Home

Do we think 4 will be announced at 244?

This is a discussion on Do we think 4 will be announced at 244? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2019, 05:20 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Do we think 4 will be announced at 244?

My Hobby Sherlock Holmes in me tells me that we are not so far away from an announcement.

Its a good sign when the DEVs are around here. Usually they are MIA during developement and only come back to chat if the time allows it.

Ive seen Skynet on here too yesterday. And GPD 3 days in a row.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2019, 05:27 PM   #82
Banned

Guess who I just spotted?

Bassi.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:34 PM   #83
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats kind of Tomi's point. If the devs came here and said that the new game has "DYNAMIC KNOCKOUTS" and "BRAND NEW UFC INTERACTIVE GRAPPLING SYSTEM"....that tells you nothing.

It doesnt mean that you will like the changes. It doesnt even tell you what the changes are. The "new grappling" could be a sim players dream with a ton of depth or it could be a simplified version that people will hate. "Dynamic" is just an adjective that could be taken to mean lots of things.

I get it. Its hard to be patient. **** even for me. I know a good amount about the next game but many of the things I care about (offline modes, roster, release date), I have no idea about.

With that said, the game could be released any time in the first 7 mos of 2020 so getting information this early isnt necessary unless EA plans to release the game in Jan/Feb. Each day that passes with out info that becomes less likely.
No, doesnt mean we will like the changes I agree.....but what it does mean is that they made changes to the ground game so that's at least something for us to mull over. Look I'm not looking for a 28 page write up of every detail but maybe just some vague hints at what we may have to look forward to.....or just anything at this point......just to pump some life back into this forum, to get us conversing, hype us up like they do before every other game. I love the brotherhood that this place shows in the months leading up to a new UFC game, you know, before the game releases and we are all at each others throats arguing about what needs to be fixed, who is using cheap tactics, why so and so is only rated an 84 OVR, etc.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:58 PM   #84
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
No, doesnt mean we will like the changes I agree.....but what it does mean is that they made changes to the ground game so that's at least something for us to mull over. Look I'm not looking for a 28 page write up of every detail but maybe just some vague hints at what we may have to look forward to.....or just anything at this point......just to pump some life back into this forum, to get us conversing, hype us up like they do before every other game. I love the brotherhood that this place shows in the months leading up to a new UFC game, you know, before the game releases and we are all at each others throats arguing about what needs to be fixed, who is using cheap tactics, why so and so is only rated an 84 OVR, etc.
I envy your optimism. I honestly do. I had it back in UFC2. I played the game twice in a 3 month period and couldnt wait for the trailer to drop. I thought the community would be excited about it and it would be awesome.

....and then it dropped and the old EA forums spent the majority of the time complaining because they had a clip of Aldo doing a spinning backfist and people thought he shouldnt have one.

The excitement seems to be short here too. Trailer comes out...people compliment and then nitpick...beta comes out...people compliment then complain then people respond its a beta....roster comes out...inevitably people are dissapointed because X fighter isnt in the game...game comes out...people love it for a week and then glitches and exploits are found and the complaining starts.

Ive been watching sports game releases for over 30 years. IMO, from a business perspective the best releases are always the ones that happen in a short window. You drop so many videos, information and blog posts on their heads that buyers dont have the time to nit pick about anything that is missing...at least until they buy the game. NBA 2k does that now and it works for them.

From a buyers perspective, I tend to like a balance. I want enough information that I know what I'm buying and enough to get excited about it but I dont like to be strung along. I hate situations like GTA where they drop a trailer announce a date and then delay the game months because the game isnt ready. I dont want to get stuck watching a trailer or reading a blog post for a game that wont be out for 6 more months.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:00 PM   #85
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
You're trying to kill some people on this board aren't you

Really hope any new major systems are playtested to death to minimize this.

Of course, a 2-week Open Beta, 2 months prior to launch, would be ideal to try and work out the kinks and identify cheeze tactics ....

I know the game won't be balanced perfectly at launch, but really hope we won't have to wait for a few patches & half dozen tuners to make it competitive and fair online.

Good luck GPD, GCers, and everyone involved, the fate of the MMA Video Gaming World rests on your shoulders --------------- !
I doubt that will be the case. I do think that EA wouldve considered it if this was an earlier version of the series. Gamers are always hungry for sports games when new consoles release so im sure the sales wouldve been decent just like FN3's were. The downside is that at launch not a huge number of people own the consoles so thats a negative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2019, 08:28 PM   #86
Rookie

Thanks lol.....not sure I would completely label my statement optimism......I was more or less alluding to the fact that people will do a 180 once the actual game comes out. Everybody will be in great spirits when details emerge, excitement will build, people will generally be optimistic, first trailer launches with short clips and all the momentum peaks, remember UFC 3; "MAN DOMINICK CRUZ' FOOTWORK LOOKS SPOT ON!!". The game comes out and blah blah blah, "its rockem sockem robots, the ground game hasnt changed a bit, they didnt get the move sets 100% accurate" etc.

Heres another trend I have noticed in the last several years......the game they were trashing so vehemently the last couple of years suddenly gets praised when the new iteration comes out. People on here bashed UFC 2 SO HARD.....UFC 3 comes out and magically UFC 2 all of a sudden wasnt so bad ......"they shouldn't have changed the striking, it was almost perfect" etc. Prime example, UFC Undisputed 3 so many years ago, absolutely got torn to shreds on so many message boards at the time, and now it's being praised as THE best MMA game ever, hands down, so revolutionary that the newer UFC games cant touch it almost 8 years later.

So what sucks today will be awesome years from now so be prepared to hear glowing comments about EA UFC 3 a few weeks after launch of UFC 4. Mark my words.......it'll come to pass lol, seen it so many times before.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:20 PM   #87
Banned

Expect a march release with a re release on ps5. That's my guess
Old 11-06-2019, 09:00 AM   #88
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Expect a march release with a re release on ps5. That's my guess
PS5 will most likely be compatible with all PS4 releases so that a re-release would not be required. It would be nice if it can get an upgrade to make use of the extra specs it is going to carry though.

UFC 3 was quite the surprise with its February release, that was much sooner than anyone expected. The next 2 weeks are going to be interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »