Home

MartialMind and UD3

This is a discussion on MartialMind and UD3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2020, 05:18 PM   #89
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MartialMind and UD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Theres a difference between duplicating and continuing off of benchmarks already set instead of taking four games and still not having an industry standard mma game. What needs to be done is copy and paste ud3 grappling and fix its bugs and use the glorious rpm tech we have on the feet with it. Ea took fortnite with apex and made it better. This is not unfeasible. Listening to the majority is not unfeasible

I’m not going to waste my time in addressing your “we are the majority” bull**** when you know this site and the people you poll aren’t the majority.

If you were the majority, ea would be listening to you. You know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-21-2020, 05:26 PM   #90
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
This is an incredibly niche game. Plenty people want a "management mode" in the same vein as other EA Sports games, an issues like that should be brought up

Not to mention you just said; there's nothing else to talk about. So I find it weird that you complain about bringing up things that are super niche.
Literally no one here is complaining.

I was responding.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-21-2020, 05:30 PM   #91
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I’m not going to waste my time in addressing your “we are the majority” bull**** when you know this site and the people you poll aren’t the majority.

If you were the majority, ea would be listening to you. You know that.

So reddit isnt considered the majority? Or meta critic?

https://www.reddit.com/r/EASportsUFC...ments_view_all

This is why we need more than just the gc program (dev play days) because we have a select few representing the masses they cant possibly engage with one on one and get the full scoop. You guys do your part (romero martial and zhunter mainly even though indont always agree with him) but for this style of game the program isnt as effective as its uncharted territory.

Ud3 metacritic score

https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...c-undisputed-3

Ea sports ufc 3 metacritic score

https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...a-sports-ufc-3

Undisputed 3 is rated at least 3 times higher lmao and ea ufc 3 has a 3.8 score for user reviews. And we all know those are the ones that matter the most. Noone goes in Amazon and buys a product because a company said too.

Ez

Last edited by 1212headkick; 02-21-2020 at 05:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2020, 05:32 PM   #92
Rookie

EA’s ground game needs to be deeper. More positions, more scrambles that trigger from different actions, more options for the bottom defender such as Ground Sways and wrist control.

If I remember UD3 correctly, they allowed for pre-emptive transition blocks right? EA should adopt a hybrid of that and reactionary blocks.

For example, if I’m on bottom side control, I should be able to hold a transition block to Mount. While holding, my fighter will bring his leg/knee up to prevent it.

This will force the top fighter to work for mount access, either by landing strikes to break my block(similar to ea block breaks for standup). Or by baiting me into defending other transition directions - like side saddle, Crucifix or North South attempts.

As the bottom fighter, my pre-block is also a strategic option. By blocking I could bait my opponent into an easily reversed transition by steering him toward a North/South transition. This is how BJJ works in many ways, you set traps by presenting a path to your opponent only to capitalize on it when they go down it.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:38 PM   #93
Rookie

Right now, with EA’s ground game, it’s all reactionary, there is no setting traps or bait. The deepest thing they have is transition fakes. Which should remain, but with only allowing reactionary blocks, the fakes become too easy to pull off.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:38 PM   #94
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
MartialMind and UD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
So reddit isnt considered the majority? Or meta critic?

https://www.reddit.com/r/EASportsUFC...ments_view_all

This is why we need more than just the gc program (dev play days) because we have a select few representing the masses they cant possibly engage with one on one and get the full scoop. You guys do your part (romero martial and zhunter mainly even though indont always agree with him) but for this style of game the program isnt as effective as its uncharted territory.

Correct. Reddit isn’t the majority and neither is meta critic.

The devs are aware of OS. They are aware of these threads. They have been aware of them before you even came here. Nothing has happened. There hasn’t been much movement to the UD3 related suggestions you’ve made. It’s about time you get a clue and recognize that it probably isn’t happening.

It has nothing to do with the gcs. EA plans the direction of this series and Ea doesn’t seem to be moving in the direction you want it.

Old 02-21-2020, 05:38 PM   #95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
EA’s ground game needs to be deeper. More positions, more scrambles that trigger from different actions, more options for the bottom defender such as Ground Sways and wrist control.

If I remember UD3 correctly, they allowed for pre-emptive transition blocks right? EA should adopt a hybrid of that and reactionary blocks.

For example, if I’m on bottom side control, I should be able to hold a transition block to Mount. While holding, my fighter will bring his leg/knee up to prevent it.

This will force the top fighter to work for mount access, either by landing strikes to break my block(similar to ea block breaks for standup). Or by baiting me into defending other transition directions - like side saddle, Crucifix or North South attempts.

As the bottom fighter, my pre-block is also a strategic option. By blocking I could bait my opponent into an easily reversed transition by steering him toward a North/South transition. This is how BJJ works in many ways, you set traps by presenting a path to your opponent only to capitalize on it when they go down it.
This guy gets it. Take something and MAKE IT BETTER. Cheers to you lad for not having tunnel vision
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2020, 05:45 PM   #96
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Correct. Reddit isn’t the majority and neither is meta critic.

The devs are aware of OS. They are aware of these threads. They have been aware of them before you even came here. Nothing has happened. There hasn’t been much movement to the UD3 related suggestions you’ve made. It’s about time you get a clue and recognize that it probably isn’t happening.

It has nothing to do with the gcs. EA plans the direction of this series and Ea doesn’t seem to be moving in the direction you want it.

Really reddit one if the biggest forums and metacritic one of the leaders in game reviews sites isnt the majority? What is then? That's very....odd so your saying making the game better isnt the direction they want to go? Hmm interesting

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »