Home

I find this so funny........

This is a discussion on I find this so funny........ within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2003, 03:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I find this so funny........

Yes, that playmaker is a rip off of max passing that 2k had back in 2k2 with a fancier name. They say it's revolutionary but 2k had it back in 2002. EA just added the point animation to it. I'm not worried though cuz soon Sega will get thier proper respect especially when the PS3/XBOX2 come out. Sega we leave the compition playing catch up in all areas. Graphics, gameplay, presentation, sound, atmosphere, value ect. When the PS3/XBOX2 get here Segas sports games will be the most advanced and make EA's sports games look like low budget underground games. EA's time is ticking.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:02 PM   #10
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

EA aren't a bunch of dummies they'll update and upgrade when the new consoles come out. Don't make assumptions as they make an *** out of you and me.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:03 PM   #11
Pro

PDex's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

kirkhart said:
I'm confused...are you saying that since the DB AI is improved in NCAA 2004, EA copied VC? How? Did they incorporate any specific things from the Sega football series? It seems to me that EA just listened to some valid complaints about the DB play and improved it. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that they stole a page from VC. So, if VC improves the running animations in ESPN Football this year, they've copied EA? I just don't understand what the point of your post is, other than to bash NCAA/Madden. The Sega-only fans and their conspiracy theories get worse and worse everyday....

He didn't say EA is copying VC. It just 2k3 had tough DB AI and Maddenites/NCAA fans complained that it was too hard and unrealistic. When all you got to do is read coverage and make smart decisions. Now EA toughens up the AI and EA fans think its the greatest thing since sliced bread even though VC had stingy DB AI just like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 04:06 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:

kirkhart said:
I'm confused...are you saying that since the DB AI is improved in NCAA 2004, EA copied VC? How? Did they incorporate any specific things from the Sega football series? It seems to me that EA just listened to some valid complaints about the DB play and improved it. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that they stole a page from VC. So, if VC improves the running animations in ESPN Football this year, they've copied EA? I just don't understand what the point of your post is, other than to bash NCAA/Madden. The Sega-only fans and their conspiracy theories get worse and worse everyday....

I AGREE
Old 07-29-2003, 04:09 PM   #13
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

deejay8595 said:
Quote:

kirkhart said:

I AGREE

Me to. Its not like they stole a page out of VCs book. They just improved the DB AI whcih sucked cow dung in the previous versions. Did you actually think it would be the same dumb AI every year .
Old 07-29-2003, 04:11 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

SportsmanTO said:

EA aren't a bunch of dummies they'll update and upgrade when the new consoles come out. Don't make assumptions as they make an *** out of you and me.

What makes you think they will update and upgarde. They don't even take advantage of the current consoles power. You look like and idiot for believing they will and even if they do their games won't compare at all to Sega's games on next generation platforms.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:12 PM   #15
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:
Quote:

SportsmanTO said:

What makes you think they will update and upgarde. They don't even take advantage of the current consoles power. You look like and idiot for believing they will and even if they do their games won't compare at all to Sega's games on next generation platforms.

And how would you know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 04:15 PM   #16
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Well obviously I don't know but it's the most sensible thing don't ya think? I tend to think that they won't be as good as SEGA but that's not to say they won't try.

EA has taken advantage of the PS2 but not the XBOX but that's because they have issues with MS. If they want to survive as a strong developer they'll upgrade. If they don't then yes they'll fall to Sega simple as that.

I'm a fan of both series and I hope for the best for both games. I just don't like to see people blatantly cheering on one side be it Madden or ESPN.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »