Honestly, I might get flack for this, but if it's legal right now I don't see why all ranked players don't try to use it. I understand the purpose was out of good intention, but if it's a feature that gives you a great advantage like that then it falls into the category of weight cutting in the UFC, where out of good intentions it becomes a thing to abuse. Of course, when it's removed you definitely will be exposed if you end up relying on it so much, so that might be the problem.

Out of principle, im on the fence in trying it. There are a lot of things that I think are like having telekentic super powers, for example being able to see the grapple hud indicator on where a strike is coming so that you can strike cancel (which a lot of people rely on).
I'm not going to rely on some form of assistance that's borderline OP. I'm not playing UFC 3 to be like Goku using Ultra Instinct.

It's meant for disabled people. I'm not disabled. Therefore I'm not using it, nor am I going to stoop that low, I worked on my timing and I'm much more proud of being able to have my "great finishing ability" and patience due to practice rather than some cheap mechanic.
And explain that grapple hud indicator? Never heard of it until your post.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 08-10-2018 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:38 PM   #98
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
I'm not going to rely on some form of assistance that's borderline OP. I'm not playing UFC 3 to be like Goku using Ultra Instinct.

It's meant for disabled people. I'm not disabled. Therefore I'm not using it, nor am I going to stoop that low, I worked on my timing and I'm much more proud of being able to have my "great finishing ability" and patience due to practice rather than some cheap mechanic.
Yeah because WHEN they remove it from ranked that advatage is gonna become a major handicap.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:57 PM   #99
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII

ive been noticing since this patch an influx of diaz users who somehow can always tell where im striking.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:32 PM   #100
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
Yeah because WHEN they remove it from ranked that advatage is gonna become a major handicap.
If everybody were to start using this, it would be the matrix equivalent of Bobblehead Season 1.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:52 PM   #101
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Its so weird how different matchups play. I'm pretty even most of the time with flacco and he generally wins by holding me down on the ground most of the time.

With you it's more of a matter of your weird great finishing ability. I can drop u 4 times and then get rocked once and you know exactly what to throw to KO me. I always have to remember to "just block" against you and not sway.
Yes swaying at all against RomeroXVII is a death sentencein my experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 11:04 PM   #102
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
Yes swaying at all against RomeroXVII is a death sentencein my experience.
This is a problem in its self. You’re a division 4 player playing against a division 5 player with an unfair advantage because you can see his hud and he can’t see yours. This needs to stop next patch. No need to give a less skilled opponent (way less skilled opponent in this case as he is .500 at divison 4) an advantage to overcome the skill difference. He’s in that divison because he’s less skilled. If he wants to come to the big boys then all should be equal.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:24 PM   #103
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteshark209
This is a problem in its self. You’re a division 4 player playing against a division 5 player with an unfair advantage because you can see his hud and he can’t see yours. This needs to stop next patch. No need to give a less skilled opponent (way less skilled opponent in this case as he is .500 at divison 4) an advantage to overcome the skill difference. He’s in that divison because he’s less skilled. If he wants to come to the big boys then all should be equal.
It was quick match. Calm down.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:54 PM   #104
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteshark209
Disagree here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »