Home

The Golf Club 2019 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2019 Impressions Thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2018, 11:38 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 2
The Golf Club 2019 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
This was my concern given the timing of this game. EA dropped the PGA license what, three months ago? And according to IGN, at least, they still maintain an ongoing relationship with the PGA, whatever that means, so it may be more of a timeshare of sorts for TGC.

Since they seem to be turning the franchise into a yearly release, I'll probably end up waiting until next year's version, giving HB some time to get more polish on the "official" end of things, including gear, courses, and hopefully some better broadcast-like immersion.

This is my take as well. I supported the team through 1 and 2 even though I did not play them too much since I quickly got bored. I loved that they were giving it a go, so I wanted to support a new golf game. I know that this is still an early phase of development, but I will be waiting to buy one of the next few editions. I would like actual golfers, different skill attributes in career mode, actual commentary and more courses. I believe that they will get there, but it just not the game for me yet.

Last edited by goillini03; 08-29-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:40 AM   #50
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The Golf Club 2019 Impressions Thread

I can see nothing but great things with the partnership with 2k. If they can get the majors, the skies the limit.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:43 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

How do you put spin on the ball? Everything I hit rolls forward....not too realistic so I'm sure there's a way and I'm missing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 11:48 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 0
Post Re: The Golf Club 2019 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviegolfballs
How do you put spin on the ball? Everything I hit rolls forward....not too realistic so I'm sure there's a way and I'm missing it.
My understanding is that getting spin requires basically a perfect swing now (tempo and deviation line)
Old 08-29-2018, 12:04 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 7

Try adding more loft to the shot - I have got a few shots to stick using that method.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:37 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 7

Effects of the wind still seem to be a bit inconsistent. Chips seem to be somewhat improved but pitches are still dodgy. Putting feels a little better. Announcing is still annoying but I mute it so no biggie for me. Hoping some decent societies start popping up soon once people realize that the game has actually been released, what an odd release. Loft mechanic seems to still be all or nothing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2018, 12:46 PM   #55
Rookie

alangst's Arena

OVR: 1

So what are the major differences/improvements over TGC2?

I know the PGA license allows "official" courses and the Fedex cup, but aside from it being official, weren't these things available in TGC2?

Is there a bigger variety of things available to customize your character in wardrobe (aside from the improved character creator)?

Visually is there that big of a difference?

Also, any major differences between the versions graphically speaking?

I realize that the creator community of TGC1 and 2 have really spoiled me as far as the importance of the officially licensced courses. Some of the created "Augusta" courses felt much more like the Masters than EA's last attempt at it 5 or 6 years ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 12:59 PM   #56
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Has anyone else tried taking one extra club for each iron in their bag (3-8 instead of 4-9 for example) and just lofting up to match the original distance they want? Woud definitely heighten ball flight and might produce better spin too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »