Home

Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

This is a discussion on Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2006, 10:50 AM   #41
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Yes...I think you missed it. This actually started with Rickster and I was intrigued that he did some updating. Since files get worked on from person to person, things can get overlooked depending on what you're trying to do. My interest would really be to try to keep 2K4 updated. I just think overall there's more gameplay potential with it, but I've got to let it go since there's no editor and eventually player nos. and edits will cap out.

My interest had been in making gameplay, esp. QB play for K5 more realistic. Since the game does respond to the editor and to the sliders....that leaves room for lots of potential. So my ver. 3 incorporates input from lots that I've read and discussed with others, plus from other observations and trends I've seen in the game....which is what other roster makers do as well. Sometimes, there's just nothing you can do to overturn some of the programming glitches....which imo the biggest one is the kick return game. I think if VC would have been doing a game this year and next....that along with some more variability in penalty calling and the kick hold game could have been incorporated.

So in the meantime, we make due, since many 2k followers have little hope in Madden for years to come. The next version will hopefully have more accurate rosters, especially at the 1st and 2nd strings....if those aren't great already!

Please tell me you're doing rosters after the offseason and draft for 2K7.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2006, 02:25 PM   #42
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Please tell me you're doing rosters after the offseason and draft for 2K7.

I haven't tried any other slider sets because I'm still working on my own and how they interact with esp. QB ratings and other skill positions. Those two things have to be married in order for the game to function well for you. The only thing another slider set would tell me is if it's too easy or too hard for me and my game play style.....which I described earlier.

And, yes, definitely updating rosters from here on out is the priority. For the positions that warrant it....probably keeping things current to the 3rd team depth charts, esp. for positions like WR. The trick will be how to rate incoming rookies....... one way would be to get a sense of who the player is like and then copy and paste over a defunct player and edit from there. However, drafted players wouldn't be added until firmly connected to the actual teams roster. Too much time can be wasted on incoming freshmen that never see the field.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:35 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 9

Dear Daflyboys,
I wanna ask you a big pleasure.
Can you please use Rickster AR roster file latest version and add to this all your tweak?
I ask you that as I have seen that Rickster has done a big work and his roster is really accurate,I think is updated at actual situation for real NFL roster.
It'd be great if you work on his roster and add all your editing to give us the ultimate roster file.
Hope you can post here it as soon as possible.
P.s. You find Rickster latest roster AR file in the "roster" forum!
Old 01-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #44
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

I considered it, but since the individual tweaks were judgement calls as I went through the rosters, I can't do that. I'm currently working on updating my present roster.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:56 AM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I considered it, but since the individual tweaks were judgement calls as I went through the rosters, I can't do that. I'm currently working on updating my present roster.
I understand your vision,so I wait for your new AR rsoter updated and I hope you'll include not only players but also some more tweaks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2006, 12:14 PM   #46
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
I understand your vision,so I wait for your new AR rsoter updated and I hope you'll include not only players but also some more tweaks!
What kind of tweaks would you suggest? Global ones? Certain players you believe are too strong or too weak?
Old 01-16-2006, 12:30 PM   #47
MVP

I think for example RB usually kill defense,for example they don't have to fight for more yards.Also it'd be great to have Punt retur players that in some case can go for TD,instead of beeing stopped always after 10 yards.I mean only great Punt retur players not all.
Anyway I think it'd be great if you could post here an updated roster (like Rickster v.8) including all your tweaks.
Last thing,maybe I think that NFL 2K give more power to defense in general,so if you could tweak secondary for example to avoid QB get 3 INT every game.
All in all I really enjoy your work!!
Old 01-17-2006, 10:43 AM   #48
MVP

Dear Daflyboys,
can you please tell us when do you think you'll be able to post here a new versione of your great roster with editings?
Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »