Home

How does this 4 year old game hold up against Madden 09?

This is a discussion on How does this 4 year old game hold up against Madden 09? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #33
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: How does this 4 year old game hold up against Madden 09?

^ I didn't know Method Man was so obsessed with Madden 09.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-24-2008, 05:39 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6

I ve seen all his videos
Old 09-25-2008, 05:39 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 35

Madden 09 is so horrible, i wouldnt buy it, id remain playing 2k5. Maddens gameplay is beyond horrible and ********. The game is broken in every way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #36
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Madden 09 is so horrible, i wouldnt buy it, id remain playing 2k5. Maddens gameplay is beyond horrible and ********. The game is broken in every way.
lol that is so wrong in every way.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:54 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 24

The Line Of Scrimmage is also shown in 2k5, something that's missing in Madden.....
Old 09-25-2008, 10:04 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Ditto that, I just rented madden (PS3 version) from blockbuster and it held my attention for about 15 minutes and i had to turn it off....it's garbage. It's literally unplayable.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:24 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
Ditto that, I just rented madden (PS3 version) from blockbuster and it held my attention for about 15 minutes and i had to turn it off....it's garbage. It's literally unplayable.
For me, it's unplayable because it's b-o-r-i-n-g.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:49 AM   #40
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

This funny b/c someone in the Madden forums made a thread not understanding why people are saying 2K5 is the best football game ever. After I made this reply, I came over to the 2K forums and since, am thinking about selling M09..lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
*Clears Throat*

This is the 1st Madden I have put time into since 06, guess what I've been playing since then. So I feel I can give an honest and unbiased opinion on it.

Besides the animation that shows the defender slinging the ball carrier around, ever seen a facemask being called where the defender actually grabs the face mask on Madden09? Or the ball carrier's head actually snag a little like someone actually grabbed the facemask?

I could string my moves together in 2K5 and 2K8. I couldn't do that until M09. And even then sometimes it feels unnatural.

For those that have 2K5, pop it in. Go look at the playbooks. See how similar the Bucs and Eagles playbooks are, but still different enough to know they're different? That's b/c both coaches use the WCO but each have their own WCO philosophy. M09's playbooks aren't bad, but 2K5 had better diversity in them.

Computer drafting sucked for the 1st round in 2K5. BUT, I never saw Tom Brady on the FA market on 2K5, BUT I never seen Strahan traded for Torry Holt on M09. Toss-up, both offseason's suck!

Never remember my franchise freezing, ever! The clipping patch worked after it was downloaded. My M09 froze 3 times once I DL'd the patch, after never freezing pre patch.

2K5 has a dedicated bunch to making the game still as current as can be.(Shout outs to Puja, Finn, Josh, Guru, Dolphin). I don't see anyone making current rosters for M05.

2K5 had formation subs, 2K8 had formation subs. M09 on the PS2 and XBOX have formation subs. The Next Generation of Madden, have never had such a thing.

I hear 2K as a group talk about gameplay. I hear EA developers talk about features.

As someone said before, the whole fact they we are talking about 2kFIVE vs maddenOH-NINE shows how bad/sad/pathetic/down grading/dissapointing, M09 on the next gen is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »