Home

ESPN NFL 2K6 Wishlist

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K6 Wishlist within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2004, 06:24 PM   #33
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: ESPN NFL 2K6 Wishlist

Okay, a few things...

1. Passes to the half-back out in the flat have to be corrected. Too many times the half-back dives for the ball and gets whacked.

2. More realistic player reaction. Say for example you're running the ball pretty effectively, and now you want to call a play-action pass. In most cases in real life, the LB's and the safeties are going to bite on the run fake, which will give you a good chance of making a big play down field. This should be the case on 2k6.

3. Ball physics/trajectory. I mentioned this last year, and although it's really improved this year, I still think it can be better. I love the way the ball travels on Madden, and I think ESPN can have something similar.

4. This may not sound like a big deal, but why is it when you wear white uniforms at home the visiting team will also wear white? And since we're along those lines, why can't you play against a human in your franchise?

5. Penalties that work. In all the games I've played, I have yet to see an offensive pass interference call, or a false start by a human player or CPU player. Why put it in the game if it's not going to work properly (QB SPY)?

These are just a few items. More to come. Stay tuned.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:21 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
2. More realistic player reaction. Say for example you're running the ball pretty effectively, and now you want to call a play-action pass. In most cases in real life, the LB's and the safeties are going to bite on the run fake, which will give you a good chance of making a big play down field. This should be the case on 2k6.
This is already the case, especially if the opponent is running zone. In real life the LB's might bite on it because they are playing run first, but Safety's play pass first, they are less susceptible to bite on it. How many more big plays does this game need? I'm not knocking the idea, but the game is already too wide open.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:46 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been posting this as a petition on xbox.com and espnforums.com. I've been getting a lot of backup for my ideas.

"----MUST HAVE-----
*Take the 2k4's passing game (offensive AI and defensive AI). To be more specific I mean the 50/50 chance an offensive or defensive player had of catching a lob. I almost forgot when catching a lob on offense was a skill and making an interception happens when you are in position (too many chances for the offense because of so many dropped interceptions in 2k5)
*Take the 2k4's offensive line AI.
*Use 2k5s run game (maybe tone it down a bit more)
*Add a Qb spy option both on the field or actually have plays designed in the playbook.
*QBs act more like qbs and not running backs. Take away running back moves for them to use and make fumbling more frequent. Qbs should almost never break tackles.
*Make a 2man more effective against the deep pass and less effective against the run.
*Program recievers to catch more wide open passes and drop more "jacked up" passes.
*Keep Hot blocking but make it more effective
*Changing of playbooks on Xbox Live, but only to West Coast or General if you perfer.

----MAYBES-----
*Perhaps limit how many people you can put in man when you run a zone (So everyone isn't double covered)
*Make the double cover option in defensive matchups more effective.
*No way to do manual quick cuts but make the animated juke a little more effective.
*Half Time and Post game report to have full replays on live
*Bring back the fact you can actually throw a flat pass but lets not make it like in 2k4 where designed flat passes were god.
*Can't hot route the Halfback
*Have the option that Madden has where you are actually able to either have your team commit to the run or have them playback expecting playaction.
*D-line man can't not be moved off the line of scrimmage but can be controlled.
*Passes are more frequently dropped by the cpu but caught more by the player."

Note I will be updating as more people come up with suggestions.

Last edited by RapZiLLa54; 12-05-2004 at 10:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2004, 11:02 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great List Rapzilla! Also...

MUST HAVE:

On Xbox Live:
- 2 separate Online Ranked Game Systems
1.) One on One Play
2.) Two on Two Play

2 on 2 football is almost like playing a brand new game. Make it count so more people will like to play. Allow us to introduce our friends into the game and Play Ranked games. There are many players who either have brothers or simply have a memory card and save their gamertag to it and bring it to their friends houses to play some 2on2 action online. A possible extra that can be added into this new 2on2 mode to make it even more simple and fun to use is to allow Team Name Creation. For example: My gamertag is Socorocker13. Rapzilla54 has his gamertag. If we are a 2on2 team we should be able to create a team name together of our choice such as: TheSoCoZiLLa. In creating this team name we should be able to determine what gamertags are allowed to access and play under that team name this way. So myself and Rapzilla could enable only our gamertags to play as that name and either gamertag could log in to our team name and play with a guest so not both gamertags would have to be logged on at once.. Or set up 2on2 teams in ways that say: Rainbow Six 3 or Halo 2 set up clans. This would make this game great on a whole new level.

---SPECTATOR MODE

Why? In online leagues. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to moderate league games to ensure no cheating? How about scouting opponents? Do you want to play them. Do you consider them SIM or Not? Do you have to play them in your next league or even tournament (titanium bowl) matchup? Now you can watch their game and study their plays. This means 1 play cheesers and people who never open up their playbook will be far less successful.

All of this added to Rapzilla's Post would make this game the best ever Football Game ever made. Madden would not be able to compete. No game would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapZiLLa54
I've been posting this as a petition on xbox.com and espnforums.com. I've been getting a lot of backup for my ideas.

"----MUST HAVE-----
*Take the 2k4's passing game (offensive AI and defensive AI). To be more specific I mean the 50/50 chance an offensive or defensive player had of catching a lob. I almost forgot when catching a lob on offense was a skill and making an interception happens when you are in position (too many chances for the offense because of so many dropped interceptions in 2k5)
*Take the 2k4's offensive line AI.
*Use 2k5s run game (maybe tone it down a bit more)
*Add a Qb spy option both on the field or actually have plays designed in the playbook.
*QBs act more like qbs and not running backs. Take away running back moves for them to use and make fumbling more frequent. Qbs should almost never break tackles.
*Make a 2man more effective against the deep pass and less effective against the run.
*Program recievers to catch more wide open passes and drop more "jacked up" passes.
*Keep Hot blocking but make it more effective
*Changing of playbooks on Xbox Live, but only to West Coast or General if you perfer.

----MAYBES-----
*Perhaps limit how many people you can put in man when you run a zone (So everyone isn't double covered)
*Make the double cover option in defensive matchups more effective.
*No way to do manual quick cuts but make the animated juke a little more effective.
*Half Time and Post game report to have full replays on live
*Bring back the fact you can actually throw a flat pass but lets not make it like in 2k4 where designed flat passes were god.
*Can't hot route the Halfback
*Have the option that Madden has where you are actually able to either have your team commit to the run or have them playback expecting playaction.
*D-line man can't not be moved off the line of scrimmage but can be controlled.
*Passes are more frequently dropped by the cpu but caught more by the player."

Note I will be updating as more people come up with suggestions.

Last edited by Socorocker13; 12-05-2004 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:57 PM   #37
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

- Allow the QB to still throw the ball while being taken down (especially when being taken down by the legs or something).

- Give a better pocket, everybody is sort of crashing right through the middle rather than going around.

- Add up to 4-man gang tackles, or 10-man endzone pile-ups.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-05-2004, 02:59 PM   #38
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

This isn't that important but I want to see alot more dances next year. Stuff like TO's eagle dance and the worm or other stuff like that.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-05-2004, 04:47 PM   #39
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Franchise Mode suggestions:

-CPU Trading. I like the fact that CPU teams do trade, but if a player gets traded, more often in real life it involves a player for draft picks, or draft picks for draft picks. Make trades less frequent and more sensical. Don't make the Packers trade away Brett Favre, for example, without getting a very good QB in return or having a good rookie waiting in the wings.

-Draft Logic. This maimed my experience in Franchise mode this year. The ONLY positions that were ever drafted in the first round, by any team, regardless of needs, were QB, RB, OT, and DE. This shouldn't happen.

-CPU Playcalling in Franchise mode. The teams follow the VIP profiles too closely and in my experience pass way more often than they should. In the Coach's VIP profiles, perhaps program the VIP profiles to establish a general strategy to employ when attacking a team. For example, if a coach likes to run a ball-control offense and control the clock with a strong running game, he shouldn't call 45 passing plays compared to 15 running plays. Also, make the AI react to the situation when playcalling.

-Weekly Prep. The text-based weekly prep interface wasn't very fun and often using weekly prep would hurt your players instead of helping them like it was intended to. Perhaps make weekly prep moreso a series of minigames rather than just telling players to weight train and see how they do.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:22 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Let me just say something playbook wise. I think there needs to be some considerable thought put into special teams plays. EA has expanded theirs and that's not even as deep as it can go. VC needs to do alot in this area as far as kick formations, types of kicks, return formations, FG formations ect. There needs to be more plays for fakes on all of these as well. I would also like to see teams with specific designed plays. LIke if I look in the Titans playbook, I would like to see Music City kick return LOL. No game has this stuff man. VC you could be the first.

Also BE VERY DAMN SURE that the defensive playbook is expansive enough to where you have a counter for EVERYTHING on offense in the game. I find that some defensive playbooks are just not equipped to deal with certain things from the offense in this game.

Finally there just needs to be more RISKS when you have the ball. I think EA does a great job on punt returns with this. If you have a guy bearing down on you, or if there are multiple players bearing down on you then you better call a fair catch. If you get hit you will fumble and I think that is about right. After all, how can you concentrate on catching the ball and worry about getting hit at the same time. Nobody and I mean nobody can catch the ball and simultaneously put a move, for example stiff arm, on a guy. There is no way this should be happening. You either get decked and hang on to the ball, or you get decked and fumble the ball. If you play with Denver in ESPN, Rod Smith does some unrealistic BS on punt returns. As soon as he catches it all you have to do is have that right juke stick pointed in any direction first defender just bounces. There is no way man. Not when you are concentrating on catching the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »