Home

Complete set of sliders and Rosters for accurate Gameplay PART 2

This is a discussion on Complete set of sliders and Rosters for accurate Gameplay PART 2 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2005, 09:39 PM   #33
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Complete set of sliders and Rosters for accurate Gameplay PART 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
The reason I have not kept the rosters updated is because it seems like people dont like rosters with "human bias" as far as ratings go. I think I did a pretty good job in rating almost all players to thier real life counter part. I also used the 127 max ratings wich it seems alot of people dont like. But if you would like me to do an update thats cool.
NFL2k5 has been in my XBox nearly nonstop since I discovered your roster/slider combo. I need to apologize for not giving you credit in a post I made a while back; mistakenly gave credit to someone else (I'll fix the post). But back to your edits...

I was never much of a slider guy, but your edits have definitely made me see the light. Not sure why people don't like the human bias factor, but what you've done makes the game play extremely realistic. I've even seen anims that I haven't seen in the game - and I've had the thing since July. Your combo is challenging without being frustrating. I pulled down a couple recent rosters done by others and was moving up and down the field at will. Definitely not the case with the combination you've found. I've seen a ton of positives w/your roster/sliders - a few being:

- Players seem to play more to their abilities. I love the awareness everyone seems to show. The CPU calls an excellent game. CPU even attempted a fake FG late in a game while down 5 w/4min left in a game.

- The DB play is improved immensely; I think it's about as good as it gets. They actually seem to display some degree of intelligence. Much better use of technique (swatting at passes w/the correct hand, breaking on passes for INTs, use of hands, etc.). I've seen times when they seem to react to where they "thought" a receiver was going, rather than just seemingly knowing the route that was going to be run. I think you've really nailed the DB play.

- Receivers. It's great not to see receivers catching everything, but catching passes they should catch, and every now and then making spectacular catches.

I could go on but just wanted to touch on a couple things that I felt were outstanding. I've been trying to tweak the HUM running game; it's a little too tough for my skill level - but I'm slowly finding the right mix. The CPU run game is great. Tuning the DEF pass interference; it's a little touchy for my tastes. Definitely will be trying to spread the word on your roster/slider combo - thanks again for all the hard work you [and everyone else] put into the game, making it more enjoyable for the masses.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:05 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

hey rick,

I must agree with the last post. I have been playing 2K5 since it dropped but I have never played a more realistic yet challenging game in my life. the computer really displayed an amazing amout of awareness in his passing and hitting holes. the passing lanes really open and the fast speed add a new level of intensity never seen. I reiterate that the single biggest improvement has to be in the computer's ability to pass efficiently. it really forces you to go out there and spend those dollars on quality DB's and not just a fast rookie corner.

please say that you will be keeping those rosters up to date. please!!!! even if not, please keep those sliders comming, they are the absolute best on the market.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:08 AM   #35
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustus
hey rick,

I must agree with the last post. I have been playing 2K5 since it dropped but I have never played a more realistic yet challenging game in my life. the computer really displayed an amazing amout of awareness in his passing and hitting holes. the passing lanes really open and the fast speed add a new level of intensity never seen. I reiterate that the single biggest improvement has to be in the computer's ability to pass efficiently. it really forces you to go out there and spend those dollars on quality DB's and not just a fast rookie corner.

please say that you will be keeping those rosters up to date. please!!!! even if not, please keep those sliders comming, they are the absolute best on the market.

If I were a betting man I'd sure put it on Ram209 to turn out the part 3 version of his rosters which complement his sliders in the way he's put them together but as we all know this is his project and I'm confident if he's seeing any of this he won't let fans of his work go without at least giving it one more shot,so Ram209 you've gotten yourself some interest from guys who would really like to see you follow thru on this but of course the final decision will be up to Ram209...I'm sure he'll come thru with something just keep letting him know that there is a real interest in his work!!!

Holla Back y'all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2005, 08:14 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
If I were a betting man I'd sure put it on Ram209 to turn out the part 3 version of his rosters which complement his sliders in the way he's put them together but as we all know this is his project and I'm confident if he's seeing any of this he won't let fans of his work go without at least giving it one more shot,so Ram209 you've gotten yourself some interest from guys who would really like to see you follow thru on this but of course the final decision will be up to Ram209...I'm sure he'll come thru with something just keep letting him know that there is a real interest in his work!!!

Holla Back y'all
My main man Rickster, man I have been busy as heck I would love to keep up the rosters, my only question is to you or any one else that would know, who has the most up to date rosters including rookies etc... I could use that as my base( assuming that person does not mind me tweaking his rosters and putting my 2cents in them). With all this Madden next-gen hype going around it just reminds me of how sad this whole EA deal is. IO know its been months but man you can only imagine what T2 could have done with the graphics and gameplay. Anyways this game (ESPN) is still so freaking amazing to me I would love to keep it going and try to help out I just need to know which Rosters I could use and go from there.

Oh and by the way I still want to give ya a good ol fashion but whippin online
Old 04-29-2005, 10:08 AM   #37
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
My main man Rickster, man I have been busy as heck I would love to keep up the rosters, my only question is to you or any one else that would know, who has the most up to date rosters including rookies etc... I could use that as my base( assuming that person does not mind me tweaking his rosters and putting my 2cents in them). With all this Madden next-gen hype going around it just reminds me of how sad this whole EA deal is. IO know its been months but man you can only imagine what T2 could have done with the graphics and gameplay. Anyways this game (ESPN) is still so freaking amazing to me I would love to keep it going and try to help out I just need to know which Rosters I could use and go from there.

Oh and by the way I still want to give ya a good ol fashion but whippin online

At this time from what info I've been able to read up on JMC appears to be the leadoff man so far.

His rosters are fairly up to date but I wished he'd done abit more on the edit side as far as the other players go for the most part the rookies are shaping up but I'm not sure how deep in the draft he went I do know it wasn't too deep and he might have missed a couple of late picks here and there but its still earlier in the season and the camps are just starting up along with FA news and storys going on as I type...but to answer your question straight up JMC is the man you want get to as far as srarting points but you'll more then likely be wanting to use the new 1.8 for edits,I've read that it does some pretty cool stuff and should be available to roster guys who're gettin' back in the mix of the update projects...also it looks like "OS...Da Spot" has the majority of guys willing to participate but be on the lookout for a new kinda fella thats bound to make waves that would be "Nick Chew" this guy seems to know his stuff and has a great site going on with a growing but small fan base (doing a little pimpin' here) he's cool and is also a member here.

As far as online those rosters they use don't do the game any justice and I've tried avoiding the cheese it only makes me upset...now "Halo"and "NBA 2k5" are what does it for me but the cheese overthere stinks for sure when it comes to the NFL experience IMO not enough classy guys wanting to play sim Football and thats my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!

P.S. Not all of it was that bad but what can you do when you're a die hard "Browns" fan...and yeah I can hear ya laughing but we've got something going on just what exactly I don't know but "something wicked comes this way so watchout" one day we're gonna havta meet up but I won't be using the Browns just not enough gas in the teams online team...in a word they suck but I love em' all the same!!!

Holla Back y'all
Old 05-02-2005, 11:26 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sorry if this is a repost but does anyone have sliders for coach mode?
Old 05-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #39
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

So do these rosters makes coach mode more playable? If so, would there need to be seperate Human v. Human sliders for that? Or do the up to date ones suffice?
Old 05-10-2005, 10:10 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've never tried to do any of these roster updates and game play adjustments. I'm new to this, so bare with me. My first question is where do i find the options to change the sliders? I found one, but it wasnt a number that i could set, it was basically giving me the option to move it up or down. Am i looking in the wrong place?

example:
qb- pass arm strength: +10%
Pass read coverage: +10%
Human/Cpu
Blocking.....16/30
Passing......6/33
Running.....9/33
Catching...27/Max
Coverage.......7/34
Pursuit.......10/24
Tackling......7/31
kicking.....0/10
Fatigue......6/10

thanks again

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »