Home

Top players: do you use a new gen console and/or monitor?

This is a discussion on Top players: do you use a new gen console and/or monitor? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2019, 09:44 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Top players: do you use a new gen console and/or monitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmuted
and i’m on a regular ps4 and i’ll just say you’re at a major disadvantage. on the ground their denial windows feel huge compared to mine, and denying anything on reaction is basically impossible

there’s people who literally could never come close to beating me, who can beat me now after switching to a pro
Can definitely second this after getting a pro a few months ago. Before I got the pro denials and high low block were a lot harder now I feel like I can deny a lot better and block a lot better, people playing on older system are definitely at a huge disadvantage dunno why they can't sacrifice some visuals for 60 fps on the normal system it's kinda ridiculous considering ps3 undisputed 3 had 60 fps lmao.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2019, 12:28 AM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Youll have an easier time but probably still get starched. Learn momentum transitions and knowing where your opponent will go will be much easier. People favor the fast transitions which are mostly momentum transitions and not possible to deny reactively. The difference betweeen top 100s and you is simple. You wait on someone to attempt to fullguard deny. We know your going to full guard so we predeny half guard. Noone fakes on me in half guard. Lol.
Don't know what's with the condescending attitude and the top 100 talk again. People literally see things before me - they can deny on reaction, I can't. I was asking how the whole thing works. In UFC 2 anyone that transitioned up from sprawl I guillotined on reaction. In UFC 3 there are like 3 transitions I can deny on reaction if I'm really fast, the rest I have to predeny which I try and do. The problem is that many other people seemingly don't need to do that, they see it and deny it.

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 04-01-2019 at 03:52 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:00 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmoke
Can definitely second this after getting a pro a few months ago. Before I got the pro denials and high low block were a lot harder now I feel like I can deny a lot better and block a lot better, people playing on older system are definitely at a huge disadvantage dunno why they can't sacrifice some visuals for 60 fps on the normal system it's kinda ridiculous considering ps3 undisputed 3 had 60 fps lmao.
I wondered too: when i was in div 4 at the start of last season and earlier this season, matches were much less likely to feel lagged and unresponsive even when competitive. Like i have 5 bar matches where i can't seem to make half the strikes come out.

Once in Div 5 similarly skilled people are starching me cause i'm getting so many dropped inputs and laggy nonsense. Could the interaction of a ps4 pro and a normal ps4 cause additional input problems? More people in the top divisions will have pros, so maybe thats why the performance gets worse more often as you move up the ranks?
Old 04-01-2019, 11:32 AM   #44
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
So let me get this straight - if I theoretically get a gaming monitor but stay with the OG console, and play a guy with a Pro, the gameplay discrepancy would be gone and he won't be seeing things before I do?
Not necessarily seeing things before you do, that's a misconception. It's responsiveness.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:46 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Not necessarily seeing things before you do, that's a misconception. It's responsiveness.
I was trying to get some clarity, can't say I did lol. I'm seeing all sorts of different responses, from (paraphrasing) "the Pro makes a huge difference", to "it's actually about the monitor, not the console" to "it's actually about skill and technology has nothing to do with it" to "you see things earlier" to "you don't actually see things earlier". So yeah, plenty's been said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2019, 01:07 PM   #46
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
I was trying to get some clarity, can't say I did lol. I'm seeing all sorts of different responses, from (paraphrasing) "the Pro makes a huge difference", to "it's actually about the monitor, not the console" to "it's actually about skill and technology has nothing to do with it" to "you see things earlier" to "you don't actually see things earlier". So yeah, plenty's been said.
It's responsiveness with regards to grappling is the 'advantage', the striking looks smoother but there's no advantage with regards to the striking if you have a PS4 Pro vs a regular Pro.

With the Monitor added in, it would enhance the responsiveness.

Uni-Bot is one of the best players by far when it comes to the ground, and he doesn't have a Monitor or a Pro. However, he is the outlier because he knows the grappling system in and out since UFC 2.

One can have the Pro and a Monitor, but it doesn't make you a beast just because you have it. You still need to know how to time your strikes, you still have to recognize transitions and the directions that they go, and you also have to learn about manipulating GA.

When I first started playing the game, I didn't have either up until Season 7-8. That being said, I was still consistently beating guys who had both the Pro and Monitor.

Aside from UFC 3, I got myself the monitor since I don't like taking up the TV in the living room and I rather have something for myself, and I was sharing the regular PS4 with my brothers, so if I was going to get myself something, might as well get the latest thing.

I would recommend the VG245H Gaming Monitor, it's cheap compared to those other 'high end' monitors and works well + doesn't take much space. If you're looking to get a Pro, just trade in your old PS4 to save cash when you purchase it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Old 04-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #47
Rookie

As I stated earlier , the monitor will help a little bit.

But it will not turn you into a pro over night.

The difference between a tv and monitor isn’t night and day , it’s a small difference and will only matter at the absolute highest levels
Old 04-01-2019, 01:33 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
It's responsiveness with regards to grappling is the 'advantage', the striking looks smoother but there's no advantage with regards to the striking if you have a PS4 Pro vs a regular Pro.

With the Monitor added in, it would enhance the responsiveness.

Uni-Bot is one of the best players by far when it comes to the ground, and he doesn't have a Monitor or a Pro. However, he is the outlier because he knows the grappling system in and out since UFC 2.

One can have the Pro and a Monitor, but it doesn't make you a beast just because you have it. You still need to know how to time your strikes, you still have to recognize transitions and the directions that they go, and you also have to learn about manipulating GA.

When I first started playing the game, I didn't have either up until Season 7-8. That being said, I was still consistently beating guys who had both the Pro and Monitor.

Aside from UFC 3, I got myself the monitor since I don't like taking up the TV in the living room and I rather have something for myself, and I was sharing the regular PS4 with my brothers, so if I was going to get myself something, might as well get the latest thing.

I would recommend the VG245H Gaming Monitor, it's cheap compared to those other 'high end' monitors and works well + doesn't take much space. If you're looking to get a Pro, just trade in your old PS4 to save cash when you purchase it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Thank you, that was rather concise and I think helped me understand better. Obviously I had never thought that the very possession of better equipment alone would make you a worldbeater. That's ridiculous. But I wanted to know just how much of an edge it gave you. Because I could definitely feel like the game isn't quite responsive on my TV and PS4 but it looks so smooth on people who have Pro's videos. That, combined with the numerous comments by all sorts of players that it makes a big difference in experience just consolidated this impression. But yeah, I never thought that just having good equipment endows you with godlike skills, just that it makes a difference in experience. As for upgrading, that's not really on my to-do list, but thanks for your recommendation, I'll have it mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »