Home

Do we think 4 will be announced at 244?

This is a discussion on Do we think 4 will be announced at 244? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2019, 07:37 PM   #65
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Do we think 4 will be announced at 244?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
You must have not been looking in the right places because there was plenty of available info and screen shots of RDR 2 months before release, they just weren't "officially" released by Rockstar. And you're right it's not a good comparison using a mega production title with a biannual sports title, but even 2K, Madden, and MLB The Show have SOME bit of info available farther than 2 months out from release date. Again, I'm not expecting video, gameplay, etc just maybe a little bit of info, maybe what we can expect to be improved upon , career mode details,info like that.
....and EA does the same for UFC. EA released info for UFC 3, 3 mos before release. For UFC 2, EA released info four months before release.

The issue is everyone is assuming that the game is coming out in February. If thats the case, they will likely release info in the next week or so. If that isnt the case, EA will likely not release info for a few more weeks or maybe even months depending on when the game is released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2019, 07:46 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 0

It wouldn't be the end of the world to just admit that everyone is a little bored.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2019, 10:07 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
It wouldn't be the end of the world to just admit that everyone is a little bored.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Man actually that's pretty accurate. I just want that feeling like when I played Undisputed 3 for the first time and was completely blown away by the leaps and bounds of the improvements over its predecessor, and realistically theres no way in hell this is going to happen with the next EA UFC. I think realistically I expect to see hopefully a new grappling system, changes to the submission system, an updated roster,a few new venues, maybe a new game mode, a rehashed career mode, maybe a few new moves and animations, some updated commentary,and........that's about it. Oh yeah, and another god awful soundtrack with more mumble rap, lots of hip hop, and maybe 1 alternative rock song, from some no name band. I think my expectations are going to be eerily accurate with the finished product.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:49 AM   #68
Pro

Quote:
You must have not been looking in the right places because there was plenty of available info and screen shots of RDR 2 months before release, they just weren't "officially" released by Rockstar. And you're right it's not a good comparison using a mega production title with a biannual sports title, but even 2K, Madden, and MLB The Show have SOME bit of info available farther than 2 months out from release date. Again, I'm not expecting video, gameplay, etc just maybe a little bit of info, maybe what we can expect to be improved upon , career mode details,info like that.
I don't care about marketing speeches and random cherry-picked pictures. Would it really make you all that excited if the devs came here and said that the new game has "DYNAMIC KNOCKOUTS" and "BRAND NEW UFC INTERACTIVE GRAPPLING SYSTEM tm" without any actual unedited gameplay?

Having free public betas is a much stronger sign of confidence than showing screenshots.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:50 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
I don't care about marketing speeches and random cherry-picked pictures. Would it really make you all that excited if the devs came here and said that the new game has "DYNAMIC KNOCKOUTS" and "BRAND NEW UFC INTERACTIVE GRAPPLING SYSTEM tm" without any actual unedited gameplay?

Having free public betas is a much stronger sign of confidence than showing screenshots.
Actually, that would be cool to hear what all is being improved,changed, upgraded, and added. It's at least something, to get some idea what their main focus was on improving, so to answer your question, yes, yes that would be cool if the devs came in here and said a few words about the upcoming game. Sure, video would be better but info would give us something to work with until footage is available
Old 11-05-2019, 03:58 PM   #70
Pro

I just want to see the game in action. Preferably nothing so flashy its hard to tell what is dynamic and what is scripted, but honestly I just want to see it.

Obviously a beta would be best case scenario though.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:14 PM   #71
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Actually, that would be cool to hear what all is being improved,changed, upgraded, and added. It's at least something, to get some idea what their main focus was on improving, so to answer your question, yes, yes that would be cool if the devs came in here and said a few words about the upcoming game. Sure, video would be better but info would give us something to work with until footage is available
Thats kind of Tomi's point. If the devs came here and said that the new game has "DYNAMIC KNOCKOUTS" and "BRAND NEW UFC INTERACTIVE GRAPPLING SYSTEM"....that tells you nothing.

It doesnt mean that you will like the changes. It doesnt even tell you what the changes are. The "new grappling" could be a sim players dream with a ton of depth or it could be a simplified version that people will hate. "Dynamic" is just an adjective that could be taken to mean lots of things.

I get it. Its hard to be patient. **** even for me. I know a good amount about the next game but many of the things I care about (offline modes, roster, release date), I have no idea about.

With that said, the game could be released any time in the first 7 mos of 2020 so getting information this early isnt necessary unless EA plans to release the game in Jan/Feb. Each day that passes with out info that becomes less likely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2019, 04:20 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats kind of Tomi's point. If the devs came here and said that the new game has "DYNAMIC KNOCKOUTS" and "BRAND NEW UFC INTERACTIVE GRAPPLING SYSTEM"....that tells you nothing.

It doesnt mean that you will like the changes. It doesnt even tell you what the changes are. The "new grappling" could be a sim players dream with a ton of depth or it could be a simplified version that people will hate. "Dynamic" is just an adjective that could be taken to mean lots of things.

I get it. Its hard to be patient. **** even for me. I know a good amount about the next game but many of the things I care about (offline modes, roster, release date), I have no idea about.

With that said, the game could be released any time in the first 7 mos of 2020 so getting information this early isnt necessary unless EA plans to release the game in Jan/Feb. Each day that passes with out info that becomes less likely.
Whoa, first 7 months now?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »