Home

"Fear The Wheat!" A Wichita State Shockers Dynasty.

This is a discussion on "Fear The Wheat!" A Wichita State Shockers Dynasty. within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #33
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: "Fear The Wheat!" A Wichita State Shockers Dynasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswgrad2012
News & Notes:

-The 2015 college football season has wrapped up, with Alabama defeating Clemson in the National Championship Game. Here are some notable bowl results.

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl: Houston def. Florida State
Capital One Orange Bowl: Clemson def. Oklahoma
Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic: Alabama def. Michigan State
Battlefrog Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State def. Notre Dame
Rose Bowl Game: Stanford def. Iowa
Allstate Sugar Bowl: Ole Miss def. Oklahoma State

When it comes to the College Football Playoff, I have considered modding it into this dynasty. That won't happen right away, but it could happen at some point. For now, we're sticking with the BCS.

-National Signing Day is upon us, and the renovations to Cessna Stadium should be completed soon. Coach Willingham has put together a decent roster since taking the job in 2014, and the team will start practice soon.
Just an FYI, as far as I'm aware you can't use any of the prebuilt modding tools that you can find on the NCAA forum because of the fact that you're using a TeamBuilder squad. So hope that doesn't put a dent in your plans there Also, just want to agree with you that those jerseys are gorgeous! Anything with a black/gold color scheme is top notch

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 02-09-2017, 02:53 PM   #34
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Just an FYI, as far as I'm aware you can't use any of the prebuilt modding tools that you can find on the NCAA forum because of the fact that you're using a TeamBuilder squad. So hope that doesn't put a dent in your plans there
You serious? Damn, I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Also, just want to agree with you that those jerseys are gorgeous! Anything with a black/gold color scheme is top notch
Figured you would say that.

Not that it matters, but every team you like I oppose. Your Steelers to my Bengals. Your Penguins to my Blue Jackets.

Just ribbing you a little.

Dynasty Stops:
1. Tulane Green Wave
2. UAB Blazers
3. Wichita State Shockers

Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr HAM 101 (friend me/message me!)
Old 02-09-2017, 07:46 PM   #35
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

I see this is shaping up to be another one of your dynasties in which it takes about 80 posts until you play the first game. #GetOnWithIt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2017, 07:51 PM   #36
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

2016 National Signing Day
Shockers reveal inaugural roster

February 1, 2016
by Ronald Wells

The annual college football recruiting period has officially come to a close for this season, and the Wichita State Shockers have unveiled their debut roster for the 2016 season. Because the Wichita Eagle charges per word for advertising space, rather than list the entire roster here, the Wichita State Athletic Office released only the names of those that the coaching staff has told everyone to "pay attention to this season." We list those players here, including some commentary.

Quarterbacks
The quarterback situation is a bit of a toss-up, but freshman Mario Rivera seems to have the leg-up so far. He fits the mold of what Coach Willingham wants in his quarterbacks, which is a dual-threat. Bergstrand & Heard should serve a role on the team too, however.

Running Backs
One of the reasons that Rivera has the upper hand on the starting QB job is because of these running backs. Damien Ervin & Rusty McIntire are both transfers and are expected to serve large roles in the offense. Ervin is a JUCO transfer from nearby Garden City Community College, while McIntire is a graduate transfer from Syracuse. The trio of Rivera, Ervin & McIntire would allow the Shockers to run some form of ground-based offense.

Wide Receivers
If the Shockers run a form of spread offense as they are expected to, these two wideouts are worthy of attention. D'Juan Torres is a speed demon who can stretch the field catching & running the ball, while Elvis McCutcheon is a big body who can take the top off a defense. While Torres will have a few years to acclimate himself, McCutcheon is another grad transfer (Michigan State) and will only have one year.

Linebackers
For the most part, the defense leaves a little to be desired. But there are a few key pieces. Two of them are these linebackers. Sheldon Kemp and Roosevelt Harper are expected to be starters in 2016, and are expected to contribute greatly as the defense has holes. Kemp is a good player in space, which should make him a great tackler, and Harper is more of the same.

Secondary
The secondary may be the strength of this defense, when you look at these three guys. Jimmie Dahl is probably the best player on the defense, and his role may be to play center-fielder. Leslie Thomas will be his partner-in-crime, and the two of them should do a good job manning the secondary. Add in an athletic senior in Tim Veney and the Shockers should give opposing quarterbacks fits.

Special Teams
Believe it or not, special teams actually matter. And Titus Prater may play a larger role on the team than expected. If the Shockers struggle on offense (which could happen, given the state of the roster), Prater is capable of changing field position by himself. Which is exactly what you look for in a punter. Prater is expected to handle ALL kicking duties for the Shockers, including punting, placekicking & field goals.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:53 PM   #37
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundingThird
I see this is shaping up to be another one of your dynasties in which it takes about 80 posts until you play the first game. #GetOnWithIt
You jest, but I've already played week one.

Dynasty Stops:
1. Tulane Green Wave
2. UAB Blazers
3. Wichita State Shockers

Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr HAM 101 (friend me/message me!)
Old 02-09-2017, 08:49 PM   #38
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

Mountain West realigns its divisions
Boise State, Utah State move to West Division. Newcomers to Mountain.

May 15, 2016
by Art Scott

With the Mountain West now standing at 14 members, there were rumblings of potential realignment of its divisions. Those rumors were made official today with league commissioner Craig Thompson revealing the new divisional setup. Boise State and Utah State are heading to the West Division, while the newcomers (Wichita State, UTEP, Tulsa) will play in the Mountain Division. The move satisfies Boise State, who relies heavily on California for recruiting. It also allows the three new schools to cut back on their travel budgets. The realignment was agreed upon unanimously.

Quote:
Craig Thompson (MWC Commissioner): "This new alignment will make our conference more balanced, and should create more geographic rivalries."

The new alignment is set to take place for the upcoming season. Schedules have already been made with these changes in mind.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:57 AM   #39
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

Excited for this one bro, love the idea of the new MWC although I'm a little sad to see Hawaii won't be a big part of this dynasty haha. Good luck though, I hope you can build a dynasty and "shock" the college world.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:23 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Off to a great start. Those jerseys are really nice! The inaugural schedule looks like it might be pretty challenging.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »