Home

PES 17: Things to improve on

This is a discussion on PES 17: Things to improve on within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2017, 04:03 PM   #41
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PES 17: Things to improve on

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
It has already been mentioned by others but shooting in this game is very weak. In the game, there is very little pleasure in what should be one most rewarding moment of football (I am using manual shooting by the way). Same with the cpu, it always seems to want to blast the ball. I would love more variations in trajectories, power, influence of contact part of the foot ect...
Fifa 16 was way better in that department.

Strangely enough free kicks are comparatively awesome.
I agree with this free kicks, corner kicks and even passing the ball through the air looks really amazing at times and even way the ball can deflect off of players and even the goal post. Somehow they forgot to put it all together with actually shooting the ball. Definitely needs to be more variation in shots off of players strong and weaker foot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #42
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I agree with this free kicks, corner kicks and even passing the ball through the air looks really amazing at times and even way the ball can deflect off of players and even the goal post. Somehow they forgot to put it all together with actually shooting the ball. Definitely needs to be more variation in shots off of players strong and weaker foot.
What's interesting is I feel utterly helpless on what to do with a free kick. Corners I feel like I know what I'm doing, but free kicks, no clue.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:50 PM   #43
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

We have a great list going. I need to re-iterate that headers need some work. So often my defenders wont even jump, which you see in real life, but they dont jump when in good position. I also see forwards not jumping for balls and it drives me crazy

Last edited by half-fast; 01-08-2017 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:25 AM   #44
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
I would love to see a clear (well visible) message telling me that one of my player is seriously injured and will not be able to play again. So many times I get caught playing several game minutes (10min+) with a man down because of this. To bad there is not something a la fifa forcing you to make the change.

Ah yes, and may be tuning down the cpu aggressiveness in rival games. Every rival game is not a old firm derby.
Yeah I had two players get hurt last match and they weren't able to return BUT i didn't know until I paused the game and saw a "X" over their faces. Would have been nice if someone informed the manager so we weren't playing with 2 men down lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-fast
We got a great list going. I need to re-iterate that headers need some work. So often my defenders wont even jump, which you see in real life, but they dont jump when in good position. I also see forwards not jumping for balls and it drives me crazy
Sometimes the jump command can be unresponsive BUT when you time a header right in PES it looks wonderful, even if you miss.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:17 PM   #45
Too old for manual FIFA

hedache's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Yeah I had two players get hurt last match and they weren't able to return BUT i didn't know until I paused the game and saw a "X" over their faces. Would have been nice if someone informed the manager so we weren't playing with 2 men down lol.

Sometimes the jump command can be unresponsive BUT when you time a header right in PES it looks wonderful, even if you miss.
When you take your time to move your player to hassle for positional advantage coming in for a header with an opponent and then time it well along with the power, it does work wonderful, even when you miss.

I try to keep an eye on my injured players. Good managers have extra sets of eyes I suppose
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2017, 02:25 PM   #46
Too old for manual FIFA

hedache's Arena

OVR: 4

Things to improve on (top of my list)

Penalties
I've played quite a bit by now. With the settings I play, in ML, there is something seriously broken with penalties against the CPU. I've seen many different types of incidents in the box, where the same thing has been called a foul many times outside the box. I've only been awarded a PK once this whole time. And the funniest thing is, it was a complete garbage call out of everything I witnessed inside the box.

Stun gun usage by CPU
CPU busturds have these hidden stun guns in their shorts or something. When they steal the ball, my guy is stunned just enough to give the CPU enough advantage to get away from the robbery scene. My crooks don't have the tools to do the same to the CPU.

These were somewhat mentioned before but this is from my perspective. Regardless of these, I'm having a blast with PES and ML this year. I'm glad FIFA 17 sucked so bad that it pushed me over to this side.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:13 AM   #47
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedache
When you take your time to move your player to hassle for positional advantage coming in for a header with an opponent and then time it well along with the power, it does work wonderful, even when you miss.
Absolutely! They look so great ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

Totally agree, and that's from a few years ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedache
Regardless of these, I'm having a blast with PES and ML this year. I'm glad FIFA 17 sucked so bad that it pushed me over to this side.
I hear you. FIFA improved in so many aspects, but left so many things untouched or plain broken. The gameplay on the field is largely improved, but it's still too dull and without identity for me. I will be getting back into it to do some Online Team Play. I miss that, and PES doesnt have enough players in my region.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »