Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Announcement and First Feature Details

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Announcement and First Feature Details within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Announcement and First Feature Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Yep, while I would like to get the bonus course with my pre-order, I am definately waiting a few weeks to see if the pins are still in there from some the OS guys who play it here. This game costs too much with DLC to waste money with something that has that severe of a flaw and to me it's absolutely ridiculous that they can't be bothered to fix
I honestly don't understand why some of you don't just play TW 08 on the PC. The gameplay's far better than on the console, the graphics are just as good, customizable players, tours, seasons, course creation, no carnival pins, etc. and etc. I've never bought a console version of TW yet, only ever rented it. And I don't intend to, not until EA decides to make it as sim and as customizable as the PC version was (and still is).
Old 01-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
And I don't intend to, not until EA decides to make it as sim and as customizable as the PC version was (and still is).
I doubt you will ever see a console Golf game offer the same features as a PC version, but TW 13 is getting closer to it, but still likely has a ways to go to get to the options available for the PC version....
Old 01-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 9

I posted this on the TW forums but no answer as of yet. Hoping Divot has some inside scoop.

Here are a few questions that I hope can be answered.

1) Ball lie. For instance I am lying in what appears to be deep rough and the lie indicator shows my ball sitting down in it? On the HARDEST difficulty will it still show a percentage of how far the ball will go and as my stats improve will that percentage start to get smaller. i.e from 40-60% to say 45% once stats are good. I am HOPING that the answer is there are NO percentages at all and that you have to guesstimate how it will come out of that lie.

2) Can I move around in the tee box?? When I play gof IRL I never tee up in one specific spot especially when I want to work the ball off the tee. Please tell me this has been addressed.

3) If I am in a career mode and my character is driving the ball on avg 305-310 off the tee is there a way to now NOT have my stats improve? Therefore forcing me to have no choice but to keep getting longer and longer off the tee.

Thanks for any answers you guys can provide. I have not purchased a TW golf game in about 4 years now and I'm hoping this is the year I can return to console golf.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #60
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

So, now that EA has unveiled Kinect support, can you guys talk about it now? I'd just like to know your impressions if you were able to try it out. Does it seem like it is going to work or does it feel gimmicky? I'm just talking about the swing, don't care aout menu navigation or voice integration.

My concern from the videos is the guy made a very hard and fast putting stroke for what was only about a 8-10 foot putt. His swing in real life would have sent the ball flying off the green, unless it was the slowest green in the world. I wasn't going to give this game a shot this year unless Kinect works as advertised.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 24

I thought chipping was fixed in this game. I watched a Youtube video of Dustin Johnson playing a round and he had 30 yds to the pin and the user selected a sandwedge which has a max of 105 yds. Johnson took a full swing and it went about 30 yards. If I took a full swing with my sand wedge from that close to the pin I would end up at the next teebox. I thought your joystick was mapped to the onscreen club but I guess not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #62
MVP

As EA has stated numerous times and the videos actually have an icon called "WIP - Work in Progress", the videos are NOT final code and they are working to fine tune all aspects of the game.....now if you see something like this in the final version, the be my guest and let them have it with both barrels....

Last edited by DivotMaker; 01-25-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I thought chipping was fixed in this game. I watched a Youtube video of Dustin Johnson playing a round and he had 30 yds to the pin and the user selected a sandwedge which has a max of 105 yds. Johnson took a full swing and it went about 30 yards. If I took a full swing with my sand wedge from that close to the pin I would end up at the next teebox. I thought your joystick was mapped to the onscreen club but I guess not.

In retrospect, I think my response above was a bit harsh, my apologies to you. I have not seen the issue you describe, but have no doubt it likely happened. In that case, thanks for bringing this to the Devs attention and hopefully they see it and resolve it before the game is released.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 9

Divot do you have any ideas on the questions I asked about 4-5 posts above this one?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »