Home

PES 17: Things to improve on

This is a discussion on PES 17: Things to improve on within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2016, 07:35 PM   #25
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: PES 17: Things to improve on

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashik
Too few fouls? I'm seeing tons of fouls.

Makes me want to bring up another point... Slide tackles are terrible!! You can't slide to block a passing or shooting lane, it just locks you in on the player and shoots you towards their feet like a rocket.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Totally agree! Next time you play, do me a favour, and do some slide tackles while holding the manual button, or super cancel. I only managed to play half of a half before my daughter woke up, but I swear there was a difference in one of them. Not sure if it was placebo or not. I sincerely hope not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2016, 09:15 PM   #26
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

OVR: 0

How many minutes are you playing?

What difficulty level?

I've been playing on Professional, 25 minutes, and nothing manual and inhav quite a wide variety of scores. I've had a couple 1-0s, even a 0-0, but plenty of 2 and 3 goal games as well. Are you just not converting on scoring chances or not enough chances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtlm6
I am pro-PES (but not anti-FIFA) and I was excited about the use of option files for the 2017 game. It has been great to have authentic uniforms for Premier League, Bundesliga and MLS teams (among others). However, I am not crazy with how hard it is to score goals. I'm in the minority but I love the way PES 2016 played. Yes, the GK gave up a lot of goals but it worked both ways and it was a lot of fun. Now, I either win or lose a lot of games 1-0. If I could have option files for 2016, I would go back to that game. For Black Friday, I purchased FIFA 17. I have generally always purchased both games but inevitably trade in FIFA as I just like PES better. I will always prefer PES but this is an issue for me with the lack of goal scoring.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:54 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmel07
How many minutes are you playing?

What difficulty level?

I've been playing on Professional, 25 minutes, and nothing manual and inhav quite a wide variety of scores. I've had a couple 1-0s, even a 0-0, but plenty of 2 and 3 goal games as well. Are you just not converting on scoring chances or not enough chances?
I don't find scoring to be an issue but it all depends on game length, game speed, difficulty level, and to a lesser extent, tactics.

I'm pretty amateur when it comes to soccer games so I started PES 2017 on normal level, 9 minutes, and the fastest game speed. Playing ML mode I started in Italy div 2 and did pretty well with many 1-0 or 2-1 games which is pretty realistic. I took a contract offer with Levante in Spanish div 2 and had to bump things up to PRO because they were the best team in that division. I've only scored more than 3 goals a few times despite dominating the league and winning the division title. Most of my scores were 2-0 or something.
I got promoted to div 1 and was still doing so well that I now play on Top Player. Scoring isn't consistent as I have several 0-0 games recently but I also managed to beat Barcelona 3-1 and one of the weakest teams in the division 5-0. Honestly, I only buy and play a soccer game every couple years so this feels like quite an accomplishment for me.

Try to keep in mind that scoring more than 3 goals a game is a LOT of goals. I know it can be frustrating at times when all your shots miss or hit the post and you end up with 0-0 scores or 1-0 losses, but that's soccer for ya.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:41 AM   #28
Rookie

For scoring I'm seeing that some games my players make runs all day long, other games they sit back and will never make an attempt to get behind a defender... I get the feeling that a lot of goals that get scored are the result of the computer giving you the opportunity to score that specific goal...

So in a game the computer decides should be easy, or winnable, your players will make much more intelligent or cutting runs. In games that are decided to be difficult, or to keep the table competitive, your players will dumb down and make it much more harder to break the defensive line.

I believe I noticed this in 15 with the length of games as well... If the length of game is longer, runs and scoring opportunities will be adjusted so you don't get 100 shots on net. If you play a shorter game, you will get roughly the same number of chances, which would make it seem more "action packed" relative to the longer game.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:28 PM   #29
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
For scoring I'm seeing that some games my players make runs all day long, other games they sit back and will never make an attempt to get behind a defender... I get the feeling that a lot of goals that get scored are the result of the computer giving you the opportunity to score that specific goal...

So in a game the computer decides should be easy, or winnable, your players will make much more intelligent or cutting runs. In games that are decided to be difficult, or to keep the table competitive, your players will dumb down and make it much more harder to break the defensive line.

I believe I noticed this in 15 with the length of games as well... If the length of game is longer, runs and scoring opportunities will be adjusted so you don't get 100 shots on net. If you play a shorter game, you will get roughly the same number of chances, which would make it seem more "action packed" relative to the longer game.

Very much true, but there really is no other way to do it with varying game lengths. You cant have a short game play like a real one, because there would hardly ever be any goals. I for one love this feature, because it makes longer games more playable, and I love how a half, and a game in total can change flows so many times. I've had so many varying games as far as action.

There is also the control to force your players to make a run. I've configured my controls differently, so I cant say what it is, but if you look in Commands, it's there.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:58 PM   #30
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

Smile Re: PES 17: Things to improve on

Yes, that control is very helpful. I can echo this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-fast
There is also the control to force your players to make a run. I've configured my controls differently, so I cant say what it is, but if you look in Commands, it's there.

I enjoy the 25 minute matches due to the swings that half-fast talks about. I find it very enjoyable and I'd rather play one longer game than three really short ones that feel forced and fast. But I also recognize everyone has their own preferences and should do what makes them happy
Old 11-30-2016, 02:41 PM   #31
Rookie

I know how to make players do runs, but really... You are constantly fighting against a somewhat determined result. But this isn't such a big issue, I can also appreciate the difficulty it adds as chances are decreased. You really need to make use of the few you get.

But recently, the thing that is really bugging me is how unlike football this game plays. It is so incredibly physical. I can't get past it.

I've recently had a run against the top 4 teams in the league and cup play. Every game has been fairly important to league position or cup progression. I like an added challenge, but I feel like, as I've said before, I'm playing a game of rugby.

If I lose possession, and it isn't because I miss pass it, it's because someone smashes into my player and takes the ball. With the ease that defenders have in taking the ball from the opposing attacker, it really limits the type of attack you can put forward and prevents the game from playing like a true game of football.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2016, 05:11 PM   #32
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

Quote:
If I lose possession, and it isn't because I miss pass it, it's because someone smashes into my player and takes the ball. With the ease that defenders have in taking the ball from the opposing attacker, it really limits the type of attack you can put forward and prevents the game from playing like a true game of football.
This part I get. I played three games last night, and I felt like I was getting slammed to the ground all over the pitch with not a single foul called on the CPU. I think that just goes back to the lack of fouls. I'd be okay with the physical play if it resulted in more free kicks and cards.

Two of the games I played last night were against top table teams, and the physical factor was off the charts. I battled hard though and really lost because I couldn't finish.

I do find myself thinking sometimes about how aggressive the AI is when you have the ball around their box. Normally you still get room to maneuver and there are even stand-still times for both the offense and defense down there that you don't get in any footy game. Probably because the AI needs to clear you from their end of the field, so they are ulta-aggresive down there to keep the game competitive (maybe, just a theory).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »