Home

Do we think 4 will be announced at 244?

This is a discussion on Do we think 4 will be announced at 244? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2019, 01:43 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Do we think 4 will be announced at 244?

Even if its releasing mid/late 2020 the dead silence about UFC 4 is killing me. Im really annoyed atm.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:32 PM   #98
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
Even if its releasing mid/late 2020 the dead silence about UFC 4 is killing me. Im really annoyed atm.
Strangely enough I actually had a dream about the release date last night. I dreamt that the game is mostly done and they are just going to spend 3 - 4 months polishing it before release to avoid a scenario like they had with UFC 3. So I’m hoping March or April is right so we can at least hear something in December.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:41 PM   #99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack33
Strangely enough I actually had a dream about the release date last night. I dreamt that the game is mostly done and they are just going to spend 3 - 4 months polishing it before release to avoid a scenario like they had with UFC 3.
"Call me Mystic Mac because i predict deez tings"
Old 11-18-2019, 08:05 AM   #100
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
"Call me Mystic Mac because i predict deez tings"
*Mystic MacAttack
Old 11-18-2019, 03:17 PM   #101
Pro

Do we think 4 will be announced at 244?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack33
Strangely enough I actually had a dream about the release date last night. I dreamt that the game is mostly done and they are just going to spend 3 - 4 months polishing it before release to avoid a scenario like they had with UFC 3. So I’m hoping March or April is right so we can at least hear something in December.

Couple things. 1st, regardless of how many bugs you squash, it takes the game being played by the masses to find them all. 2nd, the player base is also responsible for game balancing as gaming the game, exploits and best practices develop after release. 3rd, UFC 3’s striking was built from the ground up and needed a ton of care, similar to UFC 1. The stand up for UFC 4 should have a similar evolution arc to UFC 2, in just doing everything better to the pre existing mechanics. If clinch and ground go through a revamp for UFC 4, no doubt there will be issues post launch. Last, post UFC 3 launch the team did a great job of balancing the game, eliminating exploits and adding content no matter how you felt the state of the game was in at that time. Why wouldn’t you give the devs the benefit of the doubt? They’ve earned that, no? I’ll guess a May/June window.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2019, 10:10 PM   #102
Rookie

I think it’s safe to say at this point this entry won’t be releasing in line with the previous two titles. I’m guessing we’ll hear about it in January or February with release in May or June.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:53 PM   #103
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Couple things. 1st, regardless of how many bugs you squash, it takes the game being played by the masses to find them all. 2nd, the player base is also responsible for game balancing as gaming the game, exploits and best practices develop after release. 3rd, UFC 3’s striking was built from the ground up and needed a ton of care, similar to UFC 1. The stand up for UFC 4 should have a similar evolution arc to UFC 2, in just doing everything better to the pre existing mechanics. If clinch and ground go through a revamp for UFC 4, no doubt there will be issues post launch. Last, post UFC 3 launch the team did a great job of balancing the game, eliminating exploits and adding content no matter how you felt the state of the game was in at that time. Why wouldn’t you give the devs the benefit of the doubt? They’ve earned that, no? I’ll guess a May/June window.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
You are not wrong. Bugs, cheese and glitches are unpreventable. I would rather do it like in UFC 3 where the community helped fixing the game that was fun. But I also would like to have a perfect polished game at release but history told us that something like a perfect game is almost impossible these days.

I think closed Alpha, Beta testing should ALWAYS be done. And then after the feedback open it up for everyone.

Yeah it costs money, but its not like EA has no money left. NBA Live was completely canceled. There is money left. A lot.

Last edited by That Ragdoll Guy; 11-18-2019 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:56 AM   #104
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
You are not wrong. Bugs, cheese and glitches are unpreventable. I would rather do it like in UFC 3 where the community helped fixing the game that was fun. But I also would like to have a perfect polished game at release but history told us that something like a perfect game is almost impossible these days.

I think closed Alpha, Beta testing should ALWAYS be done. And then after the feedback open it up for everyone.

Yeah it costs money, but its not like EA has no money left. NBA Live was completely canceled. There is money left. A lot.
That actually is an argument that EA blew alot of money. They actually developed NBA Live 20 and there production team was and still is getting paid (they recently updated NBA Live 19). The problem is EA didnt release a game so they arent getting any revenue from that series while spending money to develop the game.

To your point, as you said, a polished perfect game is impossible. The team did closed Alpha testing (with their team of game testers consistently) and a beta last time and there were still a bunch of bugs, glitches and exploits. There isnt a single sports games that gets released "perfect"

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »