Home

Strike output and stamina

This is a discussion on Strike output and stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murrayís Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2019, 10:59 PM   #25
MVP
 
RomeroXVII's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2018
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
Here's the problem with that: even a little lag, and head-movement can become useless. I had a fight yesterday with a jab spammer, head-movement failed me 4 times in a row with just a tiny bit of lag, 5th time it works only to go right into a hook.

Not only that, jab might be safe-ish, but when you can spam 150 jabs against the block and have 90 % stamina while your opponent has 0 head health thats a problem. Jabs drain an extremely large amount of head health given their relatively low damage. Even lunges will fail miserably with just a tiny bit of lag.

Here's another example which i think illustrates why the pressure meta and stamina are exactly related: Go into practice mode. For my labbing i used TJ. I threw 45 rear overhands at air (singles letting stamina regen fully each time) , and had only 50% long term stamina. If you throw the same number and hit your opponent, you will have about 80% stamina left. That means that a whiffed strike costs 2.5 times the long term stamina than a landed strike. So of course people stick to you and throw with impunity while distance fighters are punished massively for every miss. **** you can throw 5 rear roundhouses without losing a single shred of stamina if they all land.

Look a few posts up, I posted something you're going to like that will help back your argument.

*edit* Hooker fight didn't capture completely, but I got me taking a massive L to a friend who was using GSP, threw 236 strikes to my 113 and had a SIGNIFICANT stamina advantage since he was just mushing up my block.

I'll post it on here once I cover the names since we were on our alts.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 05-10-2019 at 07:42 AM.
RomeroXVII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2019, 07:08 PM   #26
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2018
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Look a few posts up, I posted something you're going to like that will help back your argument.

*edit* Hooker fight didn't capture completely, but I got me taking a massive L to a friend who was using GSP, threw 236 strikes to my 113 and had a SIGNIFICANT stamina advantage since he was just mushing up my block.

I'll post it on here once I cover the names since we were on our alts.
Its tough going for those of us who want to pick our shots and be strategic, when fighting the mad pressure guys. It often feels like just avoiding takes more stamina than throwing nonstop
HereticFighter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:15 PM   #27
Nogueira connoisseur
 
Find_the_Door's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,534
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
Its tough going for those of us who want to pick our shots and be strategic, when fighting the mad pressure guys. It often feels like just avoiding takes more stamina than throwing nonstop
Which is way way backwards - that said avoiding is also overly effective as well but the trade off is that it's literally the skill gap.
__________________
Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira - UFC Hall of Fame
Find_the_Door is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:54 PM   #28
MVP
 
WarMMA's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Negative, there is a stamina tax for blocked strikes, the thing is the block is just as strong to avoid 'turtling".

I do agree it should be higher for sure. Or once you hit a certain amount of strikes thrown the drain increases. Say after you throw 70 strikes on the feet, the drain increases slightly. Not drastically.
Pretty much this. Doesn't have to be anything drastic, but something needs to be done.
WarMMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:48 PM   #29
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2018
Re: Strike output and stamina

You should never be able to get max Holloway output from conor mcgregor that simple. Nate blocked most of his shots along with a little head movement and gassed him in both fights. Blocked or not blocked that’s not fair nor is it realistic. For some reason ea thinks we want an arcade game. When everyone I talk says they don’t continue to play cuz it’s not realistic. Jon anik had a line early in the game about rock em sock em robots. It was patched out mysteriously. Probably because well the games rock em sock em robots
1212headkick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:03 PM   #30
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Which is way way backwards - that said avoiding is also overly effective as well but the trade off is that it's literally the skill gap.
The problem is, u can be a high output guy that pressure using defensive tools, but u canít pick shots and be successful as guys with high outputs, itís really hard
bmlimo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:06 PM   #31
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
You should never be able to get max Holloway output from conor mcgregor that simple. Nate blocked most of his shots along with a little head movement and gassed him in both fights. Blocked or not blocked thatís not fair nor is it realistic. For some reason ea thinks we want an arcade game. When everyone I talk says they donít continue to play cuz itís not realistic. Jon anik had a line early in the game about rock em sock em robots. It was patched out mysteriously. Probably because well the games rock em sock em robots
Now aholbert will state that u canít say that everyone doesnít want an arcade game, and he is right.
Iím with you , I donít know weíre they got this feedback that arcade is fun, who provide them this feedback?
bmlimo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #32
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2018
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
Now aholbert will state that u can’t say that everyone doesn’t want an arcade game, and he is right.
I’m with you , I don’t know we’re they got this feedback that arcade is fun, who provide them this feedback?
I don’t trust his opinions because he’ll play both sides instead of sticking to his guns. Basically the people who want easy knockouts and have no sound defense want the game like this. It’s easier to pressure than outside fight and that’s inherently wrong. We need to remove the execution frame penalty from taller fighters. They’re already not on equal footing with damage. We need better lateral movement. The more realistic you make the game the more balance will become apparent

Last edited by 1212headkick; 05-12-2019 at 05:34 PM.
1212headkick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Top -