Home

Why can people play like terminators

This is a discussion on Why can people play like terminators within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 09:33 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why can people play like terminators

..at the same time, is an easy solution for the Developers.

I think 2% more long-term estamina cost for blocked strikes is needed, would be PERFECT imo.

Last edited by The meticulous Esp; 01-09-2019 at 09:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2019, 09:36 PM   #66
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The meticulous Esp
..at the same time, is an easy solution for the Developers.

I think only 2% more long-term estamina cost, would be enough.
2% for each strike that hits the block?
Old 01-09-2019, 09:37 PM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
Imo keep parrys and hand fighting seperate, two different issues.
Parries are a type of hand fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That doesnt seem to be the game that everyone wants though. Ranked comp fighters are against stamina increases tied strictly to output. The devs are also concerned that new and casual players (who typically have high output) will be discouraged if they are gassing in the 2nd round simply because they threw alot of strikes.

The solution is to add a sim stamina mode online for people like the folks here at OS who want more realistic stamina but there are also concerns that adding that to ranked online will split the user base and make it harder to find fights.
Yeah I wouldn't mind a sim stamina option for quick match. If ranked people don't want it, keep it out of ranked.

How is the devs being concerned about new/casual players being discouraged by sim stamina any different than being concerned with casuals being discouraged by being grappled extensively or being overwhelmed by pressure. It is a part of the sport.

Quote:
So making them harder will make people more likely to use them? Sorry I'm confused because I thought the complaint we were talking about was people was ways to decrease the connect %.
Parries divert strikes whereas blocking absorbs strikes. Which would allow for less damage taken and if arm damage meant more than it does would wear out the arms less- which means more retained speed and power.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:42 PM   #68
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Parries are a type of hand fighting.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a sim stamina option for quick match. If ranked people don't want it, keep it out of ranked.

How is the devs being concerned about new/casual players being discouraged by sim stamina any different than being concerned with casuals being discouraged by being grappled extensively or being overwhelmed by pressure. It is a part of the sport.

Parries divert strikes whereas blocking absorbs strikes. Which would allow for less damage taken and if arm damage meant more than it does would wear out the arms less- which means more retained speed and power.
New players dont consistently run into grapplers in ranked because they are typically matched up with new or lower skilled fighters. Those fighters typically prefer to stand up and havent mastered the grappling mechanics. They've also found that many of those new fighters dont have a problem with having aggressive phone booth fights. Many play the game for fun and arent overly concerned about the things like strike output and accuracy percentage that people here are.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:47 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
2% for each strike that hits the block?
I was talking about the general stamina for blocked strikes, not the long term stamina, sorry.

By the way, 2% less accuracy in all fighters would be also welcome.. imo

Last edited by The meticulous Esp; 01-09-2019 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:49 PM   #70
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The meticulous Esp
Yes, 2% less accuracy in all fighters would be also welcome imo
So lets say in the average UFC 3 fight, a fighter lands 60% of their strikes. You would be satisfied with 58%? I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:49 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
So making them harder will make people more likely to use them? Sorry I'm confused because I thought the complaint we were talking about was people was ways to decrease the connect %.
That was a reply to your last point about the counter window. Parries were used as they were really easy plus large counter window. I was adding to your point. Making things harder doesnt mean they wont be used, just not as effective as ufc 2 parries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2019, 09:56 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
New players dont consistently run into grapplers in ranked because they are typically matched up with new or lower skilled fighters. Those fighters typically prefer to stand up and havent mastered the grappling mechanics. They've also found that many of those new fighters dont have a problem with having aggressive phone booth fights. Many play the game for fun and arent overly concerned about the things like strike output and accuracy percentage that people here are.
But they do run into them, they may be discouraged when they are stifled. They may be discouraged by complex controls. They may be discouraged by constantly being stunned, or what is admitted to be a high learning curve game.

They may be discouraged by the limited tutorials which hampers their enjoyment of the game since casuals and new players are less likely to seek forums to actually learn the meta.

There are sacrifices that have to be made for the greater good, there were already sacrifices made which make up for a more authentic and immersive game- which helps gain more goodwill, which by word of mouth gives the game a better public perception. There could be an arcade setting as well.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »