Home

OBG's Official St. Louis Blues (NHL 11 Thread)

This is a discussion on OBG's Official St. Louis Blues (NHL 11 Thread) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #25
Pro

mikko1995's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: OBG's Official St. Louis Blues (NHL 11 Thread)

Nice two shootout wins OBG. Hopefully your forwards start scoring, so that D wouldn't need to score all the goals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 10

Solid start OBG - good to see the win column ticking over, enjoying this.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:07 AM   #27
Pro

HeroWorship's Arena

OVR: 5

Thank jah you are beginning to win some games. Even though the last two were in the shootout, blowing out the Sharks and beating Boston in OT are big. Too bad Steve Mason shut you guys out, but hey, Jay McClement did something useful, so that works
Old 09-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #28
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Struggling Avs Ice Blues In Mile High City

(8-8-0) STL 1
(6-9-2) COL 3
Shots STL 16 COL 23
PP STL 0-1 COL 0-3

Cody McLeod would score twice for the Avs and Peter Mueller would grace the highlight reel with an absolutley amazing goal as the Avs would hold the Blues to just 16 shots tonight at Pepsi Center.

Jaroslav Halak would keep the Blues in the game as Colorado outshot the Blues 13-3 in the 1st period, but Halak couldn't keep the Note in the game in the final 40 minutes, surrendering 3 goals on 10 more shots.

The Blues would get Barret Jackman's 4th goal of the season as he continues to lead the Blues in scoring through the seasons 1st quarter.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Several Struggling At Even Strength

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Blues Edge Dead Wings With 3rd Period Rally

(9-8-0) STL 3
(4-10-2) DET 2
Shots STL 23 DET 19
PP STL 0/3 DET 0/1

Former Blue Paul Kariya would score for Detroit in the first minute of play, giving him 4 goals and 5 assists in 9 games as the Redwings looked poised to snap out of their early season funk.

The Blues, however, would outshoot the Wings 20-12 over the 2nd and 3rd periods as they move above .500 once again. The Blues have been flirting with the .500 mark for a majority of the season and are focusing on consisitant play, looking to get ahead of the ball early in effort to avoid playing catchup later in the season.

"We're steadily looking to improve our play. We're looking for more consistency from our forwards as there are some notables who've struggled. As the season wears on, we're looking for some key guys to get their game in order", said head coach Davis Payne after tonights win in Detroit.

The Blues would get goals from Roman Polak, Matt D'Agostini, and the game-winner from Alex Steen in the win.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Returning To Form

After struggling to a GAA of 3.50 in October, Jaroslav Halak has been solid so far in November allowing just 14 goals in 361 minutes--a GAA of 2.32.

"I'm starting to feel more comfortable, and with that I hope we see a bunch of wins"--Jaroslav Halak
Old 09-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #29
Pro

HeroWorship's Arena

OVR: 5

David Perron sucks for you. If I were you, I'd do the following:

1) Trade Him
2) Send him to the Minors
3) Take him out jet skilling and cut the chords

Just my opinion, though.

Oh, good job beating the Wings.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #30
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroWorship
David Perron sucks for you. If I were you, I'd do the following:

1) Trade Him
2) Send him to the Minors
3) Take him out jet skilling and cut the chords

Just my opinion, though.

Oh, good job beating the Wings.
Noted...

Perron has a lot more slack than Boyes who has till January to turn things around.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:52 PM   #31
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Goal Review Falls In Blues Favor; Blues Top Sens 3-2

(6-12-2) OTW 2
(10-8-0) STL 3
Shots OTW 23 STL 30
PP OTW 0/2 STL 1/3

The St. Louis Blues have won three straight tonight with the help of a pair of goals from Andy McDonald and a lucky game-winning marker from Alex Steen.

The Sens would take the lead in the first period on a goal from Mike Fisher, who scored both Sens goals on the evening, before the Blues would take over the game in the 2nd period. St. Louis would outshoot the Sens 14-5 in the second frame and would tie the game when an Erik Johnson pass would hit TJ Oshie's skate sending the puck toward the corner in Ottawa's end. Oshie would lose the race for the puck by half a step before throwing a shoulder into the Ottawa defenseman, knocking him off balance before Oshie would recover the puck and immediately send a pass across the slot to Andy McDonald to tie the score 1-1.

McDonald would add another goal before Alex Steen would be hit in the arm with an Erik Johnson wrist shot from the point. The play would be reviewed, but would stand as a good goal as it was determined that Steen did not intentionally direct the puck on net with his hand.

Fisher would add his second goal of the game too late as Ty Conklin and the Blues would take the victory before a sellout crowd of 18,987 at Scottrade Center.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Marty & Co. Too Much For Blues

(12-8-0) NJD 4
(10-9-0) STL 2
Shots NJD 28 STL 30
PP NJD 0/2 STL 0/1

The New Jersey Devils would get a stellar performance between the pipes from Martin Brodeur and a pair of goals from Brian Rolston (4) in a 4-2 win over St. Louis tonight.

The Blues had won three straight heading into the contest and, aside from a highlight reel play by TJ Oshie, had little to cheer for in the loss.

Patrick Berglund scored his team leading 7th goal of the season while Jaroslav Halak allowed 3 goals on 27 shots.

Be sure to check out the upcoming Plays of the Month to see the highlights from TJ Oshie in these two games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 10:49 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey Onlybygrace, just stopped in to say thanks for all the work you do on the sliders, I've been playing with them and they are great as usual (I used yours in NHL 10 also). Great Franchise you got going on here and I read through your whole Wolves one too, love the work you put into it.

I'm having problems winning faceoffs though, maybe I'm just not good enough at faceoffs in this game yet. Well, just thought I'd stop by and say hi and keep up the good work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »