Home

"I Bleed Blue" (A Boise State NCAA14 Dynasty)

This is a discussion on "I Bleed Blue" (A Boise State NCAA14 Dynasty) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: "I Bleed Blue" (A Boise State NCAA14 Dynasty)

Well Boise State disappointing loss to Washington saw the Broncos fall out of the Top-25, and Nevada and Hawaii's fail to upset UCLA and USC failed to kickoff a exciting week for the MWC overall. They did have 1 game to be excited about.

The Rams came up huge in Week 1 defeating instate rival and Pac-12 member Colorado 27-21 in Overtime. However the Rams will need to be at the top of their game next week as they take on former #1 Alabama in Week 2.

OTHER MWC SCORES

Utah-38 Utah State-28
New Mexico-25 Rice-22
San Diego State-30 FCS East-7
New Mexico State-21 UNLV-18 OT

WEEK 2 KEY GAMES

Well most will tune in to see if CSU can upset Alabama, the game that BSU will be watching is Nevada taking on their Week 3 opponent Air Force.. With the move to the new Armed Forces Conference, Air Force looked to fill their schedule with many former MWC opponents. Another huge game will be San Diego State looking to kick the Oregon State Beavers well they are down. OSU is coming off a loss to FCS Eastern Washington. In a former CUSA rivalry game, Rice will look to avenge their Week 1 loss against New Mexico as they take on Houston now a member of the Big 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 2 AROUND THE NATION

It was another exciting week in College Football. #6 South Carolina fresh off their win over UNC, defeated #12 Georgia to move into the Top-5 this week. Georgia now 0-2 dropped to #12.

#11 Alabama started the year #1 but was demolished in Week 1 by Virginia Tech. This week they just barely got by Colorado State 14-7,as the Rams looked to knock off a second BCS team in consecutive weeks.

#3 Oregon was hoping to move up in the rankings with both #1 Ohio State and #2 Stanford on Bye weeks, but will stay where they are after struggling in their win over Virginia 33-28.

#8 Florida dropped a heartbreaker to rival Miami 38-31.. The loss drops the Gators to #15, well the win moves the Hurricanes into the Top-25 at #21

#18 Texas falls to 0-2 with a 42-28 loss to Ole Miss. With the win the Rebels jump into the Top-25 at #22. Rumors are Coach M. Brown could be on his way out.

Last week Ohio just missed out beating #9 Louisville, however this week they took care of business beating #17 Nebraska 49-45. The loss drops the Cornhuskers from the Top-25, well Ohio is a team people need to keep a eye one.

Well Colorado State failed in the upset of Alabama 14-7, the MWC did offer some excitement this week. San Diego State defeated Oregon State 24-10 dropping the Beavers to 0-2. Rice got the best of Houston 28-21, well New Mexico moves to 2-0 with a 21-17 win over BYU.

OTHER MWC SCORES

San Jose State-26 New Mexico State-24
FCS West-21 Utah State-17
Nevada-38 Air Force-21
Wyoming-30 Idaho-21
FCS Northwest 19 UNLV-16 OT
Fresno State-42 FCS West-10

I feel bad for UNLV that is the 2nd week in a row they lost in OT
Old 09-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #27
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't think you'll be able to change coaching things until the end of the season.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

BRONCOS WIN BIG IN WEEK 3

The Boise State "D" stepped up limiting the Falcons to just 10 points and 244 Total yards of Offense. Well the ground game was working (162 yards) Sophomore Karson Roberts struggled passing the ball (8/20 82 yards 1 INT) and Boise State took advantage of having the ball for almost double the T.O.P. (25 minutes vs 13 minutes)

For the Broncos, Joe Southwick put his 4 INT performance behind him and completed 16 of his first 19 pass attempts in the 1st half throwing 2 TD's. He did throw 1 INT with 20 seconds to play though as BSU looked to add a late TD.

Up 21-10 at the half, BSU road the legs of Jay Ajayi for most of the 3rd Quarter and 4th Quarter including a 19 yard TD run his 2nd of the day with 7 minutes to play BSU was up 38-10.

The 2nd string Offense and Defense played the rest of the game, backup QB G. Hedrick played well completing 2 of 3 passes for 26 yards including a 9 yard strike to H. Huff to set up the final TD of the game. Hedrick almost scored another TD on the ground keeping the ball on a read option play and going 21 yards before fumbling on the 3 yard line.

FINAL SCORE BSU-44 AF-10

Coach Dezaron
Quote:
I have to give the Defense props. They played great and kept us on the field and allowed us to play our game. I felt like we did a great job of cutting down mistakes, however 3 fumbles and drop passes still hurt us from doing more then we did. I was really proud of Ajayi tonight. He ran hard. His 19 yard TD run in the 4th was so pretty.. He just kept bouncing off guys and kept his feet under him. I thought Joe played a great game tonight. Take away 6 drop passes and he is 23/26 with just the 1 INT. That's the kind of play I expected out of him when I took this job. I am already super excited for next week. I can't wait to get back on the field.
KEY PLAYER STATS

QB- J. Southwick 23/32 306 yards 3 TD 1 INT, 2 carries 24 yards
QB- G. Hedrick 2/3 26 yard, 2 carries 19 yards 1 Fumble
RB- J. Ayaji-24 carries 164 yards (6.8 Avg) 2 TD
RB- D. Thomas-9 carries 63 yards (7.0 Avg)
RB- J. Fields 1 carry 1 yard 1 TD
WR- M. Miller 5 rec 85 yards 2 TD (4 Drops)
WR- K. Moore 6 rec 92 yards (1 Fumble)
TE- G. Linehan 5 rec 68 yards
WR- D. Burroughs 1 rec 26 yards 1 TD

DE- D. Lawrence 8 Tackles 3 TFL 2 Sacks
DB- E. Makinke 1 INT
Old 09-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_GoBlue
I don't think you'll be able to change coaching things until the end of the season.
Thanks for commenting. That's what I sorta figured. Well as you will see my game against Air Force went much better. I went ahead and moved alot of the sliders back toward the default settings, which I am hoping will help. We will see how the rest of the season goes. If I can have success. I will stick with what I am doing.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 3 AROUND THE NATION

KEY TOP-25 GAMES

With Ohio State defeating Cal 52-10, they keep the #1 Ranking after Week 3. Stanford also shutout Army 37-0 to stay at #2. However #3 Oregon wasn't so lucky. The Ducks fell to unranked Tennessee 20-16 dropping them to #12. The Vols on the other hand jumped all the way to #17 in the polls. Former #1 Alabama moves up from #10 to #7 this week after beating #6 TAMU 30-27 in OT. The Aggies fall to #10 with the loss.

OTHER TOP-25 GAMES

#5 South Carolina defeats Vanderbilt 35-21 and moves to #4
#7 Louisville defeats Kentucky 42-21 and moves to #5
#8 Notre Dame defeats #19 Northwestern 35-13.
"The Irish move to #6 well NW drops to #23
#12 Oklahoma falls to Tulsa 35-14 and drops out of the Top-25
#14 TCU falls to Texas Tech 45-24 and drops to #25
#18 UCLA defeats Nebraska 34-27 and moves to #14
#20 Virginia Tech defeats Marshall 38-31.
"They are now 3-0 and move to #18"
#23 Wisconsin defeats Arizona State 27-24, and moves to #21
#24 Washington defeats Illinois 31-13 and moves to #22
#25 USC goes to 3-0 with a 48-21 win over Boston College

Week 3 scores
Fresno State-31 Colorado State-14
Middle Tennessee-24 BYU-14
Kansas-24 Rice-13
New Mexico-30 Idaho-28
San Jose State-24 Minnesota-21
Central Michigan-32 UNLV-28
Utah State-24 Nevada-9
Wyoming-30 FCS Midwest-6
Hawaii-24 New Mexico State-21
Old 09-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

BATTLE FOR THE MILK JUG

GAME PREVIEW

Since Boise State joined the WAC, these 2 teams have become a heated rivalry. However the last time the Bulldogs took the Milk Jug home with them was in 2005.

The Bulldogs are off to a 2-0 start and behind the play of QB Derrick Carr are currently #15 in the nation in scoring (36.5 PPG) and #10 in Total Offense (479.5 yards). However most impressive is the fact their Defense is currently ranked #13 Overall allowing just (248 yards per game) and #10 against the pass allowing just (124 yards).

Could this be the year the Bulldogs get their revenge and take home the trophy?

Well Boise State was destroyed in Week 1 against Washington, they looked like a completely different team in Week 3 against Air Force, as both the Passing and Running game were working perfectly. If the Broncos can repeat the performance and figure out how to cut down on the 4 turnovers they will be hard to beat.

WEEK 4

GAME RECAP

For the 3rd straight game Boise State won the toss and elected to kick. Fresno State would be forced to punt, giving BSU the ball and a chance to score first, which they did as Southwick found M. Miller in the endzone on a 9 yard pass (7-0).

Fresno would answer back and tie the game (7-7) as Carr finds I. Burse for a 26 yard strike and then after a Southwick INT, the Bulldogs would take the lead (10-7) on a Breshears 38 yd FG.

BSU would find the endzone just before the 1st Quarter ran out as Ajayi runs in from 5 yards out (14-10).

In the 2nd Quarter D. Goodale would make it (17-10) with a 33 yd FG, but Fresno would tie the game with under a minute to play on a J. Quezada 1 yard score (17-17). With 48 seconds to play and all 3 timeouts, Ryne Dezaron would call for Southwick to throw it down field. First it was a 28 yard strike to M. Miller on the sideline, then it was a 17 yard gain to Kirby Moore, then after a run by Ajayi and a timeout, the Broncos hit paydirt as Southwick finds TE G. Linehan down the seam for 21 yds to make it (24-17) at the half.

It was all Boise State in the 3rd Quarter as they put this game away. Ajayi scored his 2 TD of the game, Southwick hit backup TE Holden Huff in the corner for a beautiful 19 yd score and Goodale added a 21 yd FG as BSU went up (41-17).

Again the Boise State "D" would step up in the 4th forcing the Bulldogs to punt, and the Broncos would answer using Ajayi and Fields to wear down the clock. With 5 minutes to play BSU would score again this time with converted HB turned FB Chris Bertoli getting the carry and taking it in from 5 yards out (48-17).

The Bulldogs would finally get on the scoreboard, but it was to late to little as Carr hits J. Harper on the 6 yard pass. The 2 pt conversion would fail making it (48-23).

BSU would put in the 2nd team Offense led by QB Grand Hedrick but also inserted 4th string HB RS FR Devan Demas. Demas would finish the game with 4 carries for 10 yards.

FINAL SCORE BSU-48 FS-23

Coach Pete-
Quote:
I was really impressed with the game that Coach Dezaron called today. He knows the Fresno team almost as well as our own having watched them for the past 10 years. I felt like the Tempo was great and having the lead in the 3rd really forced Fresno to abandon the run and forced Carr to throw alot. Ajayi continues to impress me. He carried the ball 25 times and that allowed us to keep our Defense rested.. Overall I felt like this was even a better performance then last week against Air Force.
KEY PLAYERS

QB-J. Southwick-21/36 355 yards 3 TD 1 INT
QB-G. Hedrick-2/3 28 yards, 1 carry 8 yards
RB J. Ajayi-25 carries 175 yards (7.0 Avg) 2 TD
RB J. Fields-6 carries 28 yards
FB C. Bertoli-1 carry 5 yds 1 TD
WR M. Miller-7 rec 105 yds 1 TD
WR K. Moore-5 rec 118 yds
TE H. Huff-5 rec 57 yds 1 TD
TE G. Linehan-2 rec 32 yds 1 TD

LB C. Bell 6 Tackles 1 TFL 1 Sack
DB B. Douglas 6 Tackles 1 INT

QB D. Carr-24/46 345 yds 2 TD 1 INT
RB J. Quezada-13 carries 33 yds 1 TD
WR J. Harper-6 rec 74 yds 1 TD
WR D. Adams-5 rec 87 yds
TE M. Jensen-4 rec 58 yds
WR I. Burse-2 rec 40 yds 1 TD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Welcome back to Idaho's Sports Talk Radio. We are your hosts Jeff Caves and Mike Prater, and today's guest is Offensive Coordinator Ryne Dezaron. The Broncos are going into a Week 5 Bye Week coming off back to back wins over Air Force and Fresno State.

Caves-
Quote:
Coach you are coming off 2 straight wins, in which you scored 40 points or more. But what been even more impressive is the Defense. Do you fill like you can get better results from your players when they are not forced into 1 style of play?
Dezaron-
Quote:
Most definitely. When you are behind it forces you to throw, when you have the lead, you can work the run and play action to your advantage. Joe does a great job with play action and Ajayi's success has forced teams to step up and play the run more.
Prater-
Quote:
Coach Ajayi currently has 63 carries for 394 yards 5 TD and is averaging 6.2 yards per carry.. Do you feel like his injury was a key reason why you played so poorly in the 2nd half against UW?
Dezaron-
Quote:
Of course I do. Don't get me wrong Thomas looked great against AF, in fact had I known how well he could do, he probably would've seen the ball instead of Fields. The thing with Fields is he is a great kid. Every coach loves him. He works hard and wants to get better, so we try and give the opportunities. Same with Demas this week, but the reality is when Ajayi needs a breather, Thomas needs to be the guy in their with the ball.
Caves-
Quote:
Coach Matt Miller currently leads the team with 18 receptions for 241 yards and 3 TD's. He is a 3 year starter. At 6'3 he has the size and skills NFL scouts are looking for. Are you afraid he could turn pro after his year?
Dezaron-
Quote:
Absolutely. If Miller leaves, we lose our Top-4 WR's. I am really hoping Miller will choose to stay and try and break every school record we have. He has the ability to do that if he stays.
Prater
Quote:
-Coach Kirby Moore has been your big play target especially on 3rd downs, but hasn't gotten in the endzone yet. In fact of Soutwick's 6 TD's Miller has 3 and Linehan and Huff each have 1, leaving only Dallas Burroughs as the only other WR with a score. Do you think teams will start to key on Miller and allow Moore a chance to score?
Dezaron-
Quote:
I don't know. Its almost like its the opposite. Teams seem to double Kirby and have been just trying to take out Miller 1 on 1. Which as you can see doesn't work.
Caves-
Quote:
Coach you are a Offensive guy, but you have to be impressed with the "D" so far. Why do you think they have played so much better these past 2 games?
Dezaron-
Quote:
I feel its a combo of us playing well and putting points up on the scoreboard, and them really taking pride in what they do.
Prater-
Quote:
Coach last question. Week 5 is Bye but then you play 9 straight games. With the next 2 on the road. At this point New Mexico (3-1) in Week 14 appears to be your biggest challenge. How will you guy's prepare for whats ahead and what do you feel is your biggest challenge?
Dezaron-
Quote:
We are just going to take it 1 game at a time. I really want to see Joe go a game without a INT. If we can cut down our turnovers then we will win games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »